Since I am thinking of rebuilding this truck into the newer version, I am going to open topic about this, first version of it:

I do not know exactly which model and manufacturer is it, I just have 1/50 or so metal scale model all the way from the childhood, which I like very much.

It has PF battery box and receiver hiden beneath the flatbed, and two M motors for drive (1/9 reduction) and steer (same)

Since PF receiver is hidden by the flatbed, it can easily loose signal from remote, in first test on kitchen table was disaster, truck fell off the table...

1.jpg

amd5.jpg

amd4.jpg

New version should be slightly larger, with better wheels (these are too fat), and smoother shape.

And speed variable remote control will control it, yay!

Very cool. I like what you have as a base to start with. Are you planing on adding suspension? Maybe stakes on the sides would also help modernise it as well. Maybe you can incorporate the receivers at the base of the cab right in front of the flat bed for better reception?

Since I am thinking of rebuilding this truck into the newer version, I am going to open topic about this, first version of it:

I do not know exactly which model and manufacturer is it, I just have 1/50 or so metal scale model all the way from the childhood, which I like very much.

It has PF battery box and receiver hiden beneath the flatbed, and two M motors for drive (1/9 reduction) and steer (same)

Since PF receiver is hidden by the flatbed, it can easily loose signal from remote, in first test on kitchen table was disaster, truck fell off the table...

New version should be slightly larger, with better wheels (these are too fat), and smoother shape.

And speed variable remote control will control it, yay!

This is already very nice. I agree that the tyres are a bit fat, but most LEGO Tyres tend to be that way. I like MOCs that combine good looks with functionality and I'm curious to see where you go from here. Have you considered moving the IR receiver into the cab? It'll not be as visible as having it sit in the roof, for instance, but it'll more likely pick up the signal from the IR remote than now.

Cheers,

Ralph

Very cool. I like what you have as a base to start with. Are you planing on adding suspension? Maybe stakes on the sides would also help modernise it as well. Maybe you can incorporate the receivers at the base of the cab right in front of the flat bed for better reception?

Thanks,

I will try to add suspension, and for receiver I was thinking to put it at the back of the cabin, so it sticks of the black roof just to allow sensor to be out.

This is already very nice. I agree that the tyres are a bit fat, but most LEGO Tyres tend to be that way. I like MOCs that combine good looks with functionality and I'm curious to see where you go from here. Have you considered moving the IR receiver into the cab? It'll not be as visible as having it sit in the roof, for instance, but it'll more likely pick up the signal from the IR remote than now.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks,

Yeah, that idea for receiver would be used. As for the wheels, I think it will look just nice, they will be shipped tomorrow. I will also use more sloped bricks in the hood design.

It looks to be a late 1920's model Chevy Flatbed, if I'm not mistaken. (Maybe 1928?)

A very nice build, it has a very realistic feel to it. :thumbup:

The fenders (Wheel wells, or mudguards to some) though, look a little odd with those plates upside-down. If you could, I would recommend flipping them over and making them a little more smooth on the newer model.

Edited by booger540

Nice build! It looks very real. I very much like your use of plates on the construction of the front end and hood.

Thanks, I am trying to improve it further bu adding curved slopes, it looks good, but it is still in experimental phase. It will house M or XL motor for drive.

It looks to be a late 1920's model Chevy Flatbed, if I'm not mistaken. (Maybe 1928?)

A very nice build, it has a very realistic feel to it. :thumbup:

The fenders (Wheel wells, or mudfguards to some) though, look a little odd with those plates upside-down. If you could, I would recommend flipping them over and making them a little more smooth on the newer model.

You are right, but that was the only way to create smooth semi circle around the tires, there are no hinges connecting those plates.

on new version I am planing to use click hinges and lots of 1x2 tiles, it looks good, i will wait for your judgement, guys!