Sign in to follow this  
CaptainRex110

8039 Problems

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hey, I recently bought the 8039 Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser, and have been having some problems with it. I was wondering of anyone else was having a problem with the bottom falling off. For me, after a short while of using the handle, the entire bottom eventually completely separates from the rest of the ship. Any suggestions?

- CaptainRex110

Edited by KimT

I think you should just rebuild the set. A lot of problems like that are because the set isn't built right. :wink:

I think you should just rebuild the set. A lot of problems like that are because the set isn't built right. :wink:

yep, it's too underscale. try modding the critical structure such as the bottom with 4x1, 4x2, studs.

Oh no, he didn't build it wrong. The handle I think was a terrible design. I wanted to try pinning it to the bottom with technic supports, but it hasn't worked yet. I'll get back when I have! :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

This kind of experince would do good in one of the reviews on this set.

I'll merge this into a review shortly.

I had the same problem with my UCS imperial star destroyer meaning the two bottom panels that are held up by magnets and hinges would separate at the magnets. Built it twice and correctly both times.

Hello,

I got this set when in came out, its probably the worst built set. I mad and took it down... i recently built it again thinking what can i mod. It needs so much help.

anybody have pics or ideas?

it basically needs to be rebuilt completely.

what i have done:

took out the 6x6 smooth floor and put in a plate, support for main mount to floor but could be better.

it has up and down flex and side to side flex.

im trying to support the front to back right now...

anybody?