Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Now taking YOUR ideas for NEW PARTS - LAST DAYS!

I like the ideas of Wigs, Smaller cannons, and globes. :thumbup:

How about a swivel gun?

(That swivels!)

250px-Swivel_gun.jpg

I like the swivel gun in Phred's post more than the mortar cannon. The swivel gun could be a smaller version of the current cannon that can either be mounted on a swivel-like device like the one pictured or a smaller version of the carriage. My reasoning is this: for playability purposes, it's easier to aim and shoot a cannon on a swivel than a mortar, where the arc is much steeper and would very rarely hit the intended target. Also a swivel cannon could be mounted on the side of a ship, maybe where the rifles on the Brickbeard's Bounty go. Ships would be able to shoot at each other without having to awkwardly angle the gun ports.

As everyone else has mentioned, powdered wigs are essential. Both a male and a female version if possible, but definitely male. Civilians need a much greater presence in the new pirate range, and having their own hairpiece(s) and clothes would help establish them as a faction. The wigs could be worn by the faction 'leaders'.

Silver coins. It's hard to make a case for them, except that they would give a greater diversity to the treasures, but since pirates are all about stealing other people's treasure, it makes sense to give some focus to the treasures themselves. A small merchant ship, for example, would seem strange with a gold chest full of gold treasure, but a brown chest full of silver treasure would be appropriate. Save the gold for the larger ships.

Along similar lines, a smaller treasure chest that one person could reasonably carry on their own. It need only be large enough to carry one or two coins, and could open on a hinge similar to the book and suitcase pieces. I picture it as having the same dome shape as the current treasure chest, maybe with handles sculpted in such a way that it can be held between both hands. I'm just brainstorming here. It could have ornate carving as well, because ornate carving would be awesome.

A more 'piratey' treasure map, a metallic brass spyglass, a metallic grey hook and another design of parrot. The current versions/colours of all of these are nice, but not very authentically piratical.

When I say 'metallic brass', I don't think that's a colour that's been used before... but it should be. There's so much potential for it, not just in the Pirates range but in a lot of ranges. Also, the stand for the globe that everyone mentions could be metallic brass.

Also, the re-introduction of the sextant, in metallic grey or brass; red bandannas; brown tricorns; dark-skinned pirates; in short, more variety of existing pieces.

Edited by David Thomsen

Could we have:

A original looking Musket:

BrownBess.jpg

Mabye a better looking Foot Artillery (Thinner, smaller cannon):

BritishRoyalHorseArtillery.jpg

The normal cannons look really out of place on a carraige. Especially since they have a red support which isn't needed on artillery.

New Plumes:

004.jpg

As in michaelozzie created. But in plastic to fit on Bicornes.

Windows exactly like this:

stern_windows_hms_victory.jpg

Because we need windows with at least 2 supports in the glass rather than the original. It looks more realistic.

Bayonets as previously said.

How about some more "Chrome Gold" looking treasure. Not the gold lego uses now. Its not Gold enough.

How about some Golden Nuggets?:

4292.jpg

Because it would make a good variety of treasure. It would stop people resulting to buying Playmobil just to get some shiny treasure.

How about Metallic Silver Conquistador helmets? (Amazingly, I thought this up before I saw this on Brickshelf, Someone made a Metallic Silver Spaniard helmet and my sig-figs face on!):

_dsc4704_copy.jpg

You could use the Metallic Silver armour (Knight armour) with it and make a Spanish!

All the equipment here would help:

4293.jpg

A big map, Hand-Held compass, a new backstaff, a smaller book and a Bottle of Rum!

Ill add more as they come to me. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Joey Lock

A new container as a pot/small barrel/keg/basket.

The same width as a 2x2 barrel, except shorter, with a more flared top, but still with the technic axle hole in the bottom and the ability to put a 2x2 round plate/tile on as a lid (instead of going over the lip, the plate fits inside the lip). More colours - dark tan, tan e.t.c. The pattern on the side could be similar to the current barrel, but so that when in tan it looks like a wicker basket, but when in brown it looks like wood - a kind of cross-hatch.

Like a small one of these -

4424.gif

For a globe, I would like to see it similar to Sandy's helmet - the two halves in blue, with appropriate green and white printing, which can slot together and be attached to a globe base (e.g. a 2x2 dish with 2 1x1 round studs on it to hold the helmet halves onto the base).

bob012.jpg

Wigs-They would be great to use on governors, admirals, and other wealthy towns folk.

New beards-I would love to see some beards like the dwarf's beards that don't go all the way around the head. Or simply add more colors to the classic beard like black and brown.

Small swivel cannons-These would be great to put on small ships and on the rails of large ships.

