Sign in to follow this  
Big Pete

[MOC] Mini AT-OT

indexed.gif

Having obtained the Mini AT-TE via a Brickmaster subscription and getting the instructions for the SDCC 2009 Brickmaster Dropship, I decided to build an AT-OT mini too to make a nice triple mini model set. So, here's the only real MOC of the trio, the AT-OT ...

Here's the AT-OT from various angles ...

3823232141_4de00718f9.jpg

3823232239_98936c093c.jpg

3823232321_12acc829a0.jpg

3824035530_afde810916.jpg

And here's the back with the ramp down ...

3824035600_35940edf78.jpg

and here's the fully deployed ramp ...

3823232569_11c9fb208b.jpg

Here are the troops flying into action on the battlefield ...

3823232653_d4e38d6e11.jpg

And here's the AT-OT being carried by the Brickmaster Dropship ...

3824035866_fbd5c38099.jpg

3823232853_f762844bd9.jpg

Further photos can be found in the Flickr stream

I hope you like ?

Haha love the clone troopers, dare I say they even look kinda cute.

Nice overall design of the AT-OT; does the dropship actually attach to it without falling off?

does the dropship actually attach to it without falling off?

yes it does, although not if you did some hardcore swooshing, I would imagine!

That is a cute little mini Big Pete. :thumbup: I can see all the details, and I like the technique for the clone troopers. I woud gladly buy this if sold by LEGO. :classic: My favourite part is the cockpit, which looks perfect!

Greetings,

JD

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I'm generally not one for minis, I do however love this one. Fits in perfectly with the BrickMaster sets, and the micro Clones are a great addition as well. May I suggest using a yellow Stud as a commander, to give some variety?

-May the Force be with you.

Edited by Mraz 'Skintas

Very nice Big Pete! The AT-OT looks very streamline and accurrate. Overall I think this represents a OT-OT very well. Thanks for sharing this. :classic:

Amazing MOC Big Pete! I would buy this in a heartbeat if it were a set! Have you considered releasing instructions and a parts inventory? I think it would greatly benefit the community.

great work and the white studs made me laugh :laugh: . You made this mini really cool. Its got lots of detail and the legs are so well built. I also love how you can connect it with the dropship.

Great work!

Great little mini Pete, I especially like your solution for the legs. I personally think your AT-OT looks better than LEGO's AT-TE :wink:

Very cool when situated with the dropship too... good stuff!

Great work! Looks fantastic. I love minis... The idea with the small clones is great to. And the pics are great too.. nothing more to add. You captured all necessary details. Prbably took you some time to figure out...

It is exactly like the big version :oh:

I love the AT-OT and in Mini form it looks so cute! :oh::wub:

The troopers are cute aswell :laugh::thumbup:

The size matches the Brickmaster LAAT very well! :thumbup:

Well done again Big Pete

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Hello!

This is an excellent MINI model! :classic: It's great the dropship now has something to deliver to the ground. It's furthermore a fantastic example for the use of a high specialized piece to get important details of a vehicle, namely the robot bodies for the legs, which allow for bith, attachment of the feet and side gear. :classic:

Thanks for sharing,

~ Christopher

I'm really interested in this mini set especially the Dropship. Unfortunley, its exclusive to san diego comic con and it cost $300 on bricklink at the moment for a mini set..

I'm not one to usually WANT a mini set, but this one looks great, I love that it actually works together like the original set.

The ramp for the minifig release is really clever.

As for it being $300, I'd suspect someone would eventually let out the instructions and then you could build it yourself for well under $300 in parts.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it was mentioned in a newer thread and I have relevant content for this one.

Back when the OP first shared this creation with us I build it in MLCad and with his permission I shared building instructions for it.

Here they are: MINI AT-OT for use with SDCC LAAT/c

Edited by kyphur

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it was mentioned in a newer thread and I have relevant content for this one.

Back when the OP first shared this creation with us I build it in MLCad and with his permission I shared building instructions for it.

Here they are: MINI AT-OT for use with SDCC LAAT/c

I think the file is corrupted. I could not get it to work

I think the file is corrupted. I could not get it to work

Worked for me. :sceptic: I just opened the PDF in a new tab on my browser, and it looks fine.