DKPirates-1 Brickmaster Pirates  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding!

I noticed a rather confusing thread on this item, actually information about this thing is indeed an old news, but opening a set and having a review probably is still new, considering that Amazon and the publisher themselves are only pre-selling it (to be released Aug 31?).

I don't think we need to argue whether it is a book or a set, I see it as both, a nicely printed instruction book with the actual bricks (over 140 pcs and 2 minifigs), and can be used to build a rich variety of models! And being able to come up with so many models with the same set of material is simply astonishing. I am not sure if it is related to the BrickMaster program (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=KBM27) or is this a new product line to be released in such format (while I believe that the later is more likely).

BrickMaster.Pirates.Page2.JPGBrickMaster.Pirates.PageN.JPGBrickMaster.Pirates.PageN2.JPG

Nice printed book that comes with a set of bricks

BrickMaster.Pirates.Parts.Sorted.JPG

Some nice parts

So here I am sharing one model that we can come up with the bricks, it looks really good:

BrickMasterPiratesFull2.JPGBrickMasterPiratesBadGuys1.JPG

One of the Model - Treasure Island

So the remaining factor on whether you would get this set would probably be...Pricing? I got it here at around USD 12.70, that's a good deal for me.

Review at my blog:

http://brickand.me/2009/07/27/LegoBrickMas...BuiltModel.aspx

Edited by Phred

This thread probably won't receive a great deal of attention unless you actually replicate the review in the thread.

And you're welcome to if you wish!

This thread probably won't receive a great deal of attention unless you actually replicate the review in the thread.

And you're welcome to if you wish!

ok, post edited

I see you've created two (or is that three) of the designs Parchioso. Is that because there is only enough bricks for two designs?

I see you've created two (or is that three) of the designs Parchioso. Is that because there is only enough bricks for two designs?

The same set of bricks can be used to build 6 different designs, and the book contains instructions for all the 6 designs.

I have just shown one, so, I use the bricks to come up with this (a design called Treasure Island)

BrickMasterPiratesFull2.JPG

and still have these left overs

BrickMasterPirates_LeftOvers.JPG

Try searching online bookshops.

I did it for Italy and found a couple of places that list both this one and its Castle counterpart (20 or 21 euros each, that's way too much).

Edit: amazon.com has it.