Sign in to follow this  
Joey Lock

Ships Lantern

Is there a index for diffrent Ship Laterns or something?

Because there are many techniques but I wanted to know which looks the best. So what is your favourite ship latern?

Because I was thinking mabye we should make a Index for ship techniques such as Laterns, Figureheads, Furniture e.t.c.

I am using these style laterns for my ship but I may need bigger laterns:

lamp02.jpg

Later I may make the latern light up to give a good effect.

I just found a few designs, Teddy made a good design for his HMS Repentence, Shame it isn't glass looking:

1194662090_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by Joey Lock

Because I was thinking mabye we should make a Index for ship techniques such as Laterns, Figureheads, Furniture e.t.c.

Great idea!

I also prefer the transparent pieces to suggest glass. I like your design.

Here is the design I will use on the Le Fourageux, she will have 2 of them.

The Le Formidable has 1 of these.

ship_accessoires004.jpg

Shame the yellow cone shaped thing isn't avaible in transparent colours. I agree it would look much better.

Here is the design I will use on the Le Fourageux, she will have 2 of them.

The Le Formidable has 1 of these.

ship_accessoires004.jpg

Shame the yellow cone shaped thing isn't avaible in transparent colours. I agree it would look much better.

Thats B-e-a-utiful! :thumbup:

I would use that bigger cone style if they had it transparent, however looking at my ship, the laterns are the right size as on the HMS Victory:

57424223.a62.jpg

I think this thread should be in the index where Commodore Hornbricker is working on soon. :pir-blush:

Proberbly, But we need more entries and people finding techniques.

Wow! all of the designs I've seen in this thread are simply amazing! I don't make any huge ships, but I still like looking at these interesting techniques.

There is the Accessory MOC index, which has a few examples, although these are mostly already posted, or similar.

The yellow octagonal cone could possibly be replaced by one of the 2x2 Adventurers dome pieces, with a thin tyre and technic half bushing to allow connection to the technic pulley or 3x3 dish via a short length of flex tubing... *runs off to build it himself and will return with photos!*

You made me very curious! I'm looking forward to the result. So far it's a quite nice idea SlyOwl! :thumbup:

I've been experimenting with a new design today, but so far not a big succes.

I think those designs fit perfectly in the upcoming Ship Building Techniques Index. But it's not a bad idea to insert them in the Accessory MOC Index as well since lanterns are ship accessories in my opinion. That's at least what I think. :pir-grin:

Nice ideas. :thumbup:

I just found a few designs, Teddy made a good design for his HMS Repentence, Shame it isn't glass looking:

Isn't that Fat Tony's HMS Repentance?

Isn't that Fat Tony's HMS Repentance?

Ok, So I got the name wrong. :pir-hmpf_bad:

I had a bit of an experiment, but couldn't find anything which wedged into the open end of the Adventurers dome piece inconspicuously (a 1x1 brick fits horizontally, but is too bulky).

The best solution I could find was this -

lantern.jpg

The stud on top, the yellow head and the steering wheel on the bottom are not required for the structure.

The bike tyre goes through all 4 notches in the base of the dome, and simply fits snugly over the 1x1 plate. This is all hidden within the 3x3 dome.

Apologies for the colours - imagine the 2x2 and 3x3 dishes in yellow e.t.c, and the yellow head in trans yellow or orange.

This is very creative SlyOwl! Great use of parts. :thumbup:

But I think it looks better in a house, or as a lantern along the street since it hasn't the high ship lantern shape.

If that dome was a bit higher, and more cone shaped, it would be perfect.