Esben Kolind

TTCE: London Overground

ENTERED

Hi,

My TTCE entry in category one: The new London Overground train from Bombardier

London Overground website

Reference picture 1

Reference picture 2

The 8 studs wide train has three cars (110 studs long) and three electric front lights.

Notice the use of micro-striping on the front and orange doors, cheese cake pieces as front lights and the slight inwards slope of the lower (blue) part of the sides.

More images of the front and side in the Brickshelf folder (after moderation)

all1.jpg

Regards,

Esben

My Brickshelf folder

It's been a while since I have used the tube in london, but this looks really cool. I do like the snot techniques you used. It is a really nice entry and something for me to remember to put on my wishlist to build :)

:thumbup:

Wow! That is one of the most realistic, detailed, clever and coolest train MOCs I have ever seen! The colours work well together, the application of SNOT is amazing. The smooth curves are outstanding, and the proportions are perfect. The lights are a great addition. I also like how you have added to the bogies to make them 8-wide. I could go on forever about this, it's a very good MOC. Good luck in the contest, and brilliantly done! :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing. :classic:

I admire your building skills. This train looks very to the real one. You've used indeed very interesting snotbuilding and other technics. You've also a layout where this train can run? Keep up the good building :thumbup: .

And welcome to eurobricks.

Edited by Panda9001100

It's been a while since I have used the tube in london, but this looks really cool. I do like the snot techniques you used. It is a really nice entry and something for me to remember to put on my wishlist to build :)

:thumbup:

He did say in the title - This is an OVERground train. The tube is the UNDERground.... :tongue:

New transport branding in London means that convential railway is now called Overground. The tube (or Subway) is the Underground.

This is the kind of train he was aiming for with this model:

lo-train-livery-2.jpg

I think that it looks great. Like all the techniques used and gives a very modern and smooth look. One question: How strudy is the front light arrangement? Looks a bit fragile...?

Cheers

Rog

He did say in the title - This is an OVERground train. The tube is the UNDERground.... :tongue:

New transport branding in London means that convential railway is now called Overground. The tube (or Subway) is the Underground.

This is the kind of train he was aiming for with this model:

I think it is to long ago that I have been in London ..... however, the picture you have posted look a lot like it is under the ground ..... I thought some of the trains use track above and under the ground ..... :sceptic:

But I am a bit offtopic

That is a perfectly proportioned beautiful train. I like almost everything about it, from the front headlights to the doors. The only thing I don't really like is the windshield wipers. They look to big and bulky, but then again it is Lego.

I've never been to London but this looks very good for a train not made from a set.

Great work Esben! I love the intricate SNOT work and the color scheme is just super-duper! :wub: As others have asked, have you run this train at all? How fragile is it?

Oh...and this MOC has be BLOGGED on Classic-Town. :tongue:

Again, great work!

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Well you haven't wasted the extra studs. 8-wide allows for extra detail and you have done a very fine job.

I thought I had already praised this one but I guess not. :sceptic: This really is a great model. The colors and overall shape are spot on and I really like the front too. The lights and orange line are a great detail!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Looks really good. I like the bogies, do you have better pictures of them?

Might be serious competition for my tram ;-)

I love the very clean lines you've acheived with this. It has a very nice colour scheme too which is well captured in your Moc.

Might be serious competition for my tram ;-)

I realised very early that I don't have the building skill yet to be competitive. :cry_sad: I decided that I'd do my best and approach it like the Olympics where taking part is supposed to be as important as winning. My building has improved, I now know I need to work on my photography, and I've learned a lot from looking at all the entries. Everybody wins. :grin:

Woah. Those weirdly angled pieces at the front are amazing! You people are really going to make it hard during voting :wacko::thumbup: