The new buggy looks great ! It is different from the previous one. :classic:

The helicopter is very simple.

LINK

Helicopter is :thumbdown::sceptic: ....Worst technic set ever...

Edited by Ondra

LINK

What the...is this?

LINK

Buggy loks good. The helocopter like oyu said, looks a bit to simple. But i'll wait for some better pics till i make the final judgment.

I like the Excavator but the Buggy and Chopper don't look very inspiring. I hope the Forest Tractor is much more interesting..

Edited by tomacwhite

I like the Excavator but the Buggy and Chopper don't look very inspiring. I hope the Forest Tractor is much more interesting..

Small models are almost never inspiring, but they can still be a good introduction to the Technic building system for those who are not yet familiar with it. The helicopter does indeed look pretty bland but, like 8277, it is a big model (and hollow) for what it probably costs and for its part count.

Small models are almost never inspiring, but they can still be a good introduction to the Technic building system for those who are not yet familiar with it. The helicopter does indeed look pretty bland but, like 8277, it is a big model (and hollow) for what it probably costs and for its part count.

That's what I was thinking about the helicopter. It's got a tiny amount of parts and should be very cheap as it is only the second smallest set of the year so for me, the chopper is pretty much as expected. I won't buy it, but then I don't need to, I already know what technic is :tongue: Should be good as a little introduction to the kiddies tho.

The legoland Czech website have somehow updated the information about 2010 sets. The forest tractor have pneumatics!

8049 tractor with a flatbed on logs - Pneumatic function returns!

First model 2010, which can boast of this great technology with a flatbed tractor is the timber, which has articulated crane arm with a mechanical forceps powered pneumatic pistons! It can harness the flatbed and controlled management of the cab - this tractor is a must-have!

Source: http://translate.google.ca/translate?prev=...history_state0=

So far this source of leaked news is the only one that they did not take down yet :sceptic:

Sounds great. I was half expecting to see pneumatics return to Technic sooner or later, given what we've seen Lego Education offering recently.

From the description it looks like it will have functionality similar to 8443, but possibly with a working dump bed as well. I hope it's not just a variant of 8063 though.

Slightly better picture of the Excavator. http://www.legoland.cz/images/lego/technic_2010.jpg

This is a much better picture! It confirms that the set uses the old trad links rather than the rubber tread like 8419. It looks about the same size as 8419, so I wouldn't necessarily call it "mini". Rather, I would say the actual SUBJECT is a mini excavator. It is obviously a model of a small excavator that you could fit on the back of a truck with zero tail swing like the Kubota U17. Like 8419, the movement of the bucket is linked to the movement of the dipper; they are not independent. I see a turntable, but it does not look driven. I'm glad to see the links they are using for the bucket again! They are unusual. Also looks like there is a "blade" on the front of the carrier.

8419isosmall.jpg

img_u17_main.jpg

Edited by Svelte
Image marked Confidential removed - please do not post!

I am so excited to see the Forest Tractor, and the more I think about it, the more I hope it wont be a simple rehash of the 8063 Tractor. That model is in the latest catalogue which popped through my door last week, so surely Lego wouldn't just rehash so quickly?

So, its got a crane arm with grabbers on the end, so we should get perhaps TWO large pneumatics and ONE small one? By saying it can "harness the flatbed", do you think that means it can simply reach out across the bed to lay logs? And that the pneumatic pump and valves are on the back of the cab?

Regarding the Buggy, it looks like it has a V4 engine.

Take a look at this shot, and if you look very closely at the back of the Buggy, you can make out the two yellow pistons, which are surely matched on the other side.

3937793438_02b9151b60_o.jpg

I zoomed in lots on the photo by the way :)

Forest Tractor images!!!

http://www.technicbricks.blogspot.com/

I wont post links because Lego have very kindly allowed Technicbricks to show the images, so out of respect I haven't hotlinked the images.

Looks ace!! :) And, its a different tractor to the 2009 rehash :)

- Two pneumatic pistons for the crane arm

- A blue airtank under the trailer? Looks like one possibly but is most likely the piping

- Manual worm gear operation for the grabber

- Pneumatic pump looks like its underneath the trailer (from the box image you can see an arrow pointing inwards to the back of the trailer - interesting idea)

- Looks like it rotates too, wonder if that will be geared?

- Possible pistons under the engine? Can't really see.

I like the look of it anyway :) Maybe this means we'll get a monster of a pnematics flagship in the 2H2010 :)

I actually think I am more impressed that Lego have actually released this imagery officially, you don't get many major companies doing this, they usually just say "We don't comment on rumor and speculation". Respect to TLG for that.

