Rating out of 5  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Rating out of 5

• 5 - Brilliant
    • 1 - Horrible

1733 & 1713 Shipwrecked Pirate

1713-1.jpg

My review

This set is merely an ecconomised version of 6234 Renegade's Raft and I don't find it very exciting at all. There isn't really anything clever about this set either and its design isn't anything new or innovative. The rafts in 6248 Volcano Island and 6296 Shipwrecked would make better standalone sets.

What's could be put to good use in a MOC... The mini-figure... A flag... An oar... An antenna... And that's it! This set is very disappointing as it lacks content, creativity and innovation. 1 star...

This raft is purely horrendous *sick*

The thing that bugs me is the floatation construction !!! Those parts are horrible and the colors are the same: horrible.

The only good thingis the MF and the flag !!!

what i like most about the pirate theme is that you get some many interesting things for only a few

Voted 2 - the set is as Sne said an easy way to acquire more pirates in a cheap and easy way. We don't see a lot of that lately. Tho that could have something to do with licenses as in SW, HP and the lot. I hope to see another 6 minifig set in Exo-Force.

KimT

Voted 2 - the set is as Sne said an easy way to acquire more pirates in a cheap and easy way. We don't see a lot of that lately. Tho that could have something to do with licenses as in SW, HP and the lot. I hope to see another 6 minifig set in Exo-Force.

KimT

You mean those little packs that came with 5-6 figures? Man, I loved those for space... (for some reason, I keep thinking 5...)

KimT

You mean those little packs that came with 5-6 figures? Man, I loved those for space... (for some reason, I keep thinking 5...)

Erhh... it may be 5 ... in fact I think You're right 5 :$

KimT

Considering this set was probably just a few dollars, it gave you a fig, flag, and a few extra pieces. Not too bad. I gave it a 3.

Phes, why don't you review a larger set - like the Imperial Trading Post, or Eldorado Fortress.

What happens is every 2 weeks PirateBricks.com has a set review, so all I do is copy and paste the review over to here. I don't choose the set you see, and I was waiting until I get a digital camera before I tackular the larger set. With these smaller sets one picture suffices quite nicely, but for the bigger sets I think it would be better to have more images.

I put a link to PirateBricks.com at the beginning of each review thread, linking the review thread here to the review thread there...

OK...there is nothing special with this set....

But I just LOVE IT... As it's my first pirate set,'cause of nostalgia I give it 8/10...

And that minfig is surelly usefull for any pirates-collector...and the flag,of course...

the raft can go in some construction...However,it's a shipwrecked pirate,maybe he improvised this

raft from floating remainigs of his on-tha-bottom-going-ship...

greetings from Serbia

Oh god what a boring set this is and it is so similiar to another set which was a lot better, but not that great a set itself. Why did the Lego Factory choose to make a set such as this, did think they really needed another small raft similiar to the one they had before? The pieces aren't really that useful for making other pirate creations from for there is so few of them and the minifig it has is so common and so boring.

The pirate is okay

The flag is okay, nice addition for a pirate base moc.

The raft...is terrible

The colours , same as the raft...terrible

It can't float at all!

3 stars: for the pirate, his flag and another oar...

I think the point of this set was a cheap way to add the black shirted pirate to your collection. Has a bonus flag and shark. Still not too good, if it had the sting ray and a few more weapons, along with brown parts instead or yellow, it would be awesome. (I have no rays 8-|) 2/5

3/5 Cheap way to add pirates . Otherwise the pieces are not all that useful.

Duke

2 of 5

I always thought the yellow cylinders represent dried bamboo. In wich case makes me bit less objectionable to the color scheme.

I'm somewhat certain I bought this set, though the limited memorability relates to its unremarkability.

It was likely inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

Not so special set, but it has no big <insert that tiresome argument> pieces and it is cheap, so it's is a great armybuilder.

I voted 3 *y* :)

A full 5 from me!

Sounds strange? I first got this when I was 3 and it added a whole 20% to my pirate figure collection! :'-) It's an armed guy with a flag: the two main features. An oar adds a point and the raft...it's nice for a quick play but when you've got a small collection, 8 yellow cannonballs is pure gold...literally!

I gave this 5, not so much for the parts, but for the great memories!

I always thought the yellow cylinders represent dried bamboo. In wich case makes me bit less objectionable to the color scheme.

I always thought the same! Brown for the whole raft would have been nice but that would have added too many colours to the theme...TLC would never have done that back in the Glory Days.

Slazza ;-)

Edited by Cap'n SlyOwl

It would of got a higher score had it of come with a rarer pirate and not just your average Joe! Also the raft is horrible, yellow!! C'mon, brown would of looked much better!

purely for nostalgic reasons though as this was one of the first pirate sets i got when i was a kid.

beeing crtical though the set itself would get a 2 because it's way to simple en the raft is horrible :-P

This set deserves nothing less than a 4/5 and I'm surprised pirate lego aficionado Phes would speak so illy of it as it truly represents the spirit of the pirates theme and 90's lego in general. This set is the ideal design for a small inexpensive set to se as an army builder or for kids to buy on impulse. The bad sets were the inumerable rock formations with pirate figs that TLG tried to pass off for sets.

pirate lookout(Yeah great lookout... The people look like ants from up here!

treasure surprise(not exactly a big surprise is it? I mean where the hell else is he going to hide that many coins on a 4x4 plate? with a square box on it)

barnacle bay(this is just a burp with some bricks slapped on. Sure it includes some figs but it certainly doesnt have a better design than the shipwrecked pirate.)

skeleton crew(AaaaaaaaaaaaH! Holy crap a skeleton!)

I would take a raft over those anyday. The raft is a little more creative than these vignettes of pirates stranded on islands and whatnot.