Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

1st Annual Redcoat VS. Bluecoat Tournament of Retribution

I agree I think we need to get the Tournament back on track so I propose (based on all the feedback) That the four remaining teams go again. Two Bluecoat Teams will face one another in one match and one Redcoat and one Bluecoat in another match. Zorro can randomly select who goes against which teams. I would also propose that we open the matches this Saturday the 5th and go for 8 days. Each member of each team will post one entry in this round - no alternating days (but lets try to spread them around so we aren't all waiting to the end or rushing on the first day to post - the back and forth is kinda fun). Work for you Zorro?

I agree I think we need to get the Tournament back on track so I propose (based on all the feedback) That the four remaining teams go again. Two Bluecoat Teams will face one another in one match and one Redcoat and one Bluecoat in another match. Zorro can randomly select who goes against which teams. I would also propose that we open the matches this Saturday the 5th and go for 8 days. Each member of each team will post one entry in this round - no alternating days (but lets try to spread them around so we aren't all waiting to the end or rushing on the first day to post - the back and forth is kinda fun). Work for you Zorro?

Yup.

There will be a massive Classic-Pirates contest launching 1st October, so this should ideally have wrapped up by then :pir-wink:

I have an idea of what this is going to be :pir-skull:

I vote for red vs blue and a blue vs blue semi final. I like the idea of not having an assigned day to post. (since we are having a holiday weekend here in the states).

I am also fine with the idea of turning 1 blue team into a black coat team if all the members of each team has the stuff to make black coats.

Hi!

Ist it possible for the losers :pir_bawling: to offer themselves as replacements in the winning teams? (Psst: Tell nobody - I don't mind the colours)

Regards, JanSued

Hi!

Ist it possible for the losers :pir_bawling: to offer themselves as replacements in the winning teams? (Psst: Tell nobody - I don't mind the colours)

Regards, JanSued

Thanks for the offer. So far I have heard back from everyone on my team except one person and they all want to continue in round 2. If he doesn't respond in the next couple days I will PM you and ask that you fill in but I will be surprised if he isn't available as he is usually a pretty active builder so we'll just have to wait and see. You did a great job in round 1 and any team I am sure would love to have you.

The winning team captains can ask anyone they want to to fill in for any vacancies that have opened up on their teams for round 2.

Yeah guys, sorry, but with work and everything else I had to remove myself. I sent Hornbricker a PM to let him know I was out.

Blue Thunder is ready to rock, bring it on! :pir_laugh2:

Yeah guys, sorry, but with work and everything else I had to remove myself. I sent Hornbricker a PM to let him know I was out.

That is really too bad. :pir-cry_sad:

or....maybe we should, let every team member pick one of the moc´s they postet and let the judges pick one final team that wins the whole thing, and then one personal champ among them all. and then get ready for the contest that starts the first of oct. :pir-sceptic:

Edited by frontbeast

or....maybe we should, let every team member pick one of the moc´s they postet and let the judges pick one final team that wins the whole thing, and then one personal champ among them all. and then get ready for the contest that starts the first of oct. :pir-sceptic:

Why don't you ask one of the losing team's members to join you? And make yourself captain? :pir_laugh2:

How much longer will this tournament be going for?

Untill all players made their post OR untill FRIDAY my time...we wanted to close it sooner but since neither of the fights are finished...

I believe one of them is finished now and in the other tournament we are just waiting for 1 more player. I'm not sure about this, but in that case I think it's better to wait for the last entry. Otherwise it might be a good idea to pm the last player so they will post their entries.

As soon as the judges vote I can create two topics. One for members to vote on a Redcoat MVP and one for them to vote on the Bluecoat MVP. I have the two Soldier's Forts that will serve as the prizes so I think we'll let people vote for a week then the winner can PM their address to me and I'll put them in the mail.

Any thoughts on how that voting should work? Should it be points based like other contest votes have been or just one vote per person in each topic?

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

As soon as the judges vote I can create two topics. One for members to vote on a Redcoat MVP and one for them to vote on the Bluecoat MVP. I have the two Soldier's Forts that will serve as the prizes so I think we'll let people vote for a week then the winner can PM their address to me and I'll put them in the mail.

Any thoughts on how that voting should work? Should it be points based like other contest votes have been or just one vote per person in each topic?

Can you tell me or PM me how to proceed next involving the closure of the threads since I'm a bit confused having received multiple PMs about if from Judges, players....

Thanks! :pir-grin: