jansued

Review: 10197 Fire Brigade

As long as it fits through the door I can either have the back stick out through the doors (like you had to with 1980s fire stations! :tongue: ) or I'll rebuild it down from a 6 wheeler to a slightly shorter 4 wheeler.

Cheers

Rog

Hi there jansued! Thanks for the review!! rrigs, this is exactly what I'm going to do as well! The 1932 pump will stay, but be garaged at my main station for parades, etc, while a modern pump goes here to service the CBD as a first response. The station will probably be modernised as well, with a sat dish on top, maybe a TV inside somewhere...

worth every penny. and besides singapore won't see this again until next year - and that's a big if.

3829320502_15ebefb9a4_o.jpg

I hope for its release here in germany in early september. I expect the price to be 150 Euros. I can't wait to include it in the Market Green Cafe-Street...

I hope for its release here in germany in early september. I expect the price to be 150 Euros. I can't wait to include it in the Market Green Cafe-Street...

Same here :laugh:

It's available in The Netherlands. I've just ordered it and will get it on Thuesday. Can't wait :cry_happy:

I've received this set today and I am gonna build it tomorrow, looks very nice! :classic:

Edited by Bachus

Very cool, I have never even heard of this set. Looks like crappy fig's but a great set.

GGRRRHHH!!! €175 for Ireland compared to €150 for Germany. And that's aside from €15 shipping vs. €4.50. It's nearly enough to make one emigrate und nur Deutsch sprechen (actually there are plenty of serious issues that genuinely are an encouragement).

GGRRRHHH!!! €175 for Ireland compared to €150 for Germany. And that's aside from €15 shipping vs. €4.50. It's nearly enough to make one emigrate und nur Deutsch sprechen (actually there are plenty of serious issues that genuinely are an encouragement).

U.S. S@H has it for $150 (about 100 euros) and free shipping. Also pushing Green Grocer for $30 off at $120 (about 80 euros). The price differences between countries are amazing (and somewhat perplexing). Anyway, my order is going off today. Just have to decide on another Green Grocer or not (have 2 now).

That's a great layout you have! Do you have more pictures? The fire station is right where it's supposed to be (at the T-junction, so the fire fighters can immediately choose the right direction).

That's a great layout you have! Do you have more pictures? The fire station is right where it's supposed to be (at the T-junction, so the fire fighters can immediately choose the right direction).

Thanks, this is not my complete layout. My Eiffeltower didn't fit on this table. It was only put together to make these pics. I'll upload more pictures in the near future, as my new (bigger) table is ready...

I am definitely not a fan of this new building, but seeing it in your layout makes me doubt my opinion.

But maybe it is just your great looking layout, it is fabulous. :thumbup:

I also see some track in the front, so maybe you could give us a good overview when your new table is ready :)

Edited by aawsum

I am definitely not a fan of this new building, but seeing it in your layout makes me doubt my opinion.

But maybe it is just your great looking layout, it is fabulous. :thumbup:

I also see some track in the front, so maybe you could give us a good overview when your new table is ready :)

I will... I wasn't enthousiast either when I first saw this building. But it is really great! It has so much detail inside. I like it better than Cafe Corner.

Wow :cry_happy: , Thats a great lay-out! Shows that Lego needs to make more of these great buildings.

Any chance to up load larger versions of the pictures on Brickshelf?

Bachus,

That is a great looking layout even if it is temporary. The fires station fits in perfectly.

The pic with the cinema and pizza place in the distance make them look better integrated with the larger buildings than they do in real life (well, real Lego life). I also like how you used standard baseplates for the roads. They have a European cobblestone look that goes well with the buildings. I have no road baseplates and was debating which style to get (current style or older) but prices at both Bricklink and S@H were "disturbing." Now that I have seen your layout, maybe I won't bother with road baseplates at all. Thanks for the inspiration.

OK, the bigger pics are here:

Brickshelf gallery

A short movieclip of my temporary layout is here:

Bachus,

That is a great looking layout even if it is temporary. The fires station fits in perfectly.

The pic with the cinema and pizza place in the distance make them look better integrated with the larger buildings than they do in real life (well, real Lego life). I also like how you used standard baseplates for the roads. They have a European cobblestone look that goes well with the buildings. I have no road baseplates and was debating which style to get (current style or older) but prices at both Bricklink and S@H were "disturbing." Now that I have seen your layout, maybe I won't bother with road baseplates at all. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks! Those 16x32 dark grey baseplates are indeed looking like old European cityroads. It saves space too and they are less expensive... I use these and the regular darkgrey roadplates. I have plans to add more 2x2 grey tiles to create a better trottior look.