Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo Hand

6242 add-ons

thindexedgif.gif Vig 83b

Hi all, I was working on some new add-on sets for the new pirate set 6242. So far there are 3 add on modules which I posted on my brickshelf account

Bigfort-640x480.JPG

dTower-640x480.JPG

6242 addons on Brickshelf

ALL have the same base as the modules from 6242, but unfortunately i could not find the propper wall panels since in MLCAD these panels are not yet added.

I did add in a few figures to show the size of the modules.

Nice! looks like the bakground for the new fort!

I used that idea indeed to create the big fort in the back, however I am not that happy yet with the design, so there will be a update!

the picture shown now are actually 3 modules instead of 1 big one.

UPDATE: I just finished a fourth module and this one is just uploaded! So the Bricklink link needs to be released again! Please keep checking!

The Brickshelf folder is not yet public and this seems to be a MOC.

You should probably deeplink at least one image and I'll move this thread to the Pirate MOC Forum in due time.

The Brickshelf folder is not yet public and this seems to be a MOC.

You should probably deeplink at least one image and I'll move this thread to the Pirate MOC Forum in due time.

I understand WHY it's still blanc. &!#$^@^$% Brickshelf decided to delete my pictures in that folder!

I am going to send right away a angry email to them since there was nothing wrong with those pictures!

Ill get them on my own website as soon as I can instead.

Yes, do contact them and inform of them situation but it wouldn't be advisable to send a scathing a message.

Yes, do contact them and inform of them situation but it wouldn't be advisable to send a scathing a message.

I sended the email just now, took a little longer thanks to the internet provider calling me about the complaints I had so far.

I'm going to try to get it on a special page and posted on my own website. ill keep you all posted!

looks like brickshelf is down again. all the pictures are dissapearing. maybe we should wait until they're back again.

Exactly. I had to blindlink* the TTT box pic.

* To blindlink: to write a link to an image hosted on Brickshelf while the image isn't availbale, basing on usual link structure, folder name and image name.

Update for my website is ready for upload, so it will be placed soon. Brickshelf is still acting weird tho.

-------------------------------------------

Aight, I uploaded the new pages with pictures etc. Please do visit!

The website is in 2 languages for this moment, English and Dutch!

(if anyone can translate to German or French, please do contact me!)

Ya know you're not making this very easy for people to view these images.

If you seriously want people to comment then post some images in the thread itself and then provide a clear and direct link the webpage where they can find more images. This should all be inside the first post otherwise people are going to view the thread, see nothing of interest and move on.

Ya know you're not making this very easy for people to view these images.

If you seriously want people to comment then post some images in the thread itself and then provide a clear and direct link the webpage where they can find more images. This should all be inside the first post otherwise people are going to view the thread, see nothing of interest and move on.

yeah, sorry, found a lot of things that needed to be updated. So kinda was occupied with that. :pir-tongue:

Okay, ill give the page in 2 languages:

project 6242 (Dutch)

Project 6242 (English)

Ow, I also noticed my Brickshelf is back up again!

Project 6242 (Brickshelf)

project 6242 promo1 (Deeplink)

Big Fortress - 1600x1200 (Deeplink)

Defends Tower - 1600x1200 (Deeplink)

Small Fort - 1600x1200 (Deeplink)

Small Drydock (Deeplink)

Ok, we're making some progress!

You really need to resize a picture down to about 640 x 480 and post it directly in the thread for best results, but I'll leave that with you.

Now this has been confirmed as a MOC I shall move it to the Pirate MOC sub-forum.

Ok, we're making some progress!

You really need to resize a picture down to about 640 x 480 and post it directly in the thread for best results, but I'll leave that with you.

Now this has been confirmed as a MOC I shall move it to the Pirate MOC sub-forum.

You had to ask huh, hehe. well okay then. But I not not get you quality pics since how smaller you make them, the worse they look:

Bigfort-640x480.JPG

dTower-640x480.JPG

fort-640x480.JPG

sdrydock-640x480.JPG

AND NOW! Something that I am working on right now!

