Sign in to follow this  
Cooper

MOC: Mint & Chocolate Boxcar

Coop: this is really clever. I absolutely love the color. It really does look like mint & chocolate. You could also call in the Andes Mint Express, or even the After 8.

The engine is equally impressive. I like the playful look that it has, but both the loco and the boxcar have fantastic detailing. Excellent creation! :thumbup:

EDIT: Does the boxcar open?

MMM...what a tasty treat! I love the color scheme and both the boxcar and your PRR 0-6-0T look great! I really like the boiler and driving rod design on the engine. I may have to...ahem...borrow the driving rod technique. :tongue:

Now for some reason...I am craving ice cream.

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Wonderful!

Now add this to it:

logo_after_eight.jpg

and your perfectly done! :grin:

EDIT: Does the boxcar open?

Unfortunately, no. I honestly am struggling with having an elegant way to get a brick built door to slide open.

I love the color scheme and both the boxcar and your PRR 0-6-0T look great! I really like the boiler and driving rod design on the engine. I may have to...ahem...borrow the driving rod technique. :tongue:

Feel free to borrow it, the drive rod technique using half plates is pretty common actually. BTW, for anyone that may not know yet, the wheels on the 0-6-0T are Big Ben Brick's Medium Drivers. Ben has some building hints on his site too

http://www.bigbenbricks.com/applications.html

Now add this to it:

logo_after_eight.jpg

and your perfectly done! :grin:

I honestly had never heard of After Eight until this thread. If they are imported into the U.S. I haven't noticed them yet. I'll have to keep an eye out. :classic: