Dragonator

Mystical Castle - The Alliance

00alliance.jpg

Since the disappearance of the last Dragon King almost 20 years ago, civil war has run through the once mighty Kingdom of the Dragon Knights like a plague runs through a city. The land has seen much blood, much war, and much mayhem, with the rise and fall of dozens of new nations. Much has changed from the old ways, and it is only those who are strong of will and have the desire for survival that have been successful in their bids for power and influence in such an unstable time. No dragons have been sighted in the land since the ransacking of the capital, Dratos, and the looting of Dragons Keep, not many months after civil unrest broke out. The city has long since been abandoned, leaving the once mighty citadel that was the center of the kingdom to the vultures. Although the Kingdom no longer survives, a number of new territories have since sprung up throughout the once unified land. The largest of these are based around the three largest surviving cities in the land; the People's Republic of Hamenweir in the north, the City State of Dromindur in the far South, and the Kingdom of Matidoer towards the East. Although all small, with hardly any real control beyond the walls of their own cities, these three new nations have been successful in keeping a foothold in the new unstable world the people are now forced to live in. But they will not survive much longer if war continues to ravage the land, with many various armies contending for dominance over the sacred ground that was the Dragon Knights Kingdom. In the hope of peace, and future survival, King Charles Stafford of Matidoer has called a meeting of the Three Nations, to discuss a very important matter...

01alliance.jpg

We find the King addressing his people in the Grand Hall of Matidoer Castle, a large sprawling mass of stone built on a small secluded island in the middle of the city. Originally a residence for the governor of the city, and the official palace of the Dragon King when visiting, the castle has since been converted to reflect its new use as the home of the monarch of the newly wrought Kingdom of Matidoer.

02alliance.jpg

In the vaulted hall, a gathering of the castle residents has been called to hear the words of their king. A lot of people have turned out, from the highest of the nobles to the lowest kitchen scullion. The crowd has gathered in eager anticipation of the coming announcement.

03alliance.jpg

Speaking from his chair, the king begins.

"Representatives of the Nations, Nobility of Matidoer, people of the city, I have called you here today to bear witness to a turning point in the history of our land. For many years now we have struggled to survive in this land, fearing for the safety of our loved ones, fearing that tomorrow we may not have enough food to eat or shelter to keep us warm at night."

04alliance.jpg

"Today however, this changes. For many months now, I have been in talks with the leaders of the People's Republic of Hamenweir, and the City State of Dromindur, to find a solution to our problem. Today, we have with us representatives from both of these nations, here to join their nations with ours in a new alliance, the Alliance of the Three Nations. Together, we can work towards peace in our land, by quelling internal unrest and driving off the barbarian forces that still pillage and burn their ways through our lives. Together, we can work towards a better future for us all."

05alliance.jpg

"It is on your shoulders as faithful citizens of these nations that falls the responsibility of upholding the new laws of our land. We are a new people, a people with a future, and we must overcome our past so that we might achieve this and once again live in peace, without the fear of invasion, disease or starvation. It is on you that this responsibility lies."

06alliance.jpg

"There may well be those who will oppose this alliance and its new terms, such as traditionalist groups like the rumored Dragons, a group of villainous thieves I have heard it told, however if we work together as a unified force then we will over come this. For the sake of our children, we must. Together, we can overcome such petty scum as they."

07_alliance.jpg

"Today, the Alliance of the Three Nations has been born. It has been founded on the need for a future, not a past. We must forget our past, forget our ancestors' dedication to the race of dragons, forget their blind worship of a divine species that has abandoned us, and instead focus on our futures, the future of mankind. It is magic and the arcane arts that have driven us down to where we are now, and so for us to go on, we must banish magic, banish that which is unnatural and unneeded in our lives, and instead found our new world order on the strength and courage of men, men with the bravery to fight the enemy face to face."

08alliance.jpg

"Go now, people of Matidoer, representatives of the Alliance, and let us celebrate the union of our nations in our fight against evil, against magic, and against those that would prevent our children from growing up safe and happy. Our lives will never be the same after this day. Let us embrace each other as brothers and sisters, children of the same earth, bonded by the Alliance."

The people gathered cheered their king's words, and after the signing of the documents, the celebrations began. Would things turn out well, as the King had foretold? Would peace finally come to the land that was once the Dragon Knights Kingdom? As the sun began to set over the castle, one could not help but feel uneasy, that death might walk the halls of Matidoer Castle that night...

09alliance.jpg

Welcome to Mystical Castle, the long awaited sequel to Mystery Castle. In this game you will be playing as the Citizens of the Alliance of the Three Nations. Your aim is to wipe out any opposition that may spring up because of this new Alliance, namely the Dragons, an elitist group of traditionalists.

The Rules

This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.

- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.

- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).

- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.

- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.

- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.

- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.

- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting might actions in promptly.

Any further rules will be either included in your personal character PMs, or will be updated here.

If you are interested in participating, please show your interest by posting in this topic within the next 4 days. A group of 21 players will then be selected from those interested, and will be given roles within the game. Selections are final, and are not to be disputed. Only sign up if you are willing to make the time commitment to post every day and be an active player for the duration of your time in the game (expected game length is approximately 2 months). If you sign up and do not participate, you will be unlikely to be considered for future games. This game will be a rather complex version of Mafia, so if you are new to the game and not confident yet it is suggested you watch this game and read up on previous games to get an idea for how it is played.

I'll see you in the castle.

~Dragonator

I will join.

Oh god... here we go again. :hmpf::tongue:

Beam me up scottydraggy I'd like to play :sweet:

Edited by Darth_Legois

Hey Im new to all this but feel pretty confident so I would love to play the game.

Thanks

Oh god... here we go again. :hmpf::tongue:

Beam me up scottydraggy I'd like to play :sweet:

Don't worry, I won't screw this one up for myself. :wink:

Hey Draggy,

I am in. Don't you dare leave me out there in the cold! :grin:

But Draggy told you that you needed to cool down, remember? :tongue:

But Draggy told you that you needed to cool down, remember? :tongue:

Aww, I did. :blush:

Do let me in, I will treat my fellow players, Shadows, with fairness. :grin:

:devil:

Loving the mythology you've written for this! :wub:

As a fan of castles and fantasy, and the solver of the secrets of the Mystery Manor (which I gather is a spiritual sequel to this), I would be honored if you chose me to participate on this.

This would be my second Mafia-game here, so you may count me as a rookie, but I've played the real life version of the game countless times.

:sweet: I'd love to apply for a position, Dragonator. :grin: