Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

Staff are Staff

So I don't have to keep repeating myself, I'd like to remind everyone that the staff members (and Fellows in the Community forum) are the only members who should be reminding people of site rules. Posts like;

You're going to get banned!

I think you're a kid!

...are not wanted nor helpful. Most of the time it just annoys the member and makes everything worse. If you think someone is breaking site rules tell a staff member via PM or by using the "Report" button. One member being rude is not an excuse for you to be rude back. Also, if a moderator makes a request to a member it is not a call to arms for other members to join in. We step in if we feel someone is going too far, but kicking someone when they are down is just not on.

Are there exclusions to this? Sort of. Feel free to help new members if they are unsure of the site or do common mistakes like posting 2600x2324 images. However, once the point has been made there is no need for a chorus of "Resize your images!". Just remember to offer help, not order. :wink:

Feel free to reply to this if you're not clear. I won't bite.

Do you think we should be telling people to get back on topic?

Steering a topic back yourself is very helpful to us. If you feel a person needs to be told, please use the report button located in the lower left hand corner of any post. Thanks! :sweet:

Do you think we should be telling people to get back on topic?

Yes, same story... You can try to do so with out orders, but if that doesn't help then bother us.

Steering a topic back yourself is very helpful to us.

"Steering" is the key word. :wink:

Thanks for posting this.

Like I told Hinckley about a year ago, I was an admin at a different forum; however I left the forums about a year ago.

I as well was tired of so called "Junior Mods". More so when they yelled at the new members for doing something wrong. Anyway, like I said, this will be a great reference for all.

I've told some not to revive old threads, some have told me that. I am assuming that's okay after the topic I made right? If it's jun tell them, or if it's meaningful don't. I just don't want to do something that you don't like.

I've told some not to revive old threads, some have told me that. I am assuming that's okay after the topic I made right? If it's jun tell them, or if it's meaningful don't. I just don't want to do something that you don't like.

As I told you in that topic, that's the staff's job. No need to tell other members what to do. Please use the report button. Thanks.

As I told you in that topic, that's the staff's job. No need to tell other members what to do. Please use the report button. Thanks.

Sorry I didn't see that until after I posted this.

Sorry I didn't see that until after I posted this.
So I don't have to keep repeating myself

...and that's why I created this topic! :tongue: I'm sick of making the same post!

In all my time here, I've never even noticed the report button. Could someone please explain to me what it does?

Thanks!

> Click button

> Write whatever you'd like to report

> All staff members are notified about it and will look into the matter.

In all my time here, I've never even noticed the report button. Could someone please explain to me what it does?

Thanks!

From my experience on other forums, it sends the report by email to all moderators for that forum section. I get one or two of those emails every day from another place where I'm a moderator. :tongue:

First of all, the "Report" button is located under the profile of the person of every forum posts. In the event, you have found that this member is performing illegal and inconsiderate activity, click on the report button which the post was found under the member. File a report in there, and the Eurobricks Staff will take the necessary actions from there.

Thanks everyone! :wink: I will remember that for future reference!

Well... I guess this is directed at me. Sorry everyone! I'll stop mini-modding!

P.S. Can we please get someone to fill in for KimT while he mysteriously disappears every day so there's at least someone around to tell us to stay on track?

Well... I guess this is directed at me. Sorry everyone! I'll stop mini-modding!

P.S. Can we please get someone to fill in for KimT while he mysteriously disappears every day so there's at least someone around to tell us to stay on track?

I wouldn't worry about finding a fill in. Just use the report button, and if the staff sees it as necessary, they will intervene. As was said, the report button goes to multiple staff, not just one.

I wouldn't worry about finding a fill in. Just use the report button, and if the staff sees it as necessary, they will intervene. As was said, the report button goes to multiple staff, not just one.

I have an even better idea: every SW Forum afficionados shoud take a voice-recorder, set their most persuasive voice, and record the phrase 'Stay on topic', then play it in continuous loop while they browse the Forum.

Let me know how it works... from afar :grin:

LuxorV

I have an even better idea: every SW Forum afficionados shoud take a voice-recorder, set their most persuasive voice, and record the phrase 'Stay on topic', then play it in continuous loop while they browse the Forum.

Let me know how it works... from afar :grin:

LuxorV

I really wish I could have one of those when in class or playing a strategy game to prevent people from going off on a tangent.