Sign in to follow this  
Vladimir Leonov

My first MOC: Schooner

Looks nice, but you should really resize your images. Eurobricks has a maximum image size policy of 800x600 to keep loading time down for those with slower connections. Check out this tutorial on resizing images. :pir-wink:

But from what I can tell of these oversized images, your MOC looks nice. I like your custom sails. :thumbup:

Yes, my bricks are dusty. :pir-cry_sad: The model was actually sitting on display for a while, didn't really occur to me.

Got the images resized, sorry, you'd think little point and shoot cameras wouldn't produce such ridiculously hi-res images. I plan to make the foresails white as well, but for now I'm rockin' the SES sails.

Eurobricks has a maximum image size policy of 800x200 to keep loading time down for those with slower connections.

Wasn't it 800x600?

I like your ship Vladimir, especially when this is your first attempt.

There are some accurate details on the ship, which I always like.

What I don't like is the large ammount of dusty bricks. :pir_laugh2: That's a joke though because a lot of my bricks are dusty as well. :pir-wink:

The sails look very similar to a Schooner, great job on that. I'd recommend to make custom sails for the tricorne sails at the front as well.

I think that will look better. :thumbup:

And perhaps it's a good idea to place a flag at the stern as well. Since I notice a flagpole there. :pir-classic:

Looks very good, reminds me to the Imperial Flagship, but with more space like I like it.

Looks very good, reminds me to the Imperial Flagship, but with more space like I like it.

Reminds me of that too. It looks nice :thumbup:

If you decide to clean your bricks by washing them, use cold water, NOT HOT WATER

Hot water causes your bricks to expand which makes them unable to click together, rendering them useless.

If you decide to sanitize your bricks with soap, use nothing more then liquid soap on the minifigs/bricks with painting on them.

It doesn't matter what you use too clean the bricks that don't have any markings.

Edited by Ratshot

I actually have a large bluecoat flag that I was going to place on the rear flagpole, but I can't find it anywhere. I have a bunch of bluecoats coming to me, but I haven't received them from my friend yet, hence the lack of crew... Its actually kinda disappointing, the only imperial soldier set I got when I was a kid was Sabre Island and I have all the pieces for it and none of the minifigs. I also may just re-flag it as a pirate ship.

As a History buff and major, I have learned that Sloops and Schooners were more popular choices of sailing vessels in the Caribbean because they could operated in very shallow water. My intention was to create something fairly realistic.

Pretty good ship. Though it could use some more crewmembers :pir-classic: Nice thing to make the mast(s) lean over a little bit. For the rest, maybe you could make the figurehead a little bit better and place the compass on the steering wheel or something like that. And please place the flag on the fore mast higher because the enemy could think you surrender yourself :pir_laugh2:

Yeah, the figurehead was sort of an afterthought. I kind of feel that for this type of ship, it might be better off without a figurehead at all.

And please place the flag on the fore mast higher because the enemy could think you surrender yourself

Honestly, what did you expect from a bluecoat ship? :pir_laugh2: