jansued

Review: 10197 Fire Brigade

I finally got my missing parts bag and finish my FB and like it a lot, except the tree. The tree looks pretty sad, maybe it needs more branches... I might take it out, put in the back, then put a fire hydrant in its spot on the sidewalk.

I only had a little bit of trouble with the '1932' part of the cornice. Some of it just won't stay aligned, it looks a little crooked. I am pretty particular about getting all the tiles square and aligned so it bothers me a little. Haha!

Since I got one of the sets that had the missing bag of parts, I realize now it must of got a batch of parts for some other set. A ton of the leftovers have nothing to do with the set. Add them to my spare parts bin.

^That same thing happened to me. There were a lot of random pieces, but free LEGO is free LEGO, even if you never use it again.

But for some reason in my set I had a lot of other random missing pieces, outside of the missing bag. It was weird.

I think the tree is a good idea, but poor execution. But you don't want to make it too bulky for how narrow the sidewalks are. I've been tinkering with some and I think I will continue to tinker.

Thanks for the review! I just got into Modular Buildings Series this year - currently, I have Police Station, Boutique Hotel, Jazz Club, Bookshop. Soon I will have the retired set, Downtown Diner, delivered.

I kinda regret missing out on this amazing Fire Brigade set - it’s already expensive in the secondary market, which I could not afford to get one, sadly. 

Personally, I would be ok with Lego either re-release this set (which it’s highly. Unlikely) or produce another new verison of fire station (I don’t know if it’s likely?). So I could have an oppounrity to add it to my city. 

On 6/26/2023 at 5:32 PM, Lion King said:

Thanks for the review! I just got into Modular Buildings Series this year - currently, I have Police Station, Boutique Hotel, Jazz Club, Bookshop. Soon I will have the retired set, Downtown Diner, delivered.

I kinda regret missing out on this amazing Fire Brigade set - it’s already expensive in the secondary market, which I could not afford to get one, sadly. 

Personally, I would be ok with Lego either re-release this set (which it’s highly. Unlikely) or produce another new verison of fire station (I don’t know if it’s likely?). So I could have an oppounrity to add it to my city. 

Just download the instructions, see what you are missing from your inventory (or can't do without) and bricklink what you need. If you are willing to do a minor recolor of rare and expensive parts, you can usually get the same look for an affordable price, and you can always keep your eyes open for if/when the missing pieces are re=released or become more affordable, or when you have some cash burning a hole and are ready to splurge. Unless the box is important to you, I see no advantage in holding out for a complete set at marked up prices.

On 6/27/2023 at 2:32 AM, Lion King said:

Reviving a topic that is kinda dead since 9 years (! *huh*) normally is something we warn you for :hmpf_bad: - but I do understand your arising questions when trying to get hold of retired sets.
Asking in a review thread still is not the best place.

For the next time please open a new topic for your requests. Thank you.