Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 14B

Oh gosh. What do we do! I think we put mud on the wound! Man, there are others out in the cornfield!

I'd like to grab the sickle and look around for the others, and maybe stab Jethro by accident :oh:

Ack!

Don't put mud on the wound, you clod! You don't know where it's been!

Ack!

I need a bandage. Not tighty-whities - a real bandage!

In walking between the corn field along the dirt-paved trail...

avmcfarlin.jpg

I know a little short-cut through the corn field if any of you City Slickers want to follow. It'll cut an hour off this here walk to the farm.

(begins singing the theme song to the classic favorite television show, Green Acres) "Is the place to be"...

No. No, no, no!!

Ack, too late...

Now what do I do? All I see is corn. I guess I'll just try to find my way back.

Ah, damnit.... I never was any good at those corn mazes at the carnival when I was a kid :hmpf_bad:

*Starts swearing loudly*

*Pants* Okay, now that we're all back together again, we should conduct a full search of everyone. Jeb, it was your stupid idea to get us in here, so you first.

Care to help me strip search him, Schmelt? Schmelt?

Oh my god!!! Schmelt!!!! What happened!? Move, you fools, give him some space! Let me just help you with that bandage...

Alright, Jeb, spill it. you led us into this death trap, and I'm pretty sure you sliced poor Schmelt's back. You were one of the first to find him, so you must have been close by. :angry:

Can we tie him up, too? Like father, like son...

Alright, Jeb, spill it. you led us into this death trap, and I'm pretty sure you sliced poor Schmelt's back. You were one of the first to find him, so you must have been close by. :angry:

avmcfarlin.jpg

Okay Jimbo- now you're just being daft! Now would I lead you through this here shortcut to simply get you from the back? Anywho, I was in front of y'all.

Now that the rain has let up, just look over there. No, not at Schmelt, over yonder!

avjim.jpg

It's the tractor! Let's all climb on.

After bandaging up Schmelt's sliced back, everyone runs over to the shiny blue tractor:

34.jpg

Even Schmelt is smiling again. :classic:

Arin gave me some 'dolls' earlier, I think she was trying to seduce me. Now I'm feeling... wunderbar! (Wait, that's not Belgian.) I mean, magnifique!

Bags not sitting on top of the tractor wheel in case the vibrations shake my liver loose. (What's left of it.)

Jethro jumps in the drivers seat and starts the engine. Fortunately, it starts right up.

avjethro.jpg

Everyone grab on and hold on tight! :devil: - just kidding! :grin:

Wait, why is Jethro driving? I don't think any of us trust him with our lives. Therefore, I'm going to push Jethro over and start driving myself.

You idiots...

Either an extra hour walking or Schmelt gets sliced, and you guys pick the latter? Anyway, we're here now. Let's get going!

Okay Jimbo- now you're just being daft! Now would I lead you through this here shortcut to simply get you from the back? Anywho, I was in front of y'all.

Now that the rain has let up, just look over there. No, not at Schmelt, over yonder!

:hmpf_bad: I'll be keeping two close eyes on you, mister.

Even Schmelt is smiling again. :classic:

That's because I'm standing right behind him.

Since it's your tractor, I suppose you can drive, Jeb. But I'll be comfortable running along side it, thanks.

Jeb looks at Jethro with evil eyes, and says "I'll drive BOY! Move on over".

The tractor lets out a huge puff of black smoke and as it shakes for just a moment, it starts moving.

avmcfarlin.jpg

Get ready to burn some rubber boys! We're on our way to that there fuel tanker!

(corn stalks begin flying in the air as the blue tractor makes it's way along the road (at about 5 miles/hour))

The "Tractor Group" make it to the Fuel Tanker where they jump off and begin tying a few ropes between the tractor and tanker.

"Starter 'up", Schmelt sets with anticipation.

Jeb does so and his tractor begins pulling the fuel tanker along the tracks.

After nearly an hour, they reach the train engine shed where they see the others with thumbs up. :thumbup:

End Chapter 14B