Remember, this is just a test picture that helps me out working out the slight problems I have with the model at this time.

It is the Star-Fortress I was talking about, so far i completed 4 towers and 2 of the 6 middle parts for the main structure.

I am working currently on the 2 other corner parts which should be ready by end this week with a little luck.

The 2 middle parts left are the ones with doors and dock parts, this will be updated when I have done more work!

THIS IS THE FIRST PICTURE EVER AND NOT EVEN PLACED ON MY OWN WEBSITE YET!

BETA-SFort-sm.JPG

Yes, I am aware of the right part not fitting properly. As I said i am still working on it! :pir-tongue:

The part was added to see what I needed to do to get that fitting as well.

Those forts are great! I'd like to see them in real. :pir-blush:

The small drydock is neat as well, I might use that idea sometime.

Those forts are great! I'd like to see them in real. :pir-blush:

The small drydock is neat as well, I might use that idea sometime.

Unfortunately I do not have the money to buy more bricks :pir_bawling:

Anyhow, the instructions will be released as soon as I am finished with the entire project!

They will end up on my website as download, for easy usage. Containing both the MLCAD files as instructions in picture form!

holla heavy weapons!! :cannon:

There is no chance to capture the goods inside. :pir-sweet:

Well done

A quick calculation for the new fortress, it should end up with about 16 cannons on the same floor. Perhaps ill add some wheeled cannons on the bottom floor as well!

Quick Update: I am working on flags for MLCAD!

- Imperial Guard flags (holds 3 flags so far)

- Pirate Flags (so far 2 different flags, each 3 sizes)

For the trains I am finished with a nice pack with stickers as well, but ill create a post just for that soon!

I want to get the pirate flags completed first, then there are 3 sticker packs for MLCAD ready for download!

Great add-ons! With a fort like that, the set would go beyond a hundred dollars. Unless each one was sold separately.

Well, i sure would love to see something like this happen for real as well. although each model on it's own should be a seperate set, the new big fortress should be solde as 1 set instead of separate module sets.

If anyone has some ideas for other addiitions to this project, please do tell! I can see what i can do for you.

note: some parts are not yet added to the MLCAD library, so please be patient en know that not everything can be made as wished.

You had to ask huh, hehe. well okay then. But I not not get you quality pics since how smaller you make them, the worse they look

Just helping you get the most out of this thread laddie - a couple of pictures in the first post really helps grab people's attention and they'll be more enclined to actually read the thread.

The pictures you've resized are decent enough and I've put a couple in the first post to help you along.

I think this design is worthy of frontpage attention so I'll send word to the News Crew.

Wow, these are really sweet!! Are you going to make real versions of them? Mm I just got into the pirates theme, I would like to make some add-ons for the 6242 aswell for when I get it.. It would be nice if it had some instructions or something, so we can also make them, but that's up to you. :pir-classic:

Wow, these are really sweet!! Are you going to make real versions of them? Mm I just got into the pirates theme, I would like to make some add-ons for the 6242 aswell for when I get it.. It would be nice if it had some instructions or something, so we can also make them, but that's up to you. :pir-classic:

As i said in my previous posts, yes there will be instructions but only when im completely done.

And no, I will not make this for real since I do not have the bricks to do so nor the money to buy the bricks :pir_bawling:

I would however be honored if someone here did make these in real and post the pictures!

As i said in my previous posts, yes there will be instructions but only when im completely done.

And no, I will not make this for real since I do not have the bricks to do so nor the money to buy the bricks :pir_bawling:

I would however be honored if someone here did make these in real and post the pictures!

Possibly I may make them, but I think it will be just one of them as I'll have to order some of the pieces. [i don't have any white castle walls]

I'll let you know more about it if I decided to make one of them. :kahuka:

-General Magma