Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Governer

Could a LEGO Pirates TV show really exist?

As I was observing my newest Imperial Soldiers creation, I wondered about the possibility of a LEGO Pirates television series. LEGO Batman was SUPPOSED to get one, which I think would of worked well, but what about a PIRATES television show? Every episode could be a new battle or a flashback of a battle made by veterans of these battles. Pirates could tell their side of a battle's results, while the soldiers tell theirs, there could be so much to do!

But, what potential does it have? Would LEGO fans that don't have ANY interest in the Pirates series or historical LEGOs tune into this show? That's the first question that came to my mind. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Would kids think its boring because it has a historical background to it? LEGO would probably make it simple pirates vs. bad guys (which are NOW considered the soldiers). But what about the true hard old fashion Pirate fans watching the show? What would OUR opinions be?

I don't know, but I would want to see a LEGO TV show sooner or later! If they made a Pirates TV series, I would jump for joy! :pir_laugh2:

But, YOU GOTTA REMEMBER THE CONS! :pir-hmpf_bad:

P.S. Imperial Governor is back from his break!

Edited by SlyOwl

As I was observing my newest Imperial Soldiers creation, I wondered about the possibility of a LEGO Pirates television series. LEGO Batman was SUPPOSED to get one, which I think would of worked well, but what about a PIRATES television show? Every episode could be a new battle or a flashback of a battle made by veterans of these battles. Pirates could tell their side of a battle's results, while the soldiers tell theirs, there could be so much to do!

But, what potential does it have? Would LEGO fans that don't have ANY interest in the Pirates series or historical LEGOs tune into this show? That's the first question that came to my mind. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Would kids think its boring because it has a historical background to it? LEGO would probably make it simple pirates vs. bad guys (which are NOW considered the soldiers). But what about the true hard old fashion Pirate fans watching the show? What would OUR opinions be?

I don't know, but I would want to see a LEGO TV show sooner or later! If they made a Pirates TV series, I would jump for joy! :pir_laugh2:

But, YOU GOTTA REMEMBER THE CONS! :pir-hmpf_bad:

P.S. Imperial Governor is back from his break!

I think its a good idea - I'm not a Pirates fan but I would watch (or more likely, download) a Lego show with historical background. I can't think of a more appropriate theme as I think the other themes are either licensed or Lego fiction.

However, I don't think it would have the mass appeal needed to make it work.

It sounds like a very good idea.

But I think it'll be just like Viva pinata: good game, terrible tv show.

And that TLG will aim for viewers between the age of 5 and 10 or something.

It could work as a short series of 10 or so 20-minute animations, even on real TV, in kids' prime-time at 8am or 3pm.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some similar promo animations to the SP3 ones on Lego.com at some point.

It could work as a short series of 10 or so 20-minute animations, even on real TV, in kids' prime-time at 8am or 3pm.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some similar promo animations to the SP3 ones on Lego.com at some point.

I'm suprised they haven't done any animation yet! I think they could do TV, but it would probably be some 10-20 minute show on CN or something.

Edited by Admiral M

I wonder if it would be in the form of brickfilm or computer animation? Either way it would be fun to see for us fans, but may be viewed as a half hour commercial for others

I wonder if it would be in the form of brickfilm or computer animation? Either way it would be fun to see for us fans, but may be viewed as a half hour commercial for others

It would certainly be computer animation because otherwise each 1/2 hour episode would take forever to make. I don't think it would be bad if it wasn't for really little kids.

i think thats a great idea! :pir_laugh2: i think alot of kids would watch it and probably not think that its "history", but piracy and adventure! im sure that being lego(a child's toy company) they will have to make it pirate v.s. redcoat and basic boring stuff all of us have dreampt up 10 years ago.... so we probably wouldnt like it, but would watch it anyway, because its lego.

i didnt know lego batman was going to get one... that would have been epic :pir-sweet:

I don't think it would work out too well. If it was historically accurate kids wouldn't want to watch but then again lego does have a sense of humor so it could work. Overall I just don't see it happening.