Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 14A

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 14A

Crocodile Rock

The weary group has returned to town. After some rest and relaxation aboard the Emerald Express with a filling, but late lunch prepared by the new moonlighting EB moderator Shmelt ( :grin: ), they have decided that an attempt to get the Crocodile engine jump-started might be a worthwhile plan (finally :wink: ).

Now comes the difficult challenge in getting the train started...

Yes, finally. :thumbup: Hopefully someone won't die from fixing the engine.

Yes, finally. :thumbup: Hopefully someone won't die from fixing the engine.

But they might during the fuel transfer. Still, we should probably come up with a plan to try fixing the croc while part of the group takes the tractor to see if it can pull the tanker here.

I'd like to go with the third group, the one that sits and watches from somewhere shady and comfortable.

I sure hope our rest and meal at the Emerald Express restored my life points... :wink:

Let's get going!

I sure hope our rest and meal at the Emerald Express restored my life points... :wink:

Let's get going!

Ditto!

Oh, yes, +2 life points as a result of a little rest, and the magical and mystical powers of Shmelt's homemade garlic chicken and lentil soup with ginsing blueberry tea. :grin:

But they might during the fuel transfer. Still, we should probably come up with a plan to try fixing the croc while part of the group takes the tractor to see if it can pull the tanker here.

I'd like to go with the third group, the one that sits and watches from somewhere shady and comfortable.

Okay then, make yourself comfortable, Greaseman. Brakes and Steve, do you mind helping me with the engine? Max, you can go tie yourself to that tree and wait 'til we're done. :tongue:

Oh, yes, +2 life points as a result of a little rest, and the magical and mystical powers of Shmelt's homemade garlic chicken and lentil soup with ginsing blueberry tea. :grin:

Mmm! Delicious!

I really don't think Max is evil...

Any way, is there another object missing from the Crocodile? I thought there was...

Still, we should probably come up with a plan to try fixing the croc while part of the group takes the tractor to see if it can pull the tanker here.

avsteve.jpg

Bad things seem to happen when we spilt up. :cry_sad:

avmark.jpg

Perhaps we should stay together. :sweet:

Righto, let's take a look at the Crocodile! I would suggest everyone who has any train engineering background should come and have a look. I think that would be me, Brakes, Gaylord and Austin.

(BTW, nice chapter title TheBrickster :tongue: )

Righto, let's take a look at the Crocodile! I would suggest everyone who has any train engineering background should come and have a look. I think that would be me, Brakes, Gaylord and Austin.

We're all coming. The rest of us can enjoy a nice picnic while you "experts" work. :wink:

I operate a crane. I may be of some help.

(BTW, nice chapter title TheBrickster :tongue: )

What about me? :cry_sad:

I tagged along anyway. :tongue:

The group is back in the train engine shed with the Crocodile.

16.jpg

avdavid.jpg

This engine rocks!

I suggest we get to work right away...well after I eat a bite of schmelts garlic chicken :sweet::grin: ,

I operate a crane. I may be of some help.

And I serve drinks!

*Cough*... uh, I'll just do that over by the picnic.

Max and Steve get busy on the Crocodile.

CLINK!

CLANK!

avmaxwell.jpg

Could you hand me that Johnson Wrench please?

avsteve.jpg

Sure thing Max...

CLINK!

CLANK!

avmaxwell.jpg

Now let's try placing the Crocodile Rod in the Johnson Shaft...

(Steve hands the Crocodile Rod to Max)

CLINK!

CLANK!

avmaxwell.jpg

okay - got 'er did. Let's rock 'n' roll! :sweet:

avdavid.jpg

Now what should we do for fuel smarties?

(secretly wishing he had his train pin)

avdavid.jpg

Now what should we do for fuel smarties?

We could get the fuel cart and load 'er up.

We could get the fuel cart and load 'er up.

*opens Guinness Book of World Records*

Looks like Lorraine holds the world record for pulling a fuel tanker with her teeth the longest distance! *oh2* All we need is a chain!

We could run to the airport real quick, grab the barrel of fuel, run to the farm, fill the tractor up, and then hook up the tanker to the tractor and bring it to the EE. Or we could use Lorraine's semi, does that still have gas?

Let's go and grab the tractor from the farm and use it to pull the fuel wagon back to the croc. Then we'll use the loco to cover more ground to see if we can get it onto the express line.

Looks like Lorraine holds the world record for pulling a fuel tanker with her teeth the longest distance! *oh2* All we need is a chain!

Actually, sir, that was void. Turns out I'd been takin' steroids before...hush...

Good thing we've got this ol' Croc up and running!

Now we just need some gas!

I'm glad we're getting something doe, although I still don't see how we can get this out onto the mainline.

Hey! Do you know what would be cool? We should get it going at full speed, and then send it across Cassandra Crossing! That wouldn't help our situation, but it would be utterly awesome! :sweet: Reminds me of this movie I saw a while ago...

So then, since I'm not much help in these matters, I'll, ah, just go sit with Grease in the shade over there. Cards anyone? :grin:

I wonder why that crazy conductor type is pining for his pin... What help could it possibly be in this situation? Something to consider.

So then, since I'm not much help in these matters, I'll, ah, just go sit with Grease in the shade over there. Cards anyone? :grin:

Deal me in! :thumbup:

Or we could use the hand car to bring it in. (Yes, I get that you're being a jerk)