Sign in to follow this  
martinsuper

Port Defiance

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 88b

Since Im cooling my jets a little for this year. Here is my progress so far on my port. Its about 20% complete. I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures, I'll have better pics and more pics up next week.

-Super

Port Entrance, Lighthouse, and walk way.

3799520866_38c17f65db_b.jpg

Fort St. Kendra #2 and some dockage.

3798704687_ab8ab7b6d8_b.jpg

Inside View

3799522528_26b790ef2a_b.jpg

Awesome. That light house is huge and that high walkway is neat. I'll have to spend some more time looking at the details. I really like St. Kendra all spread out like that (sorry I could resist wording it that way... :devil: )

Cooling your jets? We'll still see you around here though yeah?

Cooling your jets? We'll still see you around here though yeah?

Oh, not from the forum, from buying parts. I hit my budget for this year. I probably ordered about 2,500 little barrels and Im out of them. I'm going to go work on some lighting and get some better pictures.

-Super

Im glad your Bluecoats have checkered the fort so we know where to fire.

Can't you afford lights? :pir_laugh2:

Im glad your Bluecoats have checkered the fort so we know where to fire.

Can't you afford lights? :pir_laugh2:

Such an angry young lad. Maybe one day you can smile. Maybe...

Such an angry young lad. Maybe one day you can smile. Maybe...

As I said, I believe this is getting a personal attacks... :pir-sceptic:

As I said, I believe this is getting a personal attacks... :pir-sceptic:

Joey, alright man. Not another word from me. You ask if I can afford lights, and I said your mad. Thats it man. Its all in jest. All Im saying is that you are "there" for every MOC explaining why whatever happened "didn't happen".

Thats cool. I just wanted to give some back. I won't mention it anymore. It isn't a personal attack, its just fun.

I am truly sorry. Thats the end of it.

-Super

That is quite a nice port, Martin! The boardwalk looks good, Fort St. Kendra looks great, and that lighthouse really looks fantastic! I'm not sure I like it's hight, and it's walkway, however, :look: but that doesn't matter. Have you ever made a ship?

Edited by Admiral M

That is quite a nice port, Martin! The boardwalk looks good, Fort St. Kendra looks great, and that lighthouse really looks fantastic! I'm not sure I like it's hight, however, :look: but that doesn't matter. Have you ever made a ship?

Thanks!. I wanted the lighthouse to look "overly" large. If you look closer, it doesnt have a light, its actually a big fire. I did this because I was imspired by the Great Lighthouse of Alexandria.

I have not made a ship yet, even though I have been really anxious to do so. The reason is because I really want to get the port done first, and I have been focusing my time, money, and energies on that task. This winter when I'm bored, I will begin work on a ship. I have just always been more of a building builder.

-Super

Wow. That is amazing. I am really impressed with the amount of detail and the sheer size of this thing.

Ok, here are some more pics.

For a little more detail, my dad and I built a table that was 4'X8'. I then put down two layers of primer, and two layers of color matched blue paint. I used a blue baseplate and had menards color match the paint for me.

Here is a good look of the table and the port combined without ships:

3799723774_8cd4c66814_b.jpg

Behind the port. Thats not dust on the docks, its sunshine from outside.

3798906541_3a6577468d_b.jpg

This is a better look of the boardwalk.

3799725272_98c273f5d4_b.jpg

A lot of little brown barrels.

3798907249_37c21e1d9a_b.jpg

Sabre Island's new life.

3798906859_40b026501b_b.jpg

The painters are fixing the lighthouse. A good look at the catwalk.

3798905431_392f05537d_b.jpg

Catwalk

3799722656_b82bf55698_b.jpg

This is cool. I like the HUGE docks. The guy painting over the stones is great. I think the fort should be bigger though, so it can blast more attacking ships out of the water. I also think that you should buy more gray slopes because the dark gray and light gray pattern looks a bit cartoonish. I think all light grey would look better. Are you going to add more to the port?

I also think that you should buy more gray slopes because the dark gray and light gray pattern looks a bit cartoonish. I think all light grey would look better. Are you going to add more to the port?

Yeah, eventaully I am going to replace all of them with dark gray slopes. Its just hard to find THAT much 75 you know? You cant do light gray, because the 75 degree corners in ligh gray are $10 EACH!!!!!

The port is going to expand a lot. This is just what I have done so far.

-Super

You cant do light gray, because the 75 degree corners in ligh gray are $10 EACH!!!!!

Eeek... that's hefty.

I like your port, indeed my only suggestion would be to get rid of the checkered pattern... I like how you've integrated Sabre Island.

This looks amazing! Such a large port and so many ships and soldiers!

Well done mate :thumbup: , and keep up the good work.

That's only 20% now?? Wow, very impressive! :pir-oh:

It will get gigantic, thundering! I'm looking forward to see full 100%!! :classic:

You'd better be careful, I see a couple of Redcoat ships approaching your port! :pir-laugh: Great work Martin, I wish I had enough bricks for something like this. :thumbup:

Oh yeah that is sweet! Awesome work Martin!

I love the bridge connecting the lighthouse to the land, great design. It may use some more details though.

The large docks are also great, I like the barrel-built poles! That are a lot of barrels... :pir-wub:

Since it's a WIP it isn't even finished yet! 20%? Wow... the finished product will be incredible!

Well Martin, I wish you all the best with your port! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot guys! As for smaller details, I want to get the whole structure in place first, and then start taking stuff apart and making it more detailed. I feel I will be working on this for years.

The biggest challenge is incorportating old sets into the larger harbor, I will show more pics of that soon,

-Super

Thats one big port! Its looking very good so far with some nice ideas. I like the docks, big and spacious. Lovely big lighthouse, although that makes it an easy target for my pirates' cannonfire :pir_laugh2: . I seriously need to embark on a big port project. Keep up the good work!

I love looking at big mocs like this...I hope you are battling with those forts, that would be alot of fun.

The aditional pictures are great. I just love the massive docks. I have something like that envisioned for my port but I had never imagined it on that scale. It looks so darn good. If you ever get to changing around your fort you ought to give the 1 x 2 leaning back wall method a try. I used it on all five of my main batteries and it turned out great. 1 x 2 are so much cheaper and easier to get than all those 75 degree slopes....then you can use all those slopes for rocks and cliffs. Can't wait to see more! You and I are going to be going on and on about our ports for year's indeed!

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker