Sign in to follow this  
Legoliner Pilot

LDD MOC: 7/11 Convenience Store

I was bored today so I decided to make my own Convenience store for my on-the-go minifigs. The store is adapted from the biking/skating shop from the awesome 7641 City Life set. Enjoy!

You get 1 minifig, and that is the clerk [and owner]. The reason I only put 1 minifig in the set is because the price per minifig parts on Lego Factory is very high.

The front of the shop is nothing fancy, just a clock and a space for a 7/11 logo. The pole sticking out is a flagpole similar to the biking/skating shop in 7641 City Life. You have to supply your own white flag though, because LDD insists that you cannot order a set with one. :hmpf_bad:

711frontshot.png

The inside, however, is a bit more detailed. You will find a Slurpee/slushy [Do you guys have these in Europe?] machine with two cups and and two flavors, cherry and blueberry. Across from the Slurpee/slushy machine there is some fresh fruit hanging from the wall. To the left of the fresh fruit wall is the checkout area. This counter includes a cash register, a coffee maker, croissant maker, and a red cabinet with two white drawers.

711backshot.png

I would like input on this MOC... I think I did good for what I had.

Legoliner Pilot

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

Be patient, somebody is bound to notice it :wink:. It's a nice MOC. I really like all the detail you've included in such a small MOC. May I suggest purchasing you parts from Bricklink.com? The prices are much cheaper, and there is a much wider variety of parts from various sellers around the world. I hope this comes in handy, and great MOC!

Be patient, somebody is bound to notice it :wink:. It's a nice MOC. I really like all the detail you've included in such a small MOC. May I suggest purchasing you parts from Bricklink.com? The prices are much cheaper, and there is a much wider variety of parts from various sellers around the world. I hope this comes in handy, and great MOC!

Hey, thanks! The Slurpee/slushy machine was a bit hard to develop initially because of the cramped space in the store, but it turned out alright.

I am a little bit new to MOCing so I have a few nooby questions I'd like to get off my chest-

First- How do you make custom decals [stickers] for MOCs?

Second- What does SNOT stand for? :tongue:

Third- Can you order all the parts at once on Bricklink or do you have to go across many sellers? Does it take a long time?

First- How do you make custom decals [stickers] for MOCs?

I personally have not. I think many people who do use software like Photoshop. You can request a decal from somebody else in the Decal Wishlist Thread.

Second- What does SNOT stand for? :tongue:

SNOT stands for Studs Not On Top. That means that anything built sideways or upside-down would be considered SNOT. An example would be your sign.

Third- Can you order all the parts at once on Bricklink or do you have to go across many sellers? Does it take a long time?

It varies. Some sellers carry a larger variety of parts, though they may be a few cents more expensive per piece. One thing you do is create a Wanted List and go through stores that have some parts to see if they have more parts than you can see. If a seller has most of the parts you need, but not all, you can always send them an email asking them if they the parts you are looking for. If you have any further Bricklink questions, I suggest you ask them in this thread.

I hope this answers your questions!

I personally have not. I think many people who do use software like Photoshop. You can request a decal from somebody else in the Decal Wishlist Thread.

SNOT stands for Studs Not On Top. That means that anything built sideways or upside-down would be considered SNOT. An example would be your sign.

It varies. Some sellers carry a larger variety of parts, though they may be a few cents more expensive per piece. One thing you do is create a Wanted List and go through stores that have some parts to see if they have more parts than you can see. If a seller has most of the parts you need, but not all, you can always send them an email asking them if they the parts you are looking for. If you have any further Bricklink questions, I suggest you ask them in this thread.

I hope this answers your questions!

Thanks! You are very helpful!

I'm sorry, but I have another question...

Is there a way to see a list of all the parts in a LDD model? I want to know what parts I need to buy.

Bricklink is awesome (finally, a place to buy those turkey legs! :wub: )...

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

I'm sorry, but I have another question...

Is there a way to see a list of all the parts in a LDD model? I want to know what parts I need to buy.

Bricklink is awesome (finally, a place to buy those turkey legs! :wub: )...

There is a way here (the second post). Another way is to pick the selection tool and set it the sme brick function (Shift+V until you see an arrow and a brick beside it and click a brick and drag it away from the MOC and count how many parts you need. It will take a long time for bigger MOCs but for this one, it'll probably only take a few minutes) :classic:

There is a way here (the second post). Another way is to pick the selection tool and set it the sme brick function (Shift+V until you see an arrow and a brick beside it and click a brick and drag it away from the MOC and count how many parts you need. It will take a long time for bigger MOCs but for this one, it'll probably only take a few minutes) :classic:

I tried that method (the first one in your post) and when I download the 'instructions' it is really just a copy of my model, and I printed it, and it only gave me a picture of it.... Help?

I like your design for the Slushy Machine. You could think about trying to use better software, as Lego Factory is very limited. I have begun to try to use 'MLCAD', there is a learning curve but I think the potential is much greater. This program could also create the 'Parts List' for you to order from BrickLink.

or you could try useing the pieces you own, i need a male blonde hairpiece i could order it but i know i own it so ill find it.(i hate unsorted boxs nearly as much as sorting them).

I tried that method (the first one in your post) and when I download the 'instructions' it is really just a copy of my model, and I printed it, and it only gave me a picture of it.... Help?

Just break apart your model and see how many of each piece you need.