Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Noir Mafia: The Conclusion

Certainly everyone has a lot to say, it seems. :laugh:

The funny thing is that if I hadn't been killed on Night 1, I would most likely have been converted the next night. To bad things didn't turn out that way, I have never played as scum before, which is strange really, since I constantly get accused of it. Ah well, this just wasn't my game, and I've had a good run in previous ones.

Hilarious reading through all the night actions, no wonder Shadows survived so long! This really was a very interesting game. :sweet:

7. FBI. Seriously? They never fought the mob, and they didn't even exist in the 30's. :grin:

Shhhhh don't tell them that, You'll ruin my mafia game (Prohibition Mafia) :laugh:

8. Everyone is innocent? Everyone is guilty? It's TinyP, messing with your head. He's a witch, you know.

You've got to admit it wasn't as bad as WHM. :grin:

Anyway, off you for a moment. Legois! I knew I shouldn't have trusted you! Ah well, at least I killed you before Sal could kill me. If you didn't block me then, Sandy and Sal would have been dead, and the whole game would have taken a different direction. Last time I tell you anything. :hmpf_bad:

I don't have anything more too say.

LOL, gimme a break it was my first time as scum. :blush::laugh: Well how are you supposed to tell me anything since we're co-hosting a mafia game. default_huh.gif:tongue:

The whole game from day1 I tried to convice shadows to take you out but he kept saying "no, we'll deal with him later" Abit to late. :hmpf_bad::cry_sad:

Also I didn't want to block you since I knew you would kill artie. but shadows said "No artie is a newbie and can be easily swayed" default_huh.gif That back-fired. We would've won easily if things had gone my way. but nooo.. never listen to DL. :grin::tongue:

The most obvious move on Sal's part was sincerely accusing Quinn of poisoning his toast. I can't believe nobody else picked up on that. Striker, did you really think people would believe that? :laugh:

If I wasnt scum I would totally think he was scum. I even pm'd shadows and asked if we could vote him off to make ourselves look good. :laugh::grin::devil:

Darth Legois: It was great having you be a scumbag. (Don't know what smiley to put here...)

Atleast you avenged my death. :laugh:

It wasn't more like trying to get Quarry voted off, but more of trying to throw suspicion of of Shadows, and pin it on me.

... Okay, I'm a dirty liar, too. :laugh:

We know. :laugh:

You would have made a good replacement to Darth_Legois... :devil:

Hey! There was only one dancing, single-man visiting,witch blocker. :devil:

He was right. :tongue: Yeah, I would have I guess, Darth was kinda unbelivible. Didn't belive her for a second.

First time as scum. :blush:

I mean, he tried to kill me, if it wasn't for Legois, I would have been dead on Night 2! :hmpf_bad:

Darn you, Bob! :laugh:

What's funny is when you finally learn what was going on behind the scenes; I didn't even know that Ricecracker and Bob had tried to kill me.

You're welcome. :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Yeah, Legois was a protector? Bob did a good job. And you killed him, you got him back in a more painful way. :devil:

No I was a blocker...

Take a look at Night 2's status:

I think Legois saved me... I think I may have misread this, though... :wacko:

You bet your @$$ I did! :tongue:

Oh, Legois saved you alright...

If only I didn't tell her him my role...

:laugh:

So.. there we have it. Shadows is a great player. I wish we had been on the same side in this game. Striker, you did well also. Congrats to Hinck too. Great job guys! :classic:

Shadows, despite all of this rant from me, I still love you. :tongue:

But, I am fairly sure and agreed wtih Quarryman that for your past notorious history, you might not survive "Day 1". We will see about that in Mystery Castle II. :laugh:

Of course, we are very fair and open in our judgement. Grrr, Striker is an obvious scum, but I wanted to bring Shadows down at that point in time. By the way, I was wondering to myself since JimBee haven't commented yet and Shadows haven't mentioned it too. Were you controlling those scums to work together and overthrow JimBee out of the way to fufill your sub objective? Because I noticed you controlled the scums very well, to your bidding, and by using JimBee as a very good shield.

Great game TinyPiesRUs, I enjoyed this a lot. I pretty much figured out Imperial Shadows when he said he was an FBI agent, but I had my doubts when JimButcher was actually scum, but it became more clear the days after. Good job Striker, good job pulling that off, and not getting killed, I figured that you were scum day 1 just because you were naive, and were acting how I was when I played my first game. Shadows your a genius, for pulling that off. Was there any reason why I was chosen to be killed on day two?

