Sign in to follow this  
pedro

Rebel Light Hover Truck [MOC]

indexed.gif

Hey all,

I've got a few new small (multi-themed) MOC's I'm going to post, but while I get around to taking photos I thought I'd show this! As part of a review I did recently on 7668 Rebel Scout Speeder, I thought I'd build an alternate model to illustrate set potential and created the Rebel Light Hover Truck.

Designed as an economically viable light cargo and personnel repulsorlift transport, the LHT-1 Sphinx has an upright cabin for better vantage and to allow for extra cargo space. The Rebel Alliance used upgraded trucks with armoured cabins and side-mounted weapons such as laser cannons or blasters - to allow for some defensive capability when in field use - and would often be seen behind battle lines, swiftly delivering vital documents, machinery, weapons and troops to where they were needed the most.

Light Hover Truck

lht-action.jpg

lht-action2.jpg

Rear view

The odd wheel part part comes in useful as a small cargo container.

lht-back.jpg

Front

lht-front.jpg

Sphinx Side view

lht-side.jpg

Transporting troopers

Full laden, the LHT hurtles to it's destination...

lht-bigloader.jpg

Rebel Engineer

Pilot of the LHT and, based on the movies, a more authentic looking rebel engineer minifig. All parts not available in the original set, but an obvious custom! Built using the rebel trooper head and helm and the engineer from A-Wing 6207.

rebel-engineer.jpg

Spares

Not a great deal left over!

lht-spares.jpg

More pictures here if you're interested. Comments welcome as always!

Hit my links below to see the rest of my LEGO works!

Nice job you did, especially with the partsat hand. I have to say it honestly looks like it should be at some sort of shipping center, which is a good thing. I think you could use the black spare as an exhaust pipe of some sort by slapping it on to the 4x4 slop at the left or right by the window. As for the turntable, I have no idea. but great moc!

Good looking MOC, reminds me of the tiny bobcats you stand on and drive.

It looks good. Like something we would see driving around a Hangar carrying people to their ships. I like this alot better than the speeder in the BP. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

I'd put the rebel symbol right smack in the center on the front! It looks perfect though! Great job and very... rebel-ish.

Great Moc and excellent photography. I didn't really like the original Speeder and now you given me something to do with my Speeders. Thanks for sharing.

Poor little rebel cant even see out! :tongue: But this is a great moc you built from the set. It has good detail and good use of the colours. I like you custom engineer aswell

Great work!

Super cool moc love the way you took a set and turned it into something extraordinairy

Rebel Engineer

rebel-engineer.jpg

I'd suggest removing the black visor from his helmet. I couldn't find a picture, but as I recall they had a different helmet from the others, more rounded and all white, I think.

Great MOC! I've always been a fan of taking the pieces for sets and making something new! The only problem for me is... I never got the Battle Pack. :cry_sad:

Many thanks for the comments. Trying to get the most out of a battlepack is great fun and I felt that the LHT looked suitably Rebel-esque once I'd finished it. I'd thought about using the sticker sheet with it but generally shy away from using them - I tend to recycle parts a lot in other models.

Poor little rebel cant even see out! :tongue:

Fortunately he has sufficient visual-screens and navigational systems in the cab... :wink:

I'd suggest removing the black visor from his helmet. I couldn't find a picture, but as I recall they had a different helmet from the others, more rounded and all white, I think.

Indeed! I'd mentioned this originally that the helmet would suit a white visor better, however I don't have the part. So until I do it's better just to use the black visor rather than having a big gap in my opinion - artistic license and that! If I ever have a chance to get a white visor it'll be straight on!

Great MOC! I've always been a fan of taking the pieces for sets and making something new! The only problem for me is... I never got the Battle Pack. :cry_sad:

Fear not! It's still widely available.

actualy use a clear one from the coastgaurd sets the rb helmet is to wierd without the visor

Very nice BP alternate pedro :thumbup::wub:

I love the shape of it, and the Rebel engineer is Great! :wub:

Great job again!

CommanderFox

Thanks guys! I quite like how this little MOC turned out and so built a second. Soon to have a third after my contest win! :wink:

When I egt the chance I'm going to order some white visors off Bricklink to complete the look of my Rebel engineers.

Thanks guys! I quite like how this little MOC turned out and so built a second. Soon to have a third after my contest win! :wink:

When I egt the chance I'm going to order some white visors off Bricklink to complete the look of my Rebel engineers.

Lucky! :oh3::wub:

That sounds Great, the engineer would look better with a white visor :sweet::thumbup:

CommanderFox

Do they make white visors? I don't know, maybe white would be too plain. Its hard to tell.

There are a handful of shops with white visors on Bricklink.

The Engineer's helmet is white and smooth so rather than just removing the black visor and leaving a big gap, a white visor would fill it and keep the whole helmet white. I reckon that'd look cooler :wink:

It looks great! :cry_happy: I don't know why but remind me a little bit of that tiny boats that were used during operation Overlord in Normandy to transport soldiers. I think you could add one or two laser cannons (small ones :classic: ).

This is really excellent pedro.

Every so often its nice to make something from a limited selection of parts. Sometimes choosing from a big pool of parts confuses me :classic:

Edited by VMLN8R

Do they make white visors? I don't know, maybe white would be too plain. Its hard to tell.

Yes they do :wink:

The Engineer's helmet is white and smooth so rather than just removing the black visor and leaving a big gap, a white visor would fill it and keep the whole helmet white. I reckon that'd look cooler :wink:

Agreed Pedro :thumbup:

Every so often its nice to make something from a limited selection of parts. Sometimes choosing from a big pool of parts confuses me :classic:

Same for me :classic:

CommanderFox