Sign in to follow this  
Palin Jax

TIE series Command Pod redesign.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Salutations!

I have been trying to make a definitive redesign of my own TIE command pod design over the last several months for my TIE RUMOR program, mainly to begin redesigning all of my custom fleet to match those standardizing ques. With all of the incarnation and new releases of the TIE series pod, Lego has been unsuccessful at capturing one of the key elements, the distinction if you will, of a TIE fighter and all it's variants. It is quite easy to build an X-wing or Delta 7b because all of these craft follow angular keys easily met by most standard brinks, although a few newer brink have been invented to follow a more distinctive trait. It surprises me that no one at Lego has thought to actual build a spherical pod. Most variants of the TIE series are wing redesigns, hence the reasoning for calling them all by the moniker arbitrative TIE.

And now to the point. Lego should design 4 new half spherical mating bricks, 1X2 and 2X2 or 2X3 concave brick elements with matching concave inverses, to better reach the desired spherical pod effect. Since these elements could be used in a whole host of other applications, this would be a no brainer for the guru's of the geriatric plastic. Also, the front facial clear 6X6 brick with TIE windshield redesign would also be required to match. Another area of consideration would be a new hinge piece strong enough to withstand opening without constantly snapping off. I would like a TIE that could be hung in an under-pylon carrying harness so it would look more authentic. Thoughts?

Those ideas sound great, Palin Jax! Even thought I only understood half of those words, (moniker arbitrative, geriatric, pylon, :wacko: ) I think I got what you were trying to say. As I'm not a big fan of the TIE fighter, I'm not sure how much a more accurate design would influence me to buy one, but I do understand how someone as yourself would greatly appreciate the change.