Shadows, despite all of this rant from me, I still love you. :tongue:

Uh huh, I can tell by my name and title. :wink:

I still :wub: you too.

But, I am fairly sure and agreed wtih Quarryman that for your past notorious history, you might not survive "Day 1". We will see about that in Mystery Castle II. :laugh:

Metagaming! :tongue:

Just remember, if we're on the same side, I'm a good ally to have. :wink:

Were you controlling those scums to work together and overthrow JimBee out of the way to fufill your sub objective? Because I noticed you controlled the scums very well, to your bidding, and by using JimBee as a very good shield.

Pretty much. We discussed strategy during the day then I would send out the final results at the beginning of each night. It kept us coordinated and effective without allowing for the kinds of mistakes I saw players make while I was hosting Galactic Paranoia. Everyone should host a game eventually, it's a great learning experience.

Was there any reason why I was chosen to be killed on day two?

We had no connection to you, good or bad, so no one would suspect any of us for it. Someone had to die each night, that was yours. :wink:

Got that right. Thing is, you're never on my side.

You are being reckless... in the first day, causing too much distress, your role was important, but TinyPiesRUs, has also arranged Carlos/Flash to be the next bodyguard, so I believe there is no bodyguard for a few nights...

Being a bodyguard yourself, you should know that the scum want to take such valuable role out of their sight.

Hope you have learnt something new.

Indeed I have.

*sings under breath*

Don't be so reckless, throw down your gun...

:tongue:

Uh huh, I can tell by my name and title. :wink:

The title obviously was from me, but not your latest name. I believed it was from Hinck. :tongue:

That is, "if" I am absolute sure about this. :classic:

Everyone should host a game eventually, it's a great learning experience.

It's only a matter of time before we host one. :wink:

Was there any reason why I was chosen to be killed on day two?

I probably would've the next day anyway, seeing as you'd already suspected me because I was late. :tongue:

Hinckley, I've got to say, congrats to you as well. Shadows is incredible, but I always can at least suspect. him. You were the character I LEAST suspected, out of everyone.

The title obviously was from me, but not your latest name. I believed it was from Hinck. :tongue:

:grin: And that is because he's the shiesteriest of the shiesters! I can't believe anyone fell for his story. I couldn't even read it after a while. I skipped almost every post he made in this game. :hmpf: I had a feeling this is why I was converted: I was calling Shadows a liar by PM and calling out Sal in the thread. I guess I should've played my cards closer, huh? :blush: I was drunk when I read the PM that I had been converted. I was pretty annoyed because I wanted to take Shadows down. I wrote Alice a drunken PM that I had been converted and she should try to get rid of me and Shadows, but at the last second decided not to send it as i considered it ruining the game and the rules Tiny Pies had put in place. Eventually I had fun with it.

Hinckley, I've got to say, congrats to you as well. Shadows is incredible, but I always can at least suspect. him. You were the character I LEAST suspected, out of everyone.

Thank you very much! and thanks to everyone who said something similar. It's a lot easier to fly under the radar when Shadows is spinning a lie that everyone is buying. We've seen how I act when backed into a corner (Roman Mafia) but when the focus is on Shadows it's so much easier to just glide under that radar... :grin:

I got a message from Stash today. I'm afraid to listen to it. :cry_sad:

I wrote Alice a drunken PM that I had been converted and she should try to get rid of me and Shadows, but at the last second decided not to send it as i considered it ruining the game and the rules Tiny Pies had put in place.

:tongue:

I wonder how the game would've played out had you sent it.

We've seen how I act when backed into a corner (Roman Mafia)

Ah yes, that was fun...

:grin: And that is because he's the shiesteriest of the shiesters! I can't believe anyone fell for his story.

I didn't want to believe his story, but his words are too twisted until I am almost inclined to believe in him, and eventually I choose to believe Sandy instead.. Grr...

At certain point in time, I even gotten myself into awkard positions when Sandy and I were discussing about Shadows and all of our tactics and thoughts in the game, thinking the possibilities of naive/paranoid investigator. I choose to believe Sandy eventually because whatever she provided to me about myself is completely true.

