KimT

The Visual Dictionary

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Since the homepage has been launched, I think this deserves a topic of it's own:

2009-08-20_002825_LSWTVD.JPG

And a small commercial showing off Luke:

Click Me

Now someone with YouTube and skills, rip this and upload it to YouTube, so that I can embed it.

dictionaryfinalsmall.jpg

(Picture is link to high resolution version)

gallery_101_25_33328.jpg

(Picture is link to high resolution version)

gallery_101_25_25967.jpggallery_101_25_17027.jpg

Star Wars 10th Anniversary Visual Dictionary

Release on the 21th of September 2009

Price: 21.99 USD

Amazon Link

med_gallery_101_25_74876.jpg

Picture is link to high resolution version

Oh yeah, the book is 96 pages... not much

med_gallery_101_33_64610.jpg

Picture is link to high resolution version

Review on YouTube

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB4CPb3kct4"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB4CPb3kct4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB4CPb3kct4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

New Luke Fig from Summer 2010

med_gallery_101_23_146709.jpg

Error List:

Page # Type of Error Error

2 Picture Tusken's hips are tan, should be old dark gray

5 Time line Placement What makes 8007 Technic C-3PO Episode I? Box has Episode IV background

5 Time line Placement What makes 3340 Star Wars #1 Episode V? Darth Maul is Episode I

5 Time line Placement What makes 7106 TIE Fighter Episode IV? Death Star Background?

5 Time line Placement What makes 8008 Technic Stormtrooper Episode IV? Death Star interior background?

5 Time line Placement What makes 7166 Imperial Shuttle Episode V? Emperor arrived at Death Star II on Episode VI. No Death Star existed in Episode V

5 Time line Placement What makes 7127 Imperial AT-ST Episode V? Box background has Endor scene and set includes Chewbacca figure.

Page # Type of error Error

6 Time line Placement What makes 8009 Technic R2-D2 Episode I? Box has Tantive IV background

6 Time line Placement What makes 3219 Mini TIE Fighter Episode IV? Box has Episode V background

6 Time line Placement What makes 8010 Technic Darth Vader Episode IV? Box has Episode V background

6 Time line Placement What makes 7194 Ultimate Collector's Series Yoda Episode IV? Box has Episode IV background

6 Time line Placement What makes 4488 Mini Millennium Falcon Episode IV? Box has Episode VI background

6 Time line Placement What makes 4489 Mini AT-AT Episode V? Box had Episode V background

6 Time line Placement What makes 4494 Mini Imperial Shuttle Episode VI? Box has Episode VI background

Edited by KimT
added new picture Summer 2010

So do you get the Luke minifig with the book?

Yes I think you do, for me the fig is not too special though. I might get the book purely to have a read and find out a bit more but not for the fig.

Yes you get the fig with the book. Last time I saaw this on Amazon it was only 14.99.Link to Amazon. Anyone else get that? I hope TLG accatualy made this a real figure instead of the crappy ones.

Edited by JCC1004

Yes, but I've read that there is a regular version of the book and a library version of the book. The library version will not include the minifig. So make sure you don't order one that says library edition (assuming you want the fig).

Yes, but I've read that there is a regular version of the book and a library version of the book. The library version will not include the minifig. So make sure you don't order one that says library edition (assuming you want the fig).

Thanks for the heads up Drock. I really want the figure to come with it. Where is it specified?

Thanks for the heads up Drock. I really want the figure to come with it. Where is it specified?

Looking at amazon.com,

Regular vs. Library

I have no idea why the Library would be more expensive though.

Looking at amazon.com,

Regular vs. Library

I have no idea why the Library would be more expensive though.

From what I've seen Library versions usually have a more reinforced binding. And, if this book, like the other DK books, are slipjacketed, then this will be usually have an additional clear book cover to prevent slippage and tearing.

Pre-order available on Amazon.co.uk. I've ordered mine!

Apologies if link has been posted already.

Wayyyy late, sorry. EDIT: Oh UK, never mind. Sorry. :tongue:

My main incentive for this book is definitely that minifig! Of course, I'll still read the book.

Edited by Darth Legolas

Well I got a copy of the book today, and all I can say is its awesome! Well worth getting for any Lego or Star Wars fan.

I haven't had much time with it yet but will do a review when it gets closer to the release date.

ids.jpg

I can assure you that the neck of Luke Skywalker is printed in *(EDIT) Flesh! (Just for the people who where wandering) :vader:

starwars09_logobanner.jpg

4947_92580242590_92548342590_1929593_6900857_n.jpg

Edited by grogall

I can assure you that the neck of Luke Skywalker is printed in pink! (Just for the people who where wandering) :vader:
Pink!? Don't you mean flesh?

Well I got a copy of the book today
How? Was the German version released earlier than the English version?

How? Was the German version released earlier than the English version?

I used the Force and beamed myself to October! :yoda:

No the book has not been released yet in Germany, but will be available on the 24th of September!

I will post more info when I'm finished with the review.

By the way for people who still don't know what the included minifigure represents

lke_yavin_hero.jpg

its the Lego version of this!

luke-yavin-iv-l.jpg

Edited by grogall

All, I'm interviewing LEGO, DK and LFL for BrickJournal and wondered if anyone has anything they'd like to ask them.

Please PM/email or post in this thread if you do :)

Thanks

I would like to ask lego to re-post 06 sets at S@H! Please.

*huh*

What the heck does that have to do with what LEGOscum is asking?

I have a few questions you could ask them, Legoscum.

1. Do you intend to extend the Star Wars license beyond 2011?

2. Do you intend to introduce sets based on vehicles, locations, events and characters from the future Star Wars live-action TV serie?

3. How do you foresee the evolution of the Star Wars license after the end of the clone wars TV serie?

4. Do you intend to submit, in the future, more "fans choice" sets ideas to the Lego community, like the 7754 Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser?

5. Many fans are complaining about the use of stickers in the sets, which has considerably increased in the last years and many of them claim to be ready to

pay a little more for sets with only printed parts. Is the decision of introducing/removing stickers in the sets relevant of each team working on a specific theme or a higher autority?

Is that the finalized figure? The face is different. I honestly don't like it. The mouth is too close to the eyes. I hope he will not be like the magnet figs. Thanks for the links Drock.I also hope the book isn't too off like the poster.

Does the luke from the dictionary have a new face? His eyebrows seem very dark compared to my luke from the x wing. I dont like luke's hair piece to be that one. Sure it gives more diversity than the original male hair but its too long for him but the original male hair seems to be too short :sceptic:

Is that the finalized figure? The face is different. I honestly don't like it. The mouth is too close to the eyes. I hope he will not be like the magnet figs. Thanks for the links Drock.I also hope the book isn't too off like the poster.

Yes that's the finalized fig.

Haven't you looked/read the previos posts in this topic?