Jar Jar

Padme Idea Thread

I don't mind not having more Padmes, but that idea someone came up with about the Geneosis arena would be awesome! There should be a set about that scene, where Obi, Ani and Padme are all tied up and the monsters come!

It actually was a theroy, a hypothesis is something that can be tested... :hmpf:

No, a theory is a hypothesis ("hypo" is Greek meaning below or under) which has been tested and a conclusion formed that meets the results and can be duplicated through reapplication of the process. A hypothesis is an educated guess made after observation of the collected data. Once you test the hypothesis you form a theory to explain the results. There are other definitions of the word theory which are more akin to a hypothesis but these are born out of ignorance of the word itself resulting an overused and misused application of the word ("I have a theory...." type statements when in fact they really mean "I have a hypothesis"). Hence theories like electricity and evolution are the result of observation, collection of data, formation of a hypothesis and testing of that hypothesis.

On topic, I don't think we'll see a Padme outside of one of their late-year exclusive sets. Given their tendency to put Leia in large sets (smallest was the $30 Jabba's Palace) we'll probably, if at all, see Padme in a $100+ set. Why they've chosen to exclude her is somewhat of a mystery to me though I'd imagine it has to do with her lack of significant importance in the prequels (Leia by comparison is in the heart of the action while the prequels center around Obi-Wan and Anakin). Still, if we can get worthless characters like Plo-Koon and other non-essential Jedi than we should by all means have more than a single Padme figure.

Edited by prof1515

She featured quite heavily in LSW The Video Game so I guess there can't be a licensing issue.

I think the lack of Padme is more to do with the the ships and scenes she's associated with - she'd need to be in a set with a big smooth silver ship which would cost a small fortune to produce; even the Geonosis arena would require three moulded monsters.

Retaking Theed palace is a good idea, now we have a Nute Gunray. Personally I'd love to see the royal starship from Ep I but I suspect it's too big a risk for TLG. :sad:

I was hoping for a Padme with the Sepratist Shuttle set. You know the one that came with Nute, the Senator and some BD's. She was in the episode and I'm sure she would be less costly to design than Nute as he had his fancy head wear.

I was hoping for a Padme with the Sepratist Shuttle set. You know the one that came with Nute, the Senator and some BD's. She was in the episode and I'm sure she would be less costly to design than Nute as he had his fancy head wear.

i purchased an awesome padme fig on ebay check out the photo i attached, these are not stickers i gave these figures to my 4 and 6 year old kids :yoda:

post-7221-1251516817_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty good custom Padme Joshua Hetzler. Seeing that just reinforces the need for Lego to release more Padme minifigures. I suspect at this stage we may be disappointed in 2010 since of all the rumoured set there don't seem to be a set where Padme will feature but hey Lego included quite random minifigs before so maybe there's some hope yet.

sorry, posted in the wrong topic! where can i delete the post?

Edited by fenris

I would vote for Geonosis.

Since there has been a lack of minifigs for her I would love to see a minifig pack with 4 or 5 figs of her from the three films

In several scenes Padme has been dressed in beautiful costumes and i hope we get something like that rather than the usual boring costumes we have got her in so far.

In several scenes Padme has been dressed in beautiful costumes and i hope we get something like that rather than the usual boring costumes we have got her in so far.

Well, I don't even like OT as much and we have more sets! PT owns and we barely have any sets. If we did, Padme's will be flying everywhere!

Looks like the wishlist for Padme can go on for quite a bit longer because based on the rumours we have of 2010 sets ... its going to be another Padmeless year.