The whole FBI story almost got me dead, well I am dead anyway in this game, and Sandy thought I was actually converted by Shadows when I was a little bit defensive against him... :hmpf_bad:

Thank you very much! and thanks to everyone who said something similar. It's a lot easier to fly under the radar when Shadows is spinning a lie that everyone is buying. We've seen how I act when backed into a corner (Roman Mafia) but when the focus is on Shadows it's so much easier to just glide under that radar... :grin:

I think being a loyalist or a scum, it's always easier to glide under that radar. To be specific, Shadow's radar. :laugh:

I got a message from Stash today. I'm afraid to listen to it. :cry_sad:

Tell me about it! :tongue:

I couldn't even read it after a while. I skipped almost every post he made in this game. :hmpf:

Me too! :laugh:

Seriously, at one point I figured I was done for and started just amping it up more and more until it was so over the top that I couldn't reread the crap I was spewing. Then, like a miracle, things started fitting together and I regained my fragile hold on sanity and started manipulating. :wink:

We've seen how I act when backed into a corner (Roman Mafia)

That was my plan! If they had ever reached 1 vote short of conviction, I was going to vote for myself and start stabbing people and oinking! :wacko:

That was my plan! If they had ever reached 1 vote short of conviction, I was going to vote for myself and start stabbing people and oinking! :wacko:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good plan!

Hinckley, I can't believe I have you as a rolemodel... :tongue:

I think Stash is mad at you for killing him... :laugh: You better respond... Or he will use his unique SW Galaxy Regulator powers to fry your brain.

Clues, comments and tongue-lashings still to come. :laugh:

As usual, still waiting for TinyPies... :tongue:

Whew, what a game. I had tons of fun in my first mafia game, so thanks TinyPies for hosting it :sweet: (even though I "hate" you for putting me in that position) :tongue: .

One question for everyone: why does anyone ever listen to Shadows? *huh* Honestly, I was suspicious of him from the first PM he sent me in this game. I shouldn't have called him out on it though, because I think that's why he converted me. I was honestly disappointed at first, but I got used to the idea and really wanted to win. I was on the phone with Stash the day or so after I was converted and I really had to play stupid. He really wanted to figure this game out and it was probably the hardest I had to play the whole time... :blush: Anyway, Shadows is a shiester. Nobody should ever listen to him!
:grin: And that is because he's the shiesteriest of the shiesters! I can't believe anyone fell for his story. I couldn't even read it after a while. I skipped almost every post he made in this game. :hmpf: I had a feeling this is why I was converted: I was calling Shadows a liar by PM and calling out Sal in the thread. I guess I should've played my cards closer, huh? :blush: I was drunk when I read the PM that I had been converted. I was pretty annoyed because I wanted to take Shadows down. I wrote Alice a drunken PM that I had been converted and she should try to get rid of me and Shadows, but at the last second decided not to send it as i considered it ruining the game and the rules Tiny Pies had put in place. Eventually I had fun with it.

To answer your question about converting, Hinckley, it was actually my idea to turn you. Shadows wanted to kill you, but I convinced him (or maybe it was something else...) to do that. :wink:

Haha, the night actions look so random, but when you look into them, you see that the Scum only did half the work, while Townies both killed their own and protected Scum! :laugh:

This is so insane! :wacko:

That's the beauty of mafia games- the fun insanity and the twist that you never know what could happen next. :sweet:

Ok, random thoughts here.

2. I hate you, TinyP. :tongue: I can buy being scum randomly, but you made me Rotrigous AGAIN, and don't tell me you didn't. I killed you as him in MC1 and you dealt me the same role and I had to kill JimButcher here. At least he won this time. :grin:

Yeah, I hate you too. :tongue: I never expected one of my own teammates to turn on me, although I should have read MC1 and taken a hint from my character description (saying that you were the second-in-command). I almost got out of it too, if it weren't for that meddling SW Regulator. :tongue:

3. The Rotrigous Gambit is NOT the meat shield. The Rotrigous Gambit is saying, "if he isn't scum, kill me tomorrow!" The meat shield is just a fortunate byproduct of it. :wink: (and no, it didn't make me the mob boss after that, it just meant we had no boss and the killer could act on his own)

So... it wasn't what you told me?

Bottom line, it was a lot of fun and equally annoying at the same time. I hate playing scum, believe it or not.

I, on the other hand, loved it. I was so glad to be given a scum role for my first game.

A few of my own thoughts-

WhiteFang: You are without a doubt an excellent player. You seemed to know everyone's alliances, and I was cheering for you ever since I died. I was really hoping people would actually listen to your accusations against IS.

