Sign in to follow this  
Apache

Battle MOC

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 87a

Aiyeeeeeee_by_lohmeierart.jpg

Click HERE for a view of almost the entire moc or see below.

attackontheFortress.jpg

And HERE for another

Well, I will admit, I stink at building. That is part of the reason I decided not to take up arms in the Blue v.s. Red battle coming. And I can't really decide which side I'm on. Maybe I'm a Spaniard deep down. It took me 4 hours to build a little moc today and get everything right and I realized I don't nearly have enough or the right kind of bricks, or the knowledge. I guess I spend to much time drawing and playing with the minifigs.

Edited by Phred

And I can't really decide which side I'm on. Maybe I'm a Spaniard deep down.

Long live the mighty Imperial Armada! :thumbup:

But two things...

1) MOCs should be posted in the Pirate MOC Forum.

2) Threads which a picture or two in the first post generally receive ore attention.

Very nice! and I see the Bluecoats are winning, Go Bluecoats!

I hope to see more :pir-classic:

Their not winning.

Look the the Right. Anyway, You do not know what lies below the mountain, We have waves and waves of armies waiting. :pir_laugh2:

Very nice! and I see the Bluecoats are winning, Go Bluecoats!

I hope to see more :pir-classic:

I agree with the general in the barrel, this shows that subconsciously you decided to be a bluecoat!

I agree with the general in the barrel, this shows that subconsciously you decided to be a bluecoat!

I think it looks great Apache! The photo edit work is real nice too.

I have to disgree. The Redcoats are attacking while the Bluecoats are forced to defend a fixed position. The Redcoats may sustain some heavy losses initially but as long as they press the attack home it Bluecoats are doomed.

Aw, jeez. "Redcoats are winning." "Bluecoats are winning." Can't we just focus on the entertaining MOC (:thumbup:)? I tire of this trivial nonsense.

Aw, jeez. "Redcoats are winning." "Bluecoats are winning." Can't we just focus on the entertaining MOC (:thumbup:)? I tire of this trivial nonsense.

If you tire of the nonsense, I would advise you not to have been a judge in the "Redcoat vs Bluecoat" contest... :pir-hmpf_bad::pir_laugh2:

Will we see a bigger version of this MOC Apache? Mabye see the whole Fort? :thumbup:

Phes, sorry....I don't know what I was thinking, I will make sure Mocs go in here from now on. I don't know how to make the link the small image, thanks for doing that for me.

I've added a link to pic of the larger moc. It's basically a facade. I got some new parts and figs and this is basically what happened. I need to get some more white pieces and I might try my hand at actually building a fort or port.

I like that you guys all have different views on who's winning, let me know if your opionions have changed once you've seen the larger picture. The Redcoats definately outnumber the blues, but the blues have the high ground and seem to be doing a pretty good job of picking off the leaders. But can that ram ball and powder fast enough to stop the the horde of british marines.

If you tire of the nonsense, I would advise you not to have been a judge in the "Redcoat vs Bluecoat" contest... :pir-hmpf_bad::pir_laugh2:

I tire of the pointless ramblings and insults that occur outside of the tournament and specific threads, as well as the spam present in the tournament threads.

But alas, I ramble on. I don't wish to plague this thread with off-topic discussion...

May I ask what program you used to create the smoke and fire effects? They really are a nice touch. :thumbup: I like the transparency.

I tire of the pointless ramblings and insults that occur outside of the tournament and specific threads, as well as the spam present in the tournament threads.

But alas, I ramble on. I don't wish to plague this thread with off-topic discussion...

May I ask what program you used to create the smoke and fire effects? They really are a nice touch. :thumbup: I like the transparency.

Well Adam... it is a fight between Red Coats and Blue Coats so your bound to have a little jawing back and forth :) I like it and counted on it :) and I have yet to decide who wins this little war, but I'm about to go finish it and will take a pic and post it.

It's just Adobe photoshop. I used the brush tool and turned the opacity to like 20 which made a foggy, misty look and then turned the opacity up a little bit each time untill I got an opaque white. Dont' know if you can adjust the opacity in paint.

That's awesome, and huge, great job Apache! :thumbup:

You sound like me, I can't decide which coat I like better either... they're both so cool. :pir-cry_happy:

Nice! I really wish I accually had at least some amount of soldiers, all I have is a gajillion harry potters. Anyway, that 's a nice little moc you got there. How long did it take you to make?

HK, thanks. Yeah, they are both cool. Although I feel bad for the Blue Coats because as soon as those Tic Tac Toes come to my town on Friday, they are going to be really, really, really outnumbered. Althouh I have 11 soldiers arsenals lying unopened right now in a bin, so maybe reinforcements won't arrive just yet.

Green A, thanks, it was fun. I actually wasn't planning on making a moc, just decided to build a playset so I could battle with the troops and after the fortress facade had been built I decided to set up the figures for a moc. It took 4 1/2 hours from the first brick on the baseplate to the airbrushing with photoshop.

I know, I have a bunch of civilians, potter, Johnny Thunders that just don't fit in. Hard to make soldiers out of them, but you could put some pirate wraps and a cutlass and they could pass for pirates for you soliders to kill.

I only had Sabre island, with 3 blue coats growing up and I remember having so much fun with just those three swabs. Imagination is the key.

HK, thanks. Yeah, they are both cool. Although I feel bad for the Blue Coats because as soon as those Tic Tac Toes come to my town on Friday, they are going to be really, really, really outnumbered. Althouh I have 11 soldiers arsenals lying unopened right now in a bin, so maybe reinforcements won't arrive just yet.

Green A, thanks, it was fun. I actually wasn't planning on making a moc, just decided to build a playset so I could battle with the troops and after the fortress facade had been built I decided to set up the figures for a moc. It took 4 1/2 hours from the first brick on the baseplate to the airbrushing with photoshop.

I know, I have a bunch of civilians, potter, Johnny Thunders that just don't fit in. Hard to make soldiers out of them, but you could put some pirate wraps and a cutlass and they could pass for pirates for you soliders to kill.

I only had Sabre island, with 3 blue coats growing up and I remember having so much fun with just those three swabs. Imagination is the key.

Thats very true.

Its the Age of a new begining, The Redcoats are being realeased by the masses!

Although the Bluecoats may come next year, they will only come in small sets... :pir_laugh2: