Sign in to follow this  
JCC1004

Ackabar's head

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I was looking ate Bricklink and saw this. How it's worded it sounds like this head is exclusive to Ackabar. I dont know if it's the same head as the Mon Calamari Officer. Please clear this up for me.

Thanks,

JCC1004

I'm pretty when it says it is modified, it means it is not a regular minifig head. :wink:

:wacko:

I'm talking about this and this.

I know, they are both the same heads. How does it's wording make it seem exclusive to Ackbar?

Ackbar's head looks darker.

Maybe it's just the lighting. I'm not really sure, though, seeing as I don't own the set. Such a ridiculous price, and yet I will still buy it for the figs. When I get it, I'll let you know if it's different.

Edited by Spyder

I know, they are both the same heads. How does it's wording make it seem exclusive to Ackbar?

Because it says its Ackbar's head specifically. Otherwise, its just a run of the mill (I wish :hmpf: ) Mon Calamari head.

Hope this helps. :wink:

Because it says its Ackbar's head specifically. Otherwise, its just a run of the mill (I wish :hmpf: ) Mon Calamari head.

Hope this helps. :wink:

It does help, thanks, but what exactly makes the head different, is it darker?

Edited by Spyder

I own the set, and the heads are identical in printing and colour.

The manuals also list the heads in the inventory as 2x part 4550782, NOT as separate pieces.

The manuals also list the heads in the inventory as 2x part 4550782, NOT as separate pieces.

Ha, I knew it all along! It's nice that they are both the same head so that you may have two Mon-Calamari. Thanks Svelte! :grin:

Mon Calamari Officer:

sw248.jpg

Admiral Ackbar:

sw247.jpg

It does look like one head is darker than the other.

Probably just a "glitch" as the head have the same lot number with TLC.

Mon Calamari Officer:

sw248.jpg

Admiral Ackbar:

sw247.jpg

It does look like one head is darker than the other.

Probably just a "glitch" as the head have the same lot number with TLC.

I think this is an optical illusion, as the darker body of Mon Calamari makes his head look lighter, as in the following example squares A and B are (supposedly) the same shade of grey:

optical-illusion.jpg

(with apologies to whomever I've borrowed this image from)

I think this is an optical illusion, as the darker body of Mon Calamari makes his head look lighter, as in the following example squares A and B are (supposedly) the same shade of grey:

optical-illusion.jpg

Are you sure they're the same shade? :sceptic:

YAY 2000th post

Maybe it is a misprint? :look: I doubt it, but considering mistakes they have made on packaging before....

Well that's that. Good to know there is no differance.

Apparently so! :wacko:

YAY 2000th post

Wow. 10th post, me.... :sick:

Yeah on paint I got a little part of a and b and they are the same color exactly.

snip:image

Wow. That just blew my mind. :wacko:

The two heads side by side, sans body:

calalmaricomposite.jpg

Similar but not identical shade. Kinda disproves my own theory; it's more likely that when the photgraphs were taken the camera adjusted the contrast for Akbar's white body, making his head look darker.

I've wasted a lot of time on this very minor point!! :classic:

optical-illusion.jpg

Sorry, this is off-topic but...

Wow. I thought that was a load of rubbish but I saved the image and moved the pieces around in MS Paint. The squares still looked different until they were right next to eachither and then I realised. I like optical illusions but they make me feel stupid!

post-2613-1249470213.jpg

Edited by chris_austin

Mon Calamari Officer:

sw248.jpg

Admiral Ackbar:

sw247.jpg

Thank you for providing these images.

If you'll notice, Ackbar has darker hands than Mon Calamari Officer, and since they have the same reddish-brown hands, the differences in lighting are just an optical illusion or a mistake in the photo-shoot.

YAY 2000th post

Probably in the original image and format. On my computer it goes from lighter to darker depending on the slightest angle of my screen.

I'm not exactly sure why we're still analyzing the pictures when Svelte actually owns the set and says they're identical. That's all the proof I need.

I think that Ackbar's head looking darker is the result of the photographer's, camera's, or other object's shadow, or a change or lack of lighting. It could be a mold color problem, but I doubt it since the hands on each figure are exactly the same (not all four hands, but both on each figure).