Edited by tomacwhite

Thanks for these very interesting news. Im very happy for returning of the pneumatic system. As an adult I started collecting Lego last year. I didnt have a set with pneumatics. I hope that in the second half of 2009 we will get a flagship with the combination of pneumatic and PF system. Something like the Air tech claw rig would be cool. :classic:

I'm pleased to see that "The pneumatics strikes back" because, in LEGO terms, I considerer myself as belonging to what I call "the Power Functions generation", and so, I never had a chance to play with pneumatics.

Since I don't intend to invest on second hand sets, or extra expensive new old ones, I would fail the pneumatics experience.

Well... seems that I will get my chance to play with pumping air things, with the 8049 (Tractor with Log Loader). :thumbup:

Regards

Edited by Mortymore

Very cool!!!! :grin: The tractor isn't exactly what i was expecting, but it does look good! So no real disappointment there. Goes very well with the farm equipment we've been getting for the last few years. so thats a plus all by itself! :thumbup:

The main highlight of course is the trailer as it seems to carry all the functions. I can't be sure, but at this time appears that the tractor only has steering. Though its possible there a couple of pistons under the hood. it would be nice if the front axle had a "Bogey" type suspension like the last tractor with trailer.

Now for the trailer. Lots going on here We have a minimum of 3 pneumatic pumps. Two for the crane arm, and at least one to possibly tilt the rear log bed. The blue under the bed seem to be hose and not an air tank. But we'll have to wait. I also hope to see some kind of suspention in the trailer as well.

Don't think that the logbed will have any tilting possibilty's. But the model looks fine to me.

This is the first 1h2010model i really like!

We got to start saving on brown round 2x2 bricks. 3941.png Don't think that only one log will add to the playability of the model!!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

We got to start saving on brown round 2x2 bricks. 3941.png Don't think that only one log will add to the playability of the model!!

LOL

Very well reminded. Lets start the race to Bricklink, shell we? :tongue:

Regards

PS: On LEGO PAB, they don't have them available. :angry:

Edited by Mortymore

It's good to have some official pictures of that set. I'm a little surprised to see the standard yellow pneumatics, as I was thinking they would use the trans-light blue ones that Lego Education has been selling. The claw arm looks pretty simple and rickety, but I think real forest tractors are like that. I like how it actually includes a log to pick up. I remember 8446 was picking up something on its box art, but the actual set didn't include anything.

I'm personally more interested in what they will bring out later in the year, now that pneumatics are back. We should be seeing bigger models with them.

Lots going on here We have a minimum of 3 pneumatic pumps. Two for the crane arm, and at least one to possibly tilt the rear log bed.

I don't think the log bed moves. Given the size of the set, it would be unusual for them to include 3 pneumatic pistons.

I am not too impressed with the 1st half models. I am sure that I'll pick them up, but I am hoping for a strong 2nd half 2010 summer line.

Do you think we could get something like 8862 or is it too soon after 8455? The Back Hoe 8862 is one of my favourite models ever, would be amazing to seen another. I have never seen 8455, but it doesn't look as big? Something similar in size to this years Front/Wheel Loader but with the Backhoe would be simply.. Amazing. Oh, and motorize the pumps :)

Do you think we could get something like 8862 or is it too soon after 8455? The Back Hoe 8862 is one of my favourite models ever, would be amazing to seen another. I have never seen 8455, but it doesn't look as big? Something similar in size to this years Front/Wheel Loader but with the Backhoe would be simply.. Amazing. Oh, and motorize the pumps :)

Yeah, 8455 is quite a bit smaller, but despite that it has actually more and better functionality.

Another backhoe model would be awesome but I think it would be quite expensive if it includes the same amount of pneumatics or LAs, much more than 8455 was at its time. TLG had seemingly cut their profit margins across the board back then to increase their sales, which was why 8455 was only $100.

Don't think that the logbed will have any tilting possibilty's. But the model looks fine to me.
I don't think the log bed moves. Given the size of the set, it would be unusual for them to include 3 pneumatic pistons.

Well it looks like there are three pnuematic pistons, and one is under the bed. (at least it look slike a piston). So if it is, what other function could it do? Turn the turntable perhaps?

Well it looks like there are three pnuematic pistons, and one is under the bed. (at least it look slike a piston). So if it is, what other function could it do? Turn the turntable perhaps?

That is to pump the system.

If you look on the box art you can see the arrow pointing inwards, showing that that is where you pump.

I've been looking closely at the Tractor, and it looks like the trailer has a crank or lever for something. If you look under the turntable you can see the pneumatic levers, and under those you can see a small lever or crank. It looks like it can't be turned through a full circle as it would knock into the pneumatic levers, so perhaps its a 180 degree movement for locking the trailer onto the tractor?