Matt Dawson

Return of 9V?

Regardless of price, I would like Lego to still offer 9V track and perhaps motors for many of us that want to continue along the 9V path. This is a HUGE population of train fans as demonstrated by the train clubs and shows around the country. Sure, it will be costly to produce, but at a premium price, I'm sure Lego could continue (if not turn a profit, then at least break-even).

However, I doubt this will happen, and we can only wish. They didn't listen once with the "Save 9V Train Campaign", so I doubt they will do so a 2nd time (as interest and letters from train fans have probably diminished since the new system). I'm running the Emerald along my 9V layout, but I still like the 9V system better than PF simply for the ease in adding a 9V motor - with the exception of the big wheels.

Sad but true. I can only agree with TheBrickster here. The "Save 9V Campaign" had no effect. Another campaign won't have an effect either. So for me there's no point in discussing this matter. However, I'd be willing to pay 30 euro for a set of straight 9V tracks and 45 euro for a brand new 9V motor if TLC offered them for such a price. Such a price increase would be no problem for me as long as the stuff is still produced. But prices for these two things are now going to rise tremendously on eBay, bricklink, etc. since they're out of production.

well what we need to do is form a group of people (fans) and then send in letters to lego about this matter

We could do that, but do you seriously think that letters haven't been sent? Many LEGO train fans have sent letters about trains, including myself, but all I got was a standard general reply saying that due to costs the line has been discontinued and it is unlikely to see it ever again.