Sign in to follow this  
Monasti

The Legend Reborn

It looks like today's the day that Front goes to watch the movie. Can't wait to hear his feedback.

Yes, just came back from Billund.

We started out recieving our tickets at the main gate at Legoland, and me and two fellow part designers had a walk round the park, looking at all the displays (e.g. Norwegian city Bergen, L.A. and lots of Danish castles).

At 17:30 we went to the closed area, and had our sandwish and soda, and later popcorn, before we headed into the cinema. This was included in the ticket.

Keld K. Kristiansen was a guest too, as was quite a lot of kids, who was there with their parents. Most of the Bionicle core team was there, as was a lot of other Lego employees who had been part of the creation of the toys or the movie itself.

We then watched a Legends Return Video, with a Danish singer, featuring clips from the movie.

The movie was ok. Well I'm 40 and not the main target group, and watch maybe two movies on TV each year. I'm not a movie man, find watching movies boring.

Animation was great, rendering of characters was great, the blend between the characters and surroundings was less than great. The flow of the story was probably what is appropiate for kids. Not very complicated.

Battle scenes was plenty, absolutely dominating. Conversation scenes was shorter, including a lot of humor, and Kiina doing female moves. Quite funny.

The darker characters were avesome, Tuma was so mean and mighty, at least he thought highly of himself. Atakus, Skrall and Stronius was there to give the Glatorians a hard fight.

There were four Glatorians who had main roles in the movie, and several others with lesser roles.

The traitor got what he deserved.

I really enjoyed seeing these toys, the Bionicle 2009 line up, put on screen.

Front

Edited by Front

Sounds awesome. One question though, does Gresh fight mainly with his shield, or does he split them? Also, could you name some epic fights too? =P

Wow, thanks for all this info! Was one of these lesser Glatorian cameos from Malum, by any chance?

Spoiler'd my thoughts on Traitor.

Uh wait, Traitor got what he deserves... o.o

Don't spoil us, Front, but now it doesn't seem like Metus.

Metus gets his revenge on the Traitor... Huh.

And looking at the Bios on Bionicle.com, and seeing that the Traitor would have some large role in the movie...

Berix seems like the only one.

I'd like to see what Metus does to the traitor.

"WHY YOU LITTLE-"

-Uppercuts-

4 Glatorian:

Mata Nui, Ackar, Gresh and Kiina, that's obvious, but it's good to see that we get to see more. :D

Well, lucky you Front, hope you enjoyed it!

[-TA-]

Man, sounds good. I really hope the traitor isn't Berix, though. I'm eightteen, but still looking forward to this movie. BTW, Front, have you seen the other three Bionicle films? If so, how would you say The Legend Reborn compares to them?

Stronius is in the movie? I didn't think he would be. Does he do anything notable?

Battle scenes was plenty, absolutely dominating. Conversation scenes was shorter, including a lot of humor, and Kiina doing female moves. Quite funny.

Lol, you mean like this?

Edited by jala12

Oh Front, Can you post a brief ressume of the movie including the main revelations please?

put it in spoiler mode. In my country is impossible to get the dvd for there is no distribuitor as with the other three movies.

I will be very happy if you make me that great favor.

Well if the DVD is unavailable in your country, I can tell about the movie after it is released.

You will probably be able to see bits of the movie on Bionicle.com

But the movie will be released in a LOT of countries.

And answering the question about comparing to the other three movies:

I have only seen short bits of these movies on youtube, but the old ones seem to be a lot of conversations etc. and not so action packed.

I can't judge the quality of storylines etc. between the movies. I simply don't know much about the Bionicle story, and certainly not what the first three movies were about story-wise.

Front

Edited by Front

Well if the DVD is unavailable in your country, I can tell about the movie after it is released.

You will probably be able to see bits of the movie on Bionicle.com

But the movie will be released in a LOT of countries.

Front

Including Argentina :grin: ?

Ackar vs. Strakk clip was amazing. Flat-out better than the first three combined. And that's, what, a minute long? I was blown away. Though sort of disappointed with the cloned Raanu Agori, Ackar's sword totally made up for it. And his voice? Perfect. Berix? I can live with it. Strakk? Too gruff. Kiina? Puked.