Zapper Brick, Millacol, Sandy, and any others who supported me: Thanks, guys. :laugh: I had no idea why Zapper was supporting me, I didn't even PM him. What was also wierd was that both Milacoll and Sandy came to me, instead of me sending PMs out to everyone. I was unaware that I was being voted off after logging on after coming back from a vacation or something, when I got a message from Sandy. She believed me to be loyal, even though she didn't investigate me (results would have been that I was loyal), and helped me defend against Shadows. Sandy, I'm thinking that you trusted me over him. :laugh:

And Milacoll actually sent PMs to everyone he thought to be loyal after asking me my alliance (of course I told him loyal...). I am grateful you believed me, though. :wink:

One thing on Legios' role- As scum, we all reported to Shadows because he was the only one in our group that could use the CC function, to distribute each of our PMs to everyone else. I never learned that Legios had the power to block, so I'm wondering if he told Shadows and Shadows kept it from the rest of us (or at least me). Is this considered cheating, because we were relying on IS to share everything between our group, or is it okay since we should have sent individual PMs to everyone in the group, and not rely on IS? I'm not accusing SHadows of anything, just curious. :classic:

Shadows: You were a great leader, especially since you were leading all first-timers (during the first few days). Too bad you had to kill me. :laugh:

And finally, thanks to all of the players who made this game enjoyable (that means everyone :laugh: ).

One thing on Legios' role- As scum, we all reported to Shadows because he was the only one in our group that could use the CC function, to distribute each of our PMs to everyone else. I never learned that Legios had the power to block, so I'm wondering if he told Shadows and Shadows kept it from the rest of us (or at least me). Is this considered cheating, because we were relying on IS to share everything between our group, or is it okay since we should have sent individual PMs to everyone in the group, and not rely on IS? I'm not accusing SHadows of anything, just curious. :classic:

When I got my pm for my role it said who was scum and what their roles were. And I thought shadows sent everything to you?! :wacko:

To answer your question about converting, Hinckley, it was actually my idea to turn you. Shadows wanted to kill you, but I convinced him (or maybe it was something else...) to do that. :wink:

I wasn't initially sure I could turn him. The whole "seperate investigator to determine if you can convert" situation is difficult when they are killed before investigating anyone. You didn't actually convince me, Hinck did when he started going after Striker, who we clearly needed to survive long enough to kill off the town in the night, though I do remember you suggesting him early on.

One thing on Legios' role- As scum, we all reported to Shadows because he was the only one in our group that could use the CC function, to distribute each of our PMs to everyone else.

Or maybe because I seized power on day 1 and everyone came to expect it. :wink:

I never learned that Legios had the power to block, so I'm wondering if he told Shadows and Shadows kept it from the rest of us (or at least me).

I don't really see how that is possible, given that I would send out the recommended nightly actions and those included who he should block. I know we didn't keep it from you intentionally, even if somehow it didn't get through, there would have been no point.

Shadows: You were a great leader, especially since you were leading all first-timers (during the first few days). Too bad you had to kill me. :laugh:

Yeah, I didn't really want to. Whenever a game promotes the killing of one of your own, I feel like there should be one extra scum to make up for it. Add that we could only convert twice, and even that had a built in failure possibility, and the scum were actually fairly weak in this game. We just got really lucky in a few key ways and it all worked out. Well, for most of us. :grin:

I wasn't initially sure I could turn him. The whole "seperate investigator to determine if you can convert" situation is difficult when they are killed before investigating anyone. You didn't actually convince me, Hinck did when he started going after Striker, who we clearly needed to survive long enough to kill off the town in the night, though I do remember you suggesting him early on.

Honestly, poison toast!!! :hmpf: Come on people... :tongue:

Honestly, poison toast!!! :hmpf: Come on people... :tongue:

I actually smacked my head when I read that. :hmpf:

In every game, someone freaks out early on making themselves the perfect target. That person has historically been loyal. This would have been the first time a scum was taken out for it. I still don't know how he survived. :laugh:

I actually smacked my head when I read that. :hmpf:

In every game, someone freaks out early on making themselves the perfect target. That person has historically been loyal. This would have been the first time a scum was taken out for it. I still don't know how he survived. :laugh:

Well, somehow the person who picked up on his guilt stopped pointing out how transparent he was... :hmpf:

Sign in to follow this