Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Lehmann Toy Train

traintech1.jpg

Lehmann Toy Trains is a toy company which is part of Lehmann Gross Bahn (LGB) (now owned by Marklin), maker of G-scale trains. For those of you unfamiliar with "G-scale", "G" is for Garden, as in large scale garden railroad. The scale is 1:22.5 (at leats for LGB).

I've been an admirer of LGB and G-scale trains since I was a kid, only seeing them in the more expensive toy shops. Playmobil uses a very similar, if not the same scale for their trains and were even sold with brass LGB track many years ago.

What I'd like to share related to Lehmann Toy Trains, LGB's fun train for kids, is the fact that they have some very creative train sets and wagons marketed for children. While I've seen numerous Lego train models inspired from real-life trains, Lego train enthusiasts haven't really created too many "fun trains", aside from maybe a handful of Thomas trains.

Here are a few example of Lehmann's "Toy Trains":

- An exploding dynamite boxcar (I love the thought of this one)

- Themed trains like circus, black & white spotted cow, Peanuts, and Disney

- Bubble blowing car

- Dynosaur cars

(to name just a few)

I think some of these trains from Lehmann Toy Trains would make great Lego creations.

Have you tried creating any "fun trains"?

Share your thoughts.

This sounds like an interesting idea. I really like the idea of a circus train - I think there'd be a lot of mileage in that. What I think would look quirky would be a train which looks like a Chinese dragon (see below). It could be some kind of carnival train! It might be something for a display where the children could point it out.

dragon-dance.jpg

Have you tried creating any "fun trains"?

I've done an Adventurer's Train, a Circus Train that opens up into a full big-top tent, and a Batman locomotive. I've also seen a couple of chinese dragon trains. At BrickFair this year, there was an awesome shark train that had fins which would retract into the shark's body when it went through a tunnel.

I also recall seeing a dwarve's mining train, I think here on Eurobricks. I thought that one was a neat idea.

-Elroy

Taltos: thanks for sharing these creations. I had not seen the Shark Train or the Circus Train before - very nice. I have thought about building an aquarium car once before, after seeing a small Thomas version. I think it would make a clever creation.

In regard to your Adventure Train, I can't tell you how many times I've checked your Brickshelf account admiring your fine creation. I'm a huge fan of the Adventure themes, and after seeing your Adventure Train, I wanted to build one myself. As a novice train MOCer; however, I never even knew where to start. Fabulous creation! :wub:

I also like circus trains, and I would love to see TLC release one.

I'm not sure what you mean by a dinosaur car though, is it like a car to hold dino's or is it a car shaped like a dinosaur?

I'm not sure what you mean by a dinosaur car though, is it like a car to hold dino's or is it a car shaped like a dinosaur?

A car to hold dinosaurs.

That batman train looks impressive, its got me thinking more about my idea I had to MOC the steam time machine locomotive from Back To The Future 3 (I already MOCed the regular non-time machine logo from the movie)