Sign in to follow this  
Corvus

Dead End!

indexed.gif

Hi there!

So I had some spare build time, and was curious to see how many tan plates I could rummage up. I started building, and ended up with this:

3876391259_2725efa538_o.jpg

Here we see Obi-Wan (decal by Vid), Rex, and an unnamed clone trapped behind a wall. Decals are cut-up official stickers.

3876391323_738cf2dea0_o.jpg

Side view. Droids, dead clones, etc. The technique of using the tiara for the head shot was inspired by a pic I saw on Flickr, which I can't find. If anyone knows who it was, please help! :blush:

3877182700_021e8c35b8_o.jpg

Overhead shot, with appropriate amount of gore.

Overall, I'm kind of annoyed with the pictures I took. I had to do a lot of depth of field to get it in, and I didn't do so well with it. Not only was everything not in focus particularly well, there were all sorts of odd little blurs and small specks... I'm not sure what was going on. Anyone ever had this happen before?

Any and all C&C welcome.

Generally nothing special, but still a nice scene. The use of the tiara is clever. :thumbup:

Is this before Rex shaved his head and Obi changed his Ep.II hair to Ep.III hair? :tongue:

Generally nothing special, but still a nice scene. The use of the tiara is clever. :thumbup:

Is this before Rex shaved his head and Obi changed his Ep.II hair to Ep.III hair? :tongue:

Sheesh. :hmpf:

You're right, nothing special. Not sure why I posted it here... :look: Oh well. Mostly an excuse to show off the official stickers use, especially the "danger" clone that I cut the sticker from a SP set. :laugh: Also to see how many tan plates I have so I can work on something bigger. Plus, I felt I needed to post something since I never do. :laugh:

Yes, Rex is bald... but I don't really like showing the studs on head. It looks odd to me.

Not quite sure about your picture problems. If you can, change out the lenses. A macro lens is great for closeups. But thinking about it now, your pics aren't really that close. Yeah, no help, sorry.

I do know that if the "danger clone" aims that minigun into the room, he would eliminate the droid problem really fast!

Not quite sure about your picture problems. If you can, change out the lenses. A macro lens is great for closeups. But thinking about it now, your pics aren't really that close. Yeah, no help, sorry.

I've been saving up for one. I've been using the one that came with the camera. :look:

Here's one of the first pics I took:

dead_end_003.jpg

See that blur above Obi? :sceptic:

That looks more like either a flash reflection off the lego due to another light source which can happen. (Just take a look at my falcon review) Or it could be the lens is dirty/has a smudge on it. Also some camera's have a "softness" mode where it makes the picture softer around the edges, check to see if its that.

I didn't realise the Droids had a merciless nature. I thought they just move on fowards and take Clones prisoner! But Im guessing the Black Droids are not military personel, More like Hired bounty hunter droids. :thumbup:

I like the Tiara blood! :laugh:

I've been saving up for one. I've been using the one that came with the camera. :look:

Here's one of the first pics I took:

dead_end_003.jpg

See that blur above Obi? :sceptic:

Ah that is just his Halo, no biggie there. :laugh:

Great use of the tiera, I didn't know what it was until someone said what it was. It's in the perfect spot :thumbup::thumbup:

Good display, Mr Mando! :thumbup:

I love the blood techniques! A nicely-constructed, yet still simple MOC.

Well done. :sweet:

Edited by ADHO15

It looks like the IG droid was saying:

"You scared... punk?"

:grin:

Nice MOC and decals! I may use that technique somewhere.

Thanks, guys! :sweet:

That looks more like either a flash reflection off the lego due to another light source which can happen. (Just take a look at my falcon review) Or it could be the lens is dirty/has a smudge on it. Also some camera's have a "softness" mode where it makes the picture softer around the edges, check to see if its that.

I had it on TV and it was set to 5". That's all I know... I'm not completely familiar wit hmy camera.

Ah that is just his Halo, no biggie there. :laugh:

:laugh:

It looks like the IG droid was saying:

"You scared... punk?"

:grin:

Nice MOC and decals! I may use that technique somewhere.

:laugh: indeed.

Again, the tiara idea was not mine- It's from a photo on Flickr, and as soon as I find it I'll give credit.

Sheesh. :hmpf:

You're right, nothing special. Not sure why I posted it here... :look: Oh well. Mostly an excuse to show off the official stickers use, especially the "danger" clone that I cut the sticker from a SP set. :laugh: Also to see how many tan plates I have so I can work on something bigger. Plus, I felt I needed to post something since I never do. :laugh:

Calm down, I said it's a nice scene, didn't I? :laugh:

And yes, that clone looks pretty good, even though it doesn't make sense that "Danger" is written in English instead of Aureebesh. :tongue:

I should post some more MOCs as well... :look:

It looks like the IG droid was saying: "You scared... punk?" :grin:

Or: "Hasta la vista, Cloney!" :grin:

Again, the tiara idea was not mine- It's from a photo on Flickr, and as soon as I find it I'll give credit.

Great. The only thing I liked about the MOC and the idea isn't even yours. :tongue: Nah, it's good that you used it. :thumbup:

I really like your custom clones and obi wan minifigs they look really cool. I like the use of the tiara and trans red pieces for blood they a perfectly placed and look great. Im really impressed with your photography though the pictures are really crisp!

Great job! :thumbup: