CP5670

Joint Transport Facility

A joint venture from several classic space factions to form a unified monorail layout, consisting of a mix of official sets, modified official sets and custom creations.

Entire layout: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141514326@N04/albums/72157679091445758jtf002.jpg

Transfer Center: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141514326@N04/albums/72157703788898952tc-small.jpg

Uranium Processing Plant: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141514326@N04/albums/72157679091626448upp-small.jpg

Monorail service complex: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141514326@N04/albums/72157714844908156msc-small.jpg

Monorail Power Station: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141514326@N04/albums/72157705706365181mps-small.jpg

Artifact Research Hub: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141514326@N04/albums/72157703788848162arh-small.jpg

Edited by CP5670

Very cool.

My only nitpick is that the power station looks a little rough. I'd suggest putting some tiles on the exposed studs of the window to look a little more like the research hub.

Thanks for the comments.

I can't wait to see it progress as it is a WIP

The setup as a whole is a WIP that I will keep adding to, although the bases and other stuff I posted are more or less complete. This is sort of a Space equivalent of the town layouts people post in the City/Train forum. :classic:

My only nitpick is that the power station looks a little rough. I'd suggest putting some tiles on the exposed studs of the window to look a little more like the research hub.

That's a good idea, if you are referring to the studded plates on the roof (in front of the moving platform). In general, I like to keep studs visible and maintain a balance between studded and studless construction, but in that spot tiles would fit in better with the smooth look of the dome as you say.

An impressive layout. I'm looking forward to seeing you expanding this and adding even more track.

BUMP

I built another station for this over the last week or two, and added a motor on the Explorien radar array. Here's a video of the latter.

The pictures of the whole layout are now outdated, but I will be adding one more station and a bit more track soon, so I'll just update them when everything is finished.

Oh, this is like I died and went to Futuron / Explorien heaven. Great flashback for 90's era Space.

How many monorail sets are needed for that amount of tracks? Or did they sell tracks standalone back then? I forget if I ever knew.

Looking forward to more.

I like the new additions. Everything seems very well designed/logical and the amount of functionality is marvelous.

Thanks for sharing. Hope to keep seeing updates.

Nice - clean - very classic 90's space 'CP5670' - can't wait to see more pictures of your next additions. :sweet:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks, guys. :classic:

How many monorail sets are needed for that amount of tracks? Or did they sell tracks standalone back then? I forget if I ever knew.

There were in fact some track packs. This setup consists of track from 6990, 6991, 6921 (track pack), a second incomplete 6991 and some switches I got off Bricklink. I've got another 6990 I haven't opened yet, so I plan to add the stuff from that to it at some point.

All of these sets came out during my dark ages but I am very jealous of all the sets you have and the layout as well! This looks like you put a lot of hard work into it and it is much appreciated. Please put more pics up when you have it completed!

BUMP

The JTF layout now has another addition. This station is a bit larger and more elaborate than the others. Check out the short conveyor video.

This was the last station module I had originally planned, but I've got some more ideas now for expanding the layout further, and I still need to add the remaining track I have. This is going to be a never ending project at this rate. :tongue:

Looks cool! :thumbup:

I like the trans neon - but they`re begging for some lifelites :grin:

Looks cool! :thumbup:

I like the trans neon - but they`re begging for some lifelites :grin:

Thanks. I need to get some of those lights. They would look especially nice on the laser fence if I can figure out how to stick them in there.

Thats a cool adddition.

I'd love to get hold of some of those hoses but am struggling to find them on bricklink, any idea what they're called?

They are called "hose, ribbed 7mm D" on there. They were originally introduced in Technic and are most often seen there, but also appear in many other themes these days.

Thank you. I've been trying to strike a balance between adding fine details to these models and still preserving the look and feel of the original themes.

Bumping this old thread. I added one more station to this layout after many years, the monorail service complex, and updated the original post.

Thanks, I've kept the stations around over the years, and put together the layout whenever I have some new ideas for it. :classic: