Admiral Bejaune

[MOC] Sang Royale

Very fine vessel Béjaune! I'm very proud to be part of the same fleet :pir-classic: I would like to know how you made this part:

sang_royale_10.jpg

And I mean the brick on the side of the ship where the ropes go to (with all the black things). Could you make that a bit clearer to me?

Very fine vessel Béjaune! I'm very proud to be part of the same fleet :pir-classic: I would like to know how you made this part:

And I mean the brick on the side of the ship where the ropes go to (with all the black things). Could you make that a bit clearer to me?

Check this out. :pir-wink:

This is extremely realistic. I really like the cabin details. The front of the ship also looks great. I think I would die if I had to make all the rigging that you have made. There is so much fantastic work put into this ship. :pir-wub: The sails also are impressively realistic. I wish that you built some cabin interior and lower deck interior though.

Holy...

This MOC blew my mind. Like, that's the only way to put it. The level of detail, historical accuracy, and sheer scale... it's just beautiful. Excellent work! :thumbup:

-Nuju Metru

One word: beautiful!!!! There's nothing more to add :pir-wub:

Amazing piece of work :thumbup:

Keep up the good work!

Greetings,

Errorist

That's awsome! Completely awsome! How could I miss it? I'm a big fan of LEGO ships, and this is one of the best I've seen!

Very nice indeed! It looks like you have taken note of some of the best techniques out there and used them to make a top notch ship!

One thing to mention- the Sang Royale reminds me to a degree of the the Soleil Royale (as it is supposed to?)- I think the blue color on that ship would be closer to the lighter Lego blue. I wonder if that color would look even better on this ship!

Just a thought. Nice work Admiral!

Just looking what other people build in ships. This one is impressive, the overall view is good. Just like a real one.

Just looking what other people build in ships. This one is impressive, the overall view is good. Just like a real one.

In my opinion, this is the BEST ship build on prefabricated hull pieces ("minifig illusion scale as Bonaparte called it earlier in this thread) shown at this forum at this moment. Its propotions are perfect and the sails very well made, esspecially their size looks realistic.

Also the MOC anchor and the way the stern is almost integrated into the hull make this ship look very much like one of those elegant, big french 74s (although this one actually is a 64 gunner :pir-blush: ) of the late 18th century.

Btw: I didn't forget the "Prince of Wales"; i like the elegant shape of the "Sang Royal" better if I may say so. But its probably a question of taste :pir_laugh2:

this is the ship inspired me to make some non-starwars models!!

i've started a project on a 6th range frigate but i've some trouble with the masts.. which were the pieces you used on your masts?

thanks!!

My jaw is literally on my desk.

That ship is massive and the work on the sails is beautiful.

Impressive amount of cannon's and I really like that the deck is still useable like the original pirate ships.

Most impressive :pir-cry_happy:

I have a question for you that I didn't see as I read through this thread. How many mid hull sections did you use in her design? I have ships on the brain today...can't imagine why? :pir_laugh2:

Hey Commodore,

She is built with 7 midsections. Yea I cant imagine why you are ship crazy at the moment!

-Admiral Bejaune

This is probably one of the most awesome ships I have seen! But, how much did all the pieces cost you, and how did you make those sails?

Also, do you have access to the lower decks and interior, and if so, could we see some photos? Also, how did you get the sides to tilt like that? And, I have always been wondering what is that white that runs along the cannon line on ships. :pir-blush:

What do people mean by Mini-fig illusion scale? It looks in scale to me... Like I have often said, the schooners TLG releases are huge, but if they really released a legit ship of the line it would cost 100s!

Wow, a truly beautiful ship, nice work! I love all the detail, you must have put a great amount of effort into her. Love it, and keep bricking :thumbup:

What do people mean by Mini-fig illusion scale? It looks in scale to me...

You say it looks in scale? Then the illusion is working because non of these standard hull ships are in scale with the LEGO minifigs. I think it was a term I made up some time ago...

But you are very right about the ship, it's one in my personal top 10 of best minifig illusion scale ships ever made.

You say it looks in scale? Then the illusion is working because non of these standard hull ships are in scale with the LEGO minifigs. I think it was a term I made up some time ago...

But you are very right about the ship, it's one in my personal top 10 of best minifig illusion scale ships ever made.

I don't get how it's not in scale. Are you saying it's too small? I mean, the lanterns on a Lego ship are about the right size, actually. I imagine those schooners are pretty much in scale. Why isn't this ship?

Edited by Skulls_Eye_Schooner_Sailor

I don't get how it's not in scale. Are you saying it's too small? I mean, the lanterns on a Lego ship are about the right size, actually. I imagine those schooners are pretty much in scale. Why isn't this ship?

The Admiral's ship is a 74 gun warship, about the size of the Vasa. The beam on the Vasa is 38 feet. That would be 28 studs in scale, and prefab hulls are only 16 studs wide. This is where we run into trouble. :wink:

The Admiral's ship is a 74 gun warship, about the size of the Vasa. The beam on the Vasa is 38 feet. That would be 28 studs in scale, and prefab hulls are only 16 studs wide. This is where we run into trouble. :wink:

Oh, I see.

It's too bad Lego didn't make even wider hulls, or a way to expand them. Of course, you could always make hulls out of bricks. Have you ever seen that WWII British battleship online that this guy built? He used blue baseplates for the bottom! It's pretty awesome!