Larger hull pieces-These would be great for those people building large ships.

Long shiny swords-They would be perfect for high ranking officers.

More types of guns- A longer pistol and a musket would be spectacular and would add a greater variety of weaponry.

Silver and gold coins-The pirates need treasure!

A globe-The captains need more navagational tools.

A dirk, for the pirates. The current knife just doesn't look piratey enough, we need something longer.

Scottish_Dirk_88SD.jpg

A cocked hat, for the soldiers. Such a piece would enable them to much more accurate, and provide more variety in headwear choices for people from this period.

HatCockedB_MORR3884.jpg

As said befor:

Mortars

12lb Napoleons

Bayonet

Globes

Some different boxes would be nice. Like a limber ammo box, which could use the treasure chest bottom with a flat top.

Bulk sail material, which could be used for sails, wagon covers, tents. In striped and over variations.

Hand Saws

Crosscut_saw.JPG

Two handed saws

180px-Two_man_saw.JPG

More later

Edited by radar92

Small-scale treasure chest.

post-5510-1251592634.gif

I haven't got the proportions quite right, so it looks like the bottom would be flat, but it should have a standard 2x2 lego base. Minifigs need to be able to hold it. The hole in the centre is a little touch I thought of. Jewels could be inset in the middle, making them look more valuable, like an engagement ring in a jewellery box rather than just loose.

p.s. I know I should have just added this picture to my original post, but I went to quite a bit of trouble to draw it... I wanted to make sure it got seen.

Edited by David Thomsen

I'll just make a list:

1. Dust off the old skeleton molds, people! The poseable arms are fine for undead skeletons, but those guys can only find work in the Fantasy Era line which, I'm pretty sure,

is almost over.

2. A greater variety of weapons, weapon accessories. I'm talkin' daggers, boarding axes, bayonets, rapiers, and sabers.

3. Big, 3-D island-shaped baseplates. (Look to the Rock Island Refuge for reference.)

4. Old-style put-it-together-yourself palm trees.

5. Printed wall pieces

6. Bring back the rigging! And I mean really, really, hit us hard with it. I miss the rope ladders and string rigging of yore. Also, try to use the bridge piece more.

That's all I can think of for now. Now hoist the sails, ye dogs! The Captain has spoken!

Maybe not Pirate specific, but for "basic" parts I've wanted:

Inverted cheese! Always annoying to try to make symmetrical things, when cheese can only go on top of parts, and not underneath. IMHO, every slope piece should have a matching inverted slope. The things I could make with inverted cheese slopes...

I'll second the request for 1x3 tiles---how else can you bridge a 1-stud gap with tiles?

Macaroni plate. I've wanted this for years---is there a technical reason it can't be made? Macaroni bricks have poor grip--would a plate have almost no grip?

3x3 plate. Just last night I found myself needing it.

New parts for making railing! Both pirate and train people need something besides those robot arms to make vertical stanchions Basically something like a lightsaber with a clip on the end...

Edited by steele

I'll second the request for 1x3 tiles---how else can you bridge a 1-stud gap with tiles?

3x3 plate. Just last night I found myself needing it.

32X32 blue base plates for water

I concur. The above three would be very nice.

SNOT water is too expensive.

I dont know if this post is still relevant but...

1 A variety of hats, the pirates of the caribbean films show that there a great number of Pirate hats that LEGO still haven't caught onto, they could release a tricorn hat with a white rim on it. In the LEGO pirate boardgame the artwork even included a horn peaked cap...

2 Captain's weapons, i dont think they should go gun crazy like they did with star wars or indiana jones but 1 more expensive looking cutlass or 1 more elaborate captains pistol maybe?

3 Smaller Cannons, as great as the current cannons are they are as wide and long as a man and could be smaller.

4 More Sails, They could release a set with a variety of saisl in so we (and the kids) can customise our ships.

5 Powdered wigs, Maybe two different designs - a long one for a governor and a short one for officers

6 More torsos, I personally prefer the old imperail torsos but would like to see more than just two ranks. Maybe another inbetween?

7 Compass, A hand held compass would be nice even if is just a 1x1 tile with a compass printed on it. I know there is already a working lego compass but its too bulky!

thoughts?

Edited by legolooney

Wow, it is so exciting to think the dreams could become reality! :pir-cry_happy:

Everything listed above would be realy useful!!

