dieselboy m

McDonald's Happy Meal LEGO Racers

So, I went to McDonald's for a Happy Meal and was surprised to find that the toys were now LEGO Racers, last time I got a Happy Meal just days ago it was still the Beanie Babies toys. Anyway, I got #2 Rally Fire for now, so here's a few pics. They're very similar to the General Mills cereal LEGO Racers from a few months back, three pieces, but these are larger (the cereal ones were about 3/4 of the real Tiny Turbos, whereas these are about 7/8 their size). I'll do a review of the whole set after I've collected them all (check them out at the official Happy Meal site here).

w80_2009_08-17_001b.jpg

w80_2009_08-17_002b.jpg

w80_2009_08-17_003b.jpg

Edited by dieselboy m

Nice deal. :thumbup:

There hasn't been Lego sets in Uk McDonalds or Burger King for quite some time - they are almosat always based off films.

There could be some useful pieces there - especially if you already have a lot of Tiny Turbos for customisation.

However, some of those pieces just seem too big and are like 2 or 3 pieces joined together.

It looks pretty bad quality too me. It looks like the pieces have been molded together just so kids dont swallow it. Good for kids, bad for me. Well I can guess it wont be here in the U.K with myself and the Rancor.

Oh still pretty good too collect for anyone that loves the racers theme. Hopefully one day Mcdonalds will do some decent lego in their meals and hopefully in the U.K.

My wife got one yesterday. They're pretty crappy, but better than the last Batman ones. The one my wife got (a white and green one) had only three pieces: the wheel base, the body of the car and the windshield/roof. I found it odd that there were more pieces of McNuggets (four) than there were in the lego set...

Steve

Has nobody here seen this thread? These are just crappy "sets" with only three parts and lots of stickers. The only possibly useful pieces are the chasis, but even those are hard to work with. :sadnew:

Hmm.

At first glance, this looked promising, yet, on closer inspection the sets look like they have few useable pieces.

Darn.

I had a chance to look at one yesterday, there really are no parts as these are built for little kids in several age groups.

Ralph