Forgot to ask; does Kiina's voice match her personality and actions in the movie?

Forgot to ask; does Kiina's voice match her personality and actions in the movie?

It certainly doesn't match her personality and actions in RoV, so I doubt it... unless they give her a personality overhaul. <_<

But yeah, I wanna hear an official take on this, Front. =P

Edited by -MZ-

Yeah... Tell us some more details Front, before you forget. Not the major things, but the little things.

BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn, I think, is going to be amazing.

Looking at the clips - wow, just wow. The CG quality is amazing, the movements are smooth, and altogether, it looks great.

The hi-res pics make it look awesome, and now that Front has seen it, I will definantly watch it. The darker characters sound awesome, Kiina sounds pretty humourous, and the fighting sounds great.

Front, you lucky man.

-ZotS

Including Argentina :grin: ?

I think so, but don't know.

Regarding the voices and how they match the characters:

I think it was a bit unwise to show clips of the actors speaking for the movie on bionicle.com, without at the same time showing the characters. It has resulted in fans thinking the voices don't match the movie characters at all. I actually think the voices added to the characters are very cool. They reinforce the impressions you get when you see them move around in the movie.

I thought so. In many voice acting sessions, the actors/actresses seem really stupid when you look at them and since there's nothing to compare to, the voices are automatically criticized. Yet, when the characters are shown onscreen talking and moving at the same time, it looks and sounds completely normal.

By the way, were those two really Stronious and Atakus or were they just generic enemies? Also, did they speak?

Edited by jala12

I think it was a bit unwise to show clips of the actors speaking for the movie on bionicle.com, without at the same time showing the characters. It has resulted in fans thinking the voices don't match the movie characters at all. I actually think the voices added to the characters are very cool. They reinforce the impressions you get when you see them move around in the movie.

I figured. I didn't think Kiina would just be standing there squirming and waving her finger off to the right.

A chance to see Kiina now talking and in action too. Clip #7, fight vs. Skopio.....

The animation looked very nice in that new clip. Kiina's voice works well, IMO.

Up to now the clips were all in order... but there's a big gap between this one and the one previous...

~Bunda

Not to mention the Bone Hunters attacking at the last second of this clip...

Ah...so they mention a "traitor" finally....(though we don't know who it is yet...for sure...as we can only suspect...)

LOL when Kiina mentions about talking to a bug... :laugh:

Yeah, that voice fits well.

Also WOOOOOOOOOOOOO SKOPIO.

But srsly, the "there must be a traitor" thing wasn't good to put in. >.>

Edited by Bfahome

Woah, I never thought I'd be saying this, but Kiina's voice sounds so much better when it's tied into actual animation. The "talking to an insect" line was LOL, and I really love the appearance of the Skopio and bone hunters. :thumbup:

Man, I'm convinced now that this movie is going to rock. Even if it's far from perfect, it's still shaping up to be better than anything before it. :classic:

Edit: Waitaminute, something's not right here. Kiina said that the Bone Hunters would not dare try to challenge three Glatoran - but if so, then why was one Bone Hunter able to mop the floor with Gresh, Tarix, and Strakk back in comic one? I smell a contradiction. :wacko:

Edited by Grevious

Woah, I never thought I'd be saying this, but Kiina's voice sounds so much better when it's tied into actual animation. The "talking to an insect" line was LOL, and I really love the appearance of the Skopio and bone hunters. :thumbup:

Man, I'm convinced now that this movie is going to rock. Even if it's far from perfect, it's still shaping up to be better than anything before it. :classic:

Edit: Waitaminute, something's not right here. Kiina said that the Bone Hunters would not dare try to challenge three Glatoran - but if so, then why was one Bone Hunter able to mop the floor with Gresh, Tarix, and Strakk back in comic one? I smell a contradiction. :wacko:

Well, Fero ran away and Strakk got trampled by Skirmix. So Fero didn't necessarily mop the floor with them. It also sound like Gresh was kicking some bone hunter butt before the Skrall joined in.

Edited by S-N

I just noticed... in this picture, you can see Telluris' arms... megafied... on the Skopio. It's like they melded him with the creature (design wise). O_o

~Bunda