Sign in to follow this  
Hound Knight

The Battle of New Orleans

Very nice, but if you don't mind my asking, why is there and alligator instead of a cannon? :pir_laugh2:

you should read the text. :pir-tongue:

We fired our cannon 'til the barrel melted down.

So we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round.

We filled his head with cannon balls, and powdered his behind

And when we touched the powder off, the gator lost his mind.

A really nice MOC.

I like your custom Davey Crokett hat. :thumbup:

Is yours free?... Thats what I thought you crawfish sucking swampy :pir_laugh2:

You pay for it with your tax money, but lets don't start a political debate, eh? :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Hound Knight

Nice MOC! The terrain looks really nice on that one, but didn't the americans dig a trench-and-palisade defence, along with the Mississippi? Oh well, I'm being picky. Good MOC!

Edit: PS: The officer getting shot in the right-center isn't me, is it?

no_004.jpg

(The guy who's about to get trampled)

Edited by Admiral M

That's a nicely set up battle scene. Looks simple, but posing all the minifigs must take quite some time.

Very nice MOC. The War of 1812 is so often overlooked in history.

Oh, and Emperor Claudius Rome, I think you mean America's correct claim to victory. You are just sour that we beat you two wars in a row and then had to bail you out in two more wars.

Whoa whoa whoa. Did you say what I think you said? What I'm hearing is that you think you won the War of 1812. The Brits (and Canadian colonists) won fair and square. You ever heard of the Plains of Abraham? Yeah, well, we thoroughly kicked your butts in fifteen minutes flat. Not only that but the residents of Quebec successfully fended off two attacks by the American Army. And we burned down your White House. And we joined WWII two years before you did. And our life expectancy tops yours by something in the neighbourhood of eighteen months. Yes, that's right. Neighbourhood. With a "u".

Edited by Capt. Redblade

Oh megabloks, don't let this turn into a redcoat versus bluecoat discussion again, only now on a different continent...

Great MOC! Your customs are always so fantastic to look at. Your our Classic-Pirate Lego eye candy creator! Thanks for the cameo. I sure make a tasty target sitting on my trusty mount :pir_laugh2:

One of these days Zorro is going to have to arrange for a guest lecturer on the war of 1812. I am an American and I always thought the Brits one that one...though it would probably be better classified as a raid than a war.

You ever heard of the Plains of Abraham? Yeah, well, we thoroughly kicked your butts in fifteen minutes flat.

Umm, the plains of Abraham was a Battle Between the British army and the New France army that decided the fait of Canada.

If it was not for the USA you would be speaking German right now, and correcting german spelling errors.

Er. I dont think so. Just because someone takes over a country, doesn't mean they have to speak the language. Because if we retreated back to England we could defend it, just like we did in the Battle of Britain.

Great moc! I love the historical point of it. As well as the poem to go along with it. Great job!

Who has the better health care? :pir-grin:

Who has better teeth. :pir-grin:

Edited by Admiral Béjaune

Er. I dont think so. Just because someone takes over a country, doesn't mean they have to speak the language. Because if we retreated back to England we could defend it, just like we did in the Battle of Britain.

We had some locals over here (native americans) that we "took over" they speak english now.

The english took over the Irish...oh yeah they peak english now.

Lets see would Hitler have made you speak german??? Yeah I think so.

Back on topic. I love the moc and the time it must have taken to pose the Figs

Let's try to keep this a bit more on-topic guys Okay (not ok-ey)? :pir-classic:

Nice MOC Hound! You gave it a great battle feel with all of the commotion.

We had some locals over here (native americans) that we "took over" they speak english now.

The english took over the Irish...oh yeah they peak english now.

I don't think so. We took over Wales, they speak Welsh, for example their national anthem is called "Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau". And the Irish have their own language, for example "Conas tá tú?" means "How are you?".

We took over India, they have 22 diffrent languages. So, not everyone has to speak the same language.

Anywho, Back on topic. Why does the Crocidile shoot cannonballs? :pir_laugh2:

Was one of the guns called a Crocidile Gun? :pir-sceptic:

Why does the Crocidile shoot cannonballs? :pir_laugh2:

Was one of the guns called a Crocidile Gun? :pir-sceptic:

We fired our cannon 'til the barrel melted down.

So we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round.

We filled his head with cannon balls, and powdered his behind

And when we touched the powder off, the gator lost his mind.

no_006.jpg

Does that explain it?

Does that explain it?

No...Not really.

I was speaking of what did they mean by it in the real battle. Or was it just made for the song?

No...Not really.

I was speaking of what did they mean by it in the real battle. Or was it just made for the song?

Made up for the song. Johnny Horton wrote lots of "funny" songs about things in history (mostly American.)

Sink the Bismark, Comanche the brave horse, Johhny Reb, North to Alaska, The battle of Bull Run, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Horton

Very cute MOC btw! My mother used to sing this song when I was little, I thought she was insane until I got older and realized it was a real song! lol.

Edited by Madame Du Bricky

Not necessarily! Look at occupied France - they spoke French! It only makes sense for them to retain their native tongue. And besides, you forced the native americans to speak English.

Oh, and nice work on the battle!