jansued

Review: 10197 Fire Brigade

Great review. But I never knew that the major is a sith lord?

I do want this set also. I'm gonna make a ghostbusters house. The american flag will be replaced by the ghostbusters sign.

thanks for the review ^^

But you didn't take pictures of the entire set ? front/back/side of the station?

great job!

Quite happy to see a review this early, I´m really craving this set. Already got Cafe corner and green grocer on my desk waiting for a buddy :P

2. Add a modern fire engine - I'm hoping that 7239 will fit...

It won't, there's less than 20 studs available in the garage: 16 (x 8 tile) and 4 (x 4 plate/tile in the back) minus the space occupied by the roller door and the back door.

Gotcha !

Hahaha.... :laugh:

You tease - that's so cruel! I got very excited for a while wondering how many gazillions of pieces a UCS Super Star Destroyer would have.

Rufus

Great review, this is a great set! :thumbup:

The building and it's interior look great, but they should have made a better fire truck to go with it.

IMO the truck looks like a duplo on with the too big mudguards.

Thanks!

The building and it's interior look great, but they should have made a better fire truck to go with it.

Weren't you going to do some different versions of your excellent truck for us to copy enjoy, CGH?

Thanks for the great review, jansued. You've shown off some different angles of this set. I still don't think it's as good as the other two. The '1932' technique seems extraordinarily fussy and I think the top floor furniture is mediocre. The garage door pieces also look a little narrow compared to the door and windows but I guess that's proportional with the style of building.

Any chance of uploading shots of the inventory pages? I'm curious as to the parts allocation in this set, as despite the high parts content, it looks to be mainly bley and lots of dark tan 1x1 plates and so on!

It won't, there's less than 20 studs available in the garage: 16 (x 8 tile) and 4 (x 4 plate/tile in the back) minus the space occupied by the roller door and the back door.

As long as it fits through the door I can either have the back stick out through the doors (like you had to with 1980s fire stations! :tongue: ) or I'll rebuild it down from a 6 wheeler to a slightly shorter 4 wheeler.

Cheers

Rog

Thanks for the review!

As I mentioned before: Owning the complete modular house 'street' so far, this is a "must buy".

Minor detail changes not excluded. :wink:

Thanks for the wonderful review bro!

Wonderful review of a truely exclusive set! Very detailed if u ask me, esp the furnitures inside and the sidewalk...

However, the price is truely putting me off a little... And, dont we have enough fire stations around? :cry_sad:

Anyway, thanks again for the wonderful review bro! Three thumbs up! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nice review. I agree with Greenhair on the fire engine: a little too simple (but we're spoiled). As an owner of 10182, 10185, and 10190, this is a must-buy set. One question: How's the dark red in your copy (considering this post)?

Nice review. I agree with Greenhair on the fire engine: a little too simple (but we're spoiled). As an owner of 10182, 10185, and 10190, this is a must-buy set. One question: How's the dark red in your copy (considering this post)?

I can see no difference in those colours...

Thanks for the review!

As I mentioned before: Owning the complete modular house 'street' so far, this is a "must buy".

Minor detail changes not excluded. :wink:

I see it the same, although I´ve got no clue where to put the Fire Station. I´d need to build a junction now, but I´ve got no space left in my room... :cry_sad:

I can see no difference in those colours...

That would be good news :classic:

I think this set is available today!

Really? Can't find it in the US Lego Shop @ Home store, nor on the Dutch version... Wasn't the planning the first of September?

Really? Can't find it in the US Lego Shop @ Home store, nor on the Dutch version... Wasn't the planning the first of September?

I thought so, too! I was in the Lego Store in Oberhausen, Germany yesterday and there was no sign at all of the Fire Brigade.

Well, it is not for sale yet here, but the expected retail price is somewhere 160 euro, so ... maybe yours is a bit overpriced :sceptic:

Well, it is not for sale yet here, but the expected retail price is somewhere 160 euro, so ... maybe yours is a bit overpriced :sceptic:

guess he bought his from the Singapore Toys Games Comic Convention 2009 .. hence the pricing would actually be Singapore dollars $299.90.

i too bought a set at that price and am enjoying every moment of owning this set :cry_happy:

we got a Chrome Darth Vader "free" with every nett purchase of sgd $300 in a single reciept as well :sceptic:

I believe most Singaporean LEGO collectors, have grabbed this incredible modular set over the weekend, including myself. I am very happy too, to own this exclusive set, to be added along the streets of Cafe Corner, Green Grocer and Market Street. :wub:

I'm truly sorry for the false information. I had received that information from the store manager of the brand new Lego retail store that just opened near where I live. He told me August 1st, but apparently he was entirely wrong.

More recently, I visited a different Lego store over the weekend and the lady told me Sept 4 is the date that the Fire Brigade will go on sale.