Christian

City 2010

I thought I might as well post this hear as well as anywhere.

Does anybody know what happened to that Big Ben set form about a year ago? We had pictures and everything, but LEGO asks everybody to remove them.

I would have thought that we would have at least heard about it officially by now, and I don't think that it was ever proven to be a fake.

Can anybody help me out?

I thought I might as well post this hear as well as anywhere....

Big Ben set?

I can safely say I have no idea what you're talking about :laugh:

Set 3177 was on my local TRU shelf today for $4.99 USD

Set 7206 was also there priced at $42.99 USD

Edited by ssgdave

Big Ben set?

I can safely say I have no idea what you're talking about :laugh:

Well, lets see...

It was like the the Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower. Here's the picture that New Right removed.

Doesn't really help, but proves that something existed at some point and time and that I'm not completely crazy.

Has anyone in the USA seen the lighting repair truck or the fuel tanker ? I would love to see a review of those, they are at the top of my shopping list !

Oh, by the way how can you have a monorail that has two tracks, would not that make it a dualrail eh ? :tongue:

Just joking.

So could that TRU exclusive be a light rail system, here in Adelaide we call it the Glenelg Tram, it's new rolling stock come from Germany, maybe that's what it might be.

glenelg-tram.jpg

This is a new Glenelg (Bay) tram.

What do you all think ?

I'd still prefer a monorail...unless Lego did some road with inbuilt tram tracks...

Edited by Matt Dawson

Look through Lego City 2010 on Google I found this posted on the 16th of this month on a DISboards written by MAH4546 - here is a quote from it.

QUOTE - Toys "R" Us will be selling a very cool exclusive (albeit expensive) City set that has nothing to do with emergency services, airplanes or a pizzeria. It will debut at the New York toy fair in February. It will be part of the June 2010 releases, and promises to be an amazing "flagship set." - UNQUOTE.

What do they mean 'flagship set' ?

This person seems to know a bit about it too.

What do you all think ?

That's true, in case you were in doubt about that. There was a poll quite some time ago.

... and another topic about it.

Flagship set means something like 'top of the (City) line'. Anyway: I hope it will be available through S@H, because we don't have TRU anymore here in The Netherlands. And I hope it will be option 2, although option 1 could bring an interesting set as well.

Edited by Rick

That's true, in case you were in doubt about that. There was a poll quite some time ago.

... and another topic about it.

Flagship set means something like 'top of the (City) line'. Anyway: I hope it will be available through S@H, because we don't have TRU anymore here in The Netherlands. And I hope it will be option 2, although option 1 could bring an interesting set as well.

Yes I voted for Truck Stop, but I think it's going to lean towards public transport though. But since we got a new fire station, maybe we might get a monster service station ?

Look through Lego City 2010 on Google I found this posted on the 16th of this month on a DISboards written by MAH4546 - here is a quote from it.

QUOTE - Toys "R" Us will be selling a very cool exclusive (albeit expensive) City set that has nothing to do with emergency services, airplanes or a pizzeria. It will debut at the New York toy fair in February. It will be part of the June 2010 releases, and promises to be an amazing "flagship set." - UNQUOTE.

What do they mean 'flagship set' ?

This person seems to know a bit about it too.

What do you all think ?

A "Flagship set" is any set that is the largest of the line or sub-theme, for example Police has the Police Headquarters, Traffic has the Garage, Fire has the new station, Construction has the Construction Site, Trains has the CARGO train, CARGO has the Cargo Airplane, etc.

"Albeit expensive"? I hope it is not as large amount of money as the Grand Carousel (which costs the same as a Nintendo Wii before the $199 USD discount), because that will seriously hinder my options for other sets. :cry_sad:

I don't know about the truck stop, all of the trucks have been or are going to be released. Even the LEGO one, but LEGO's official truck only had a cab. I think I remember a time when they were giving them away with any order over $100.00 USD. Anyway, since the Tanker is already confirmed, and the fact that the Transport truck was released a year ago, there is little room for new trucks to accompany a truck stop set, so I don't see that happening until the Tanker and Truck with Forklift is discontinued [The LEGO cab was discontinued a long time ago]. On the other hand, in the Public Transportation option there is a concept drawing of the City Corner bus, so I have a trickle of doubt about getting a monorail. However, those Indy rails with the slopes and other special pieces of track support four-wide trains, so I think there is a slight possibility to get an elevated train next year. Albeit that, there is another doubt that I have: The current train motor, according to LEGO train third-party publications, is too weak to climb that steep of an incline, never mind the fact that it doesn't properly fit on the rails in the first place. :sceptic:

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

Thank you very much for this information, lightningtiger! :classic:

It's great to hear that we'll see the TRU Exclusive been unveiled already in the middle of February! :thumbup:

"Flagship set" - so we will be getting a pirates ship for the City theme?! :tongue:

Now seriously:

"Flagship set" gives us a hint that it surely will be something very special. Of course a city square would be somthing very special, too - I personally would even prefer it over an elevated train - but I think that the majority of City fans would prefer an elevated train. And since an elevated train is in such a big demand mainly among us AFOLs it would be a "flagship set" if we get one.

Plus the words "albeit exlusive" are imo a sign that it will be more than 150 Euros. The awesome 10184 was 150 - so most of us would expect the same price for the upcomming TRU Exclusive, too. That it will supposably be more is imo a sign that it won't be the City Square option which imo could been designed for 150 Euros.

