Yoshi648

Lego Island Models

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I'm sure many people here have played the PC game Lego Island. For those of you who haven't it was LEGO's first attempt at making a digital game. It was originally released in 1997. The basic idea of the game is you get to pick one of five Lego characters and you get to explore Lego Island. There are things you can do like racing, delivering pizza, driving an amulance/towtruck, etc. While it was a basic game it was still very intertaining. Being a fan of this game I have decided to start a project to re-create all the buildings and vehicles seen in the game. While I don't have the parts (or funds) to make this in reality, I make them digitally. Someday I will make them real. I started this about 3 months ago and am currently working on it as a side-project along with my main one. These is what I have completed so far. Clicking on any image will take you to it's respective MOCPage where you can see alternate views, the original from the game, and even download the completed model in LDRAW. Enjoy

I also have created a list on BrickSet of all the sets that make an appearance in the game. Link

Edit: 11/15/2009 - After 3 months, I am going to start working on this project again. I have all of the vehicles done (will be uploaded soon) and I just have a few more buildings to go (the Information Center, Bank, Police Station, Pit Stop, and other 4 variants of the first house).

Buildings

Pizzeria

1241750307m_DISPLAY.jpg

Hospital

1242486981m_DISPLAY.jpg

Post Office

1241884967m_DISPLAY.jpg

Gas Station

1241884812m_DISPLAY.jpg

Super 2 Store

1250108343m_DISPLAY.jpg

House 1A

1258325940m_DISPLAY.jpg

House 1B

1258400084m_DISPLAY.jpg

House 1C

1258408695m_DISPLAY.jpg

House 1D

1259005879m_DISPLAY.jpg

House 1E

1259006275m_DISPLAY.jpg

House 2

1242520022m_DISPLAY.jpg

House 3

1250357461m_DISPLAY.jpg

Bleachers (Part of the Race Track)

1241750802m_DISPLAY.jpg

Life Guard Tower

1250102229m_DISPLAY.jpg

Jail

1250357493m_DISPLAY.jpg

Vehicles

Ambulance

1250047932m_DISPLAY.jpg

Helicopter

1250102907m_DISPLAY.jpg

Jeep

1258305261m_DISPLAY.jpg

Tow Truck

1250102929m_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Great Job, and good idea for a project. They look just as I remember them. I have the game, but had forgotten just how simple the game buildings are.

Anyone want their own LEGO Island CD?

I have all three games, the first one still actually works! I have also made some Digital LEGO Island models except I made them on the limited colors of LDD. I've made the Superstore and the town hallish place of LEGO Island, the Information Center. Except they cost an overpriced, ripoff fortune.

This is one of a nice project. Please carry on. I will use some of your decoded buildings in my town.

I added the Life Guard Tower, Super 2 Store, Tow Truck and Helicopter to my main post.

If possible, can someone please move this over to the LEGO Trains & Town forum? I think this would be more appropriate there. Thanks

Edited by Yoshi648

Wow this does bring back some fond memories, I remember loving this game as a kid and just being in awe of how big the island was. :sweet: Anyone remember the kart racing that went underground?

The models look great, back in the day I would try to build some of them but my collection was really limited so I could never really do any of them.

Excellent looking buildings! I am working on a LEGO Island MOC myself, though I've decided to include more modern buildings, such as the Police Headquarters from LEGO City last year. I've also incorperated Spongebob sets for Residential Buildings, the Chum Bucket for a mad scientist and a weapon testing lab, and the Krusty Krab as a stand in Beach Shack while I try to get funds as well to purchase parts for buildings.

I also used the Spongebot Bus and bus stop until I retired it for the new City Corner Bus.

Also, you can get the Police Helicopter and Tow Truck in a sets from the 90s.

But anyway, very well done building, exactly like LEGO Island.

Thanks so much for having these here, I had to make an account specifically to say this - I've been building these in real life but using the in-game models isn't always very easy. These pictures define the pieces a bit better, especially on the residential homes (my favorites), looking forward to more if you have more coming. =)

Being that it's so old those are very basic setups and probably wouldn't cost a whole lot to make in real life. The windows would be the only expensive part.

Hey, just bumping this thread to post that I am working on this project again. I have uploaded the first variation of the first house and the red jeep that appears multiple times throughout the island. I have all of the vehicles done (rest will be uploaded soon) and I just have a few more buildings to go (the Information Center, Bank, Police Station, Pit Stop, and other 4 variants of the first house).

I also have created a list on BrickSet of all the sets that make an appearance in the game. Link

Also, if anyone could move this over to the Trains & Town forum I would appreciate it.

Edited by Yoshi648

I'm sorry for what I'm guessing is a massive necropost, but I've had this thread bookmarked for the better part of a year and I've been building these sets as I go. I can't find any way to reach the original poster (and I can't see his profile), but if he can see this, were the other buildings ever created? Lego Island remains a big part of my childhood and one of my first ever computer games, and finding these models of the buildings from such a great game and using them to build my own has been a lot of fun. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping for such places as the Information Center to have been completed.

I'm sorry for what I'm guessing is a massive necropost, but I've had this thread bookmarked for the better part of a year and I've been building these sets as I go. I can't find any way to reach the original poster (and I can't see his profile), but if he can see this, were the other buildings ever created? Lego Island remains a big part of my childhood and one of my first ever computer games, and finding these models of the buildings from such a great game and using them to build my own has been a lot of fun. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping for such places as the Information Center to have been completed.

Well, you seem to be in luck. The member has been online recently. Once you get to a certain post count you can message them and view their profile also.

Yoshi, if you want, I can still move this thread, just say the word!

Hello, I am Paprika2215, and I have been directed to this topic by someone else on this forum. I realize that this topic has been asleep for a few years now, but I will post here regardless.

I am working on a very similar project: namely, I am building LEGO Island in LDD. Please click this link to proceed to my own topic for more info on my project.

I have a few questions about this topic. I will make it a list:

-- Firstly, what program did you use to make these LEGO models? Was it an earlier version of LDD?

-- Secondly, the links in the pictures don't work -- either they don't anymore, or they never did in the first place. They do direct me to MOCpages, but it then says that I tried to visit a page that doesn't exist. Therefore I cannot download the LDRAW files you mentioned, and I really need them for my own LEGO Island project.

-- Are you still working on this project, despite the fact that you haven't updated this topic in quite a while, and if so, when will you share the rest of your work?

-- If you aren't working on this project anymore, are you perhaps willing to share what you did

finish with me?

Those were all of my questions. If you can answer any of them, I would be much obliged! And hats off to you, for working on a project such as this -- it's good to know there are still LEGO Island out there!

Wow! I loved this game back in the day and it's nice to someone with enough passion and talent to undertake such a challenge. Have you/are you going to be adding interiors to the models?