My feelings :

1. Powdered wigs would be verry pleasing. They could be useful for civilians, or Officier.

Like this : moty.jpg

2. New torsos, for pirates and Soldiers.

3. Smaller Cannons : some new firing cannons would be absolutely perfect! It would fit every ship, every island or a large number of kits. (By the way, if the small cannon is smaller than the existing ones, it could be nice once fitted on a field carriage, such as the Napoleon type)

weapons_swivel_gun.jpg

Well, 3 hopes are enough for me... :pir-laugh:

Edited by Mig Wanzer

I'm almost sure that i have at least one silver coin left somewhere, that may or may not have been from castle(1990-1993) Better get through my stash, and see if i can post some pic. of it...

As much as a small cannon would be extremely usefull in the pirates theme, i don't think it could cross over into other themes, and unless you want a small gun, that is able to fire, you can easily moc one with few bricks.

I would say, as previsiously stated, that we need schienic-painted wall-pieces, especialy the ones with timber framing, as seen on the old black nights castle from the beginning of the 90's. This would be usefull, both for castle, town and pirate.

Bring back "ye olde compass" from the 90's pirate ships, oh please!

I also vote strongly for painted tricorners, and maybe more colours than brown and black (did they release reddish-brown in the new sets?!)

These would only go for pirates theme, but i don't think it'd be harder to pull off tgan the shakos(shacos?!)

It would also be very easy to remold some of the hat ornaments/feathers from castle. Also quite usefull for diversity.

As said before, and as allways a reappearing problem in lego, there are never enough female figs.

And i think it too would be nice with more beards in different models and colours...

I dont know if this post is still relevant but...

It's still very relevant and all suggestions will be summarized and delivered to LEGO.

Plates with studs on both sides! :pir-wub:

Example:

dsc00172.jpg

(Sorry for the bad quality, didn´t spend too much time on the sketch.)

I´ve been wanting this piece for years. It would make SNOT so much easier, especially on small MOCs where you have very limited space. TLG should´ve maked this piece a long time ago.

Inverted cheese! Always annoying to try to make symmetrical things, when cheese can only go on top of parts, and not underneath. IMHO, every slope piece should have a matching inverted slope. The things I could make with inverted cheese slopes...

Seconded! :pir-wub: We really need an inverted 1 x 1 cheese slope! So much more useful than the 1 x 2 cheese slope which TLG actually made... :pir-sad2:

Edited by Dennimator

I think this particular thread is for Pirate themed parts, not generic parts, although I do think inverted cheese slopes would be a great idea. I also think the Lego company wasn't soliciting ideas, this is Bonapare's initiative, so there's only a very remote possibility that any of these ideas will ever be implemented.

Because I enjoy thinking about this thing, here is my latest idea. A bomb! A round, black bomb, unlike the anachronistic dynamite featured in the soldier's fort. It will look a bit like this:

3062b.gif

Except that it will be spherical instead of cylindrical. And if you put a flame in a hole in the stud on the top:

64647.jpg

It will look like a fuse burning down! Also, a round piece like that could have many other uses.

Because I enjoy thinking about this thing, here is my latest idea. A bomb! A round, black bomb, unlike the anachronistic dynamite featured in the soldier's fort. It will look a bit like this:

Except that it will be spherical instead of cylindrical. And if you put a flame in a hole in the stud on the top:

It will look like a fuse burning down! Also, a round piece like that could have many other uses.

Technic ball joint? :pir-blush:

I think Dano came up with this originally, using the small flame piece, but the original photo has been deleted now, I think.

The small flame fits better, and the minifig's hand can be upright too.

portroyal11.jpg

Can we get a hull front that is more pointed and less rounded? This would be nice for making some medium sized brigs, etc...

Also, can SAH release 75 degree inverted corners? Also make 75 degree regular corners available in all colors on SAH? This would allow the building of 75 degree walled forts in any direction.

-martinsuper

New Guns ... maybe I will give it a trial to bridge the time for convincing TLG to do some ...

bildschirmfoto-gun-1000.k3d_-_k-3d.png

Woody64

Edited by woody64

Animals more of them- Seagull (flying bird?) and mule/donkey - also goat and sheep would be great addition- and bring back old elephants haven't seen them in many years- new 2010 camels and pigs are welcome but those others are needed and more weapons then Rapier, better flintlock (less trumpet like) and Blunderbuss, also better musket (less trumpet like that too) then new hats like widebrimmed hat (little bit like Johnny Thunder's) also more tricornes with more different colour variations :pir-classic:

Technic ball joint? :pir-blush:

The endless ingenuity of the Lego community astound me. I was thinking how technic ball joints were almost right, but couldn't think of a way to hold it and have a flame sticking out of it.

No... I was thinking something more like this:

post-5510-1261464613.gif

Excuse me if my graphics aren't as good as Woody64's.

Also, a seagull would be fantastic. You're much more likely to find a seagull on a ship or at a port than a parrot or a monkey.

Edited by David Thomsen