I don't know about the truck stop, all of the trucks have been or are going to be released. Even the LEGO one, but LEGO's official truck only had a cab. I think I remember a time when they were giving them away with any order over $100.00 USD. Anyway, since the Tanker is already confirmed, and the fact that the Transport truck was released a year ago, there is little room for new trucks to accompany a truck stop set, so I don't see that happening until the Tanker and Truck with Forklift is discontinued [The LEGO cab was discontinued a long time ago]. On the other hand, in the Public Transportation option there is a concept drawing of the City Corner bus, so I have a trickle of doubt about getting a monorail. However, those Indy rails with the slopes and other special pieces of track support four-wide trains, so I think there is a slight possibility to get an elevated train next year. Albeit that, there is another doubt that I have: The current train motor, according to LEGO train third-party publications, is too weak to climb that steep of an incline, never mind the fact that it doesn't properly fit on the rails in the first place. :sceptic:

I totally agree with you that surely the Truck Stop didn't make it, Legoliner Pilot.

As for a possible elevated train set as the TRU Exclusive:

1. An elevated train would surely look similar to the Airport Shuttle - but in comparison to the monorail system it would not drice up and down but stay at one level - so there is not such a powerful motor needed.

2. I remember that someone stated earlier that if we get an elevated train as the TRU Exclusive it won't include a motor.

3. Since this set supposably will be more than 150 Euros it's not excluded that TLG did design some extra pieces - maybe even extra tracks for it.

4. Fact is that the IJ rail on which carriages can drive up and down is too small for a regular train carriage - it would fall out of the track. And besides that I highly doubt that TLG will release an elevated train in 4 stuck wide - I bet that they will design it 6 stuck wide.

Btw: Although I doubt that, too, but: Since our source says "albeit expensive": Who does know that we won't get a combination of City Sqaure and Public Transportation Center - e. g. an elevated train with two small stations, a hamburger stall, a taxi station and a hotel ( :wub: )?!

Klaus-Dieter

Toys R Us recieved shipments of 3179 - Repair Truck this weekend. Retails for $14.99, but since it is 25% today through December 24th, so $11.24.

Toys R Us recieved shipments of 3179 - Repair Truck this weekend. Retails for $14.99, but since it is 25% today through December 24th, so $11.24.

Lucky for people living in the US, Australia has to wait until Feburary the that truck :hmpf_bad: , the tanker :hmpf_bad: , and no idea at all about the fire station and the rest of the fire fighting gear :hmpf_bad: X2.

Unless a retail chain in Oz gets some gear early we all have to wait or hope for S@H, Bricklink, etc.,.

Just checked USA TRU website, and found these for sale:

Sea plane - $8.99 USD

Lighting Repair - $11.24 USD

Apple Tree House: $46.99 USD

All in stock, all of them marked down in price.

I found this set at a Wal Mart in Oshkosh WI this weekend for $12.99. So it appears to be a case of TRU pricing at higher than MSRP.

Just checked USA TRU website, and found these for sale:

Apple Tree House: $46.99 USD

All in stock, all of them marked down in price.

That's actually $2.00 higher than MSRP. I bought it last weekend at TRU For $44.99

I found this set at a Wal Mart in Oshkosh WI this weekend for $12.99. So it appears to be a case of TRU pricing at higher than MSRP.

Some TRU stores are selling it for $12.99.

Toys R Us pricing varies by store - they discriminate based on income of the surroundings. Hence in Los Angeles I can go to the Toys R Us in La Cienega that serves Beverly Hills and the LEGO City construction set site is $119.99, but a Toys R Us in East Los Angeles has it for $99.99.

Some TRU stores are selling it for $12.99.

Toys R Us pricing varies by store - they discriminate based on income of the surroundings. Hence in Los Angeles I can go to the Toys R Us in La Cienega that serves Beverly Hills and the LEGO City construction set site is $119.99, but a Toys R Us in East Los Angeles has it for $99.99.

Ah, it doesn't matter what country but retailers around the world are the same, you will especially when it comes to high income areas or a major shopping centres like a Westfield - prices don't always match store to store.

Here in Australia, all the major chains (including Toys R Us) all charge exactly the same for a given item no matter which of their stores you are in.

The main place I have seen where chains charge differently depending on which store you are in is with supermarkets.

Here in Australia, all the major chains (including Toys R Us) all charge exactly the same for a given item no matter which of their stores you are in.

The main place I have seen where chains charge differently depending on which store you are in is with supermarkets.

Not just supermarkets 'Jonwil' but stores like 'Kmart' if they are in a Westfield complex.

Back on topic - since the US has the repair truck, how about the fuel tanker has anyone seen it yet in the US ?

Back on topic - since the US has the repair truck, how about the fuel tanker has anyone seen it yet in the US ?

I believe that the tanker is a March release, though I could be wrong.

I believe that the tanker is a March release, though I could be wrong.

... I guess because it's part of the airport line. In the German catalog it says they're April releases, but the 'Smart' and the repair truck are on the same page too. :sceptic:

... I guess because it's part of the airport line. In the German catalog it says they're April releases, but the 'Smart' and the repair truck are on the same page too. :sceptic:

Maybe they built as a fuel tanker for the planes, so they want to release it with them?

Maybe they built as a fuel tanker for the planes, so they want to release it with them?

Odd, this is an aircraft refueller at an international airport with underground tanks.

800px-Airbus_A321-231_-_British_Airways_-_G-EUXH_-_EHAM_(5).jpg

Anyway, most refuelers I've seen the tanks are half that size, so I'll use this one for my service stations instead.

Bysides they should use the tap 4599.gif instead of the reintroduction of the molded hose piece to look like it locks into the fuel inlet like on a real plane.