Sign in to follow this  
Tung T. Le

REVIEW: 8169 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4!

Awesome! My co-worker got his hands on a semi-early release of the 8169 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4. He said it sold out in 2hours at the Orlando, FL Lego Store. So excited after work and came home and started the build. I was especially excited because its the same scale as the other Ferrari vehicles.

This set definitely has a lot more detailed compared to the counter Ferrari sets. Opening doors, better interior detail, better shaping, etc. The price is a little steeper, I think by $10? Not sure, I think the previous Ferraris were $49.99, but the new Lamborghini set being $59.99. I definitely had to get this set, being that Lamborghini is one of my top known named exotic car manufacturer.

The major con of this set is the stickers. They're great stickers, but they definitely could have made printed parts instead, especially with the headlights. I didnt like how it took 2 separate stickers to make one headlight, but I guess they didnt really figure out how to make the top of the fender flush. Loved the new black matte wheels which were for the specific model.

IMG_1887-1.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

Some unique pieces, my favorite has to be the 1x2 slopes. Thats definitely new to me, never really seen it in any other sets yet.

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

My favorite detail of the car

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

Extra left over parts, haven't got the chance to build the Spyder version.

IMG_1902.jpg

Ketchup Ferrari or Mustard Lamborghini?

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

Conclusion:

Price $59.99 - 9 of 10

Parts 741 - 10 of 10

Build - 9 of 10

Overall - 9.5 of 10

741 pieces for $60, some new pieces (or at least to me). Took about 2.5 hours to build considering I stopped to take pictures. Would definitely buy another set to store away for collective purposes. Lego definitely upped it from the previous Ferrari sets, hopefully they make the Murcielago in the next wave.

Wow, that's one pretty sleek looking car. Thanks for the review of it. I just love the interior detail, it looks great. I hope you'll make a review of the Spyder, too.

That's amazing :thumbup: It looks good beside the Ferrari. Time to convince my mom to let me get this :devil:

A very nice car! I just love it :wub: Thaks for the review, I was waiting for it! :sweet:

The wheels look awesome!!! Legen....wait for it DARY! :grin:

Did you know, that the first Lamborghini was meant to show Enzo Ferrari how a real sportscar should be build?

Lamborghini's are orginally sportscars for the publicroads. Ferrari's are more racecars meant to race at circuits. Around 1960 Lamboghini Miura was the first production car which could reach a topspeed of 300km/h and Ferrari had only 1 prototype as answer.

And a Lamborghini LM004 (only 1 or 2 build) is a 4x4 with a V12, which could drive on a ramp of 70 degrees. Frontwheels didn't touch the survice anymore, but this car did climb up.

The Lamborghini Diablo and only a big V12, 500kg heavier and just as fast as a Ferrari F40, which had aV8 with 2 turbo's.

I wonder whether splitting the headlights into 2 stickers is Lego's response to criticism about the need to apply stickers across 2 or more pieces ?

Dr. D.

I wonder whether splitting the headlights into 2 stickers is Lego's response to criticism about the need to apply stickers across 2 or more pieces ?

Dr. D.

Probably not because the main headlight sticker still goes over 2 pieces

I do not own any Racer set, but this review might change that, wow.

Actually, i was never paying attention to Racer, until now.

This is a great model, I just recently got this and built the Spyder mode, and I must say, I absolutely wub it! I would recommend this to anyone. :thumbup:

This is a great model, I just recently got this and built the Spyder mode, and I must say, I absolutely wub it! I would recommend this to anyone. :thumbup:

you should do your own review then

Cool review. I saw this in the store the other day. I look like the Spyder version's convertible top retracts and tucks away. This alone makes it worth it! Though i have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the front end. Pretty much just like the Ferrari's. I do like that the doors open. Nice touch. I'll definitely be picking this up!

Cool review. I saw this in the store the other day. I look like the Spyder version's convertible top retracts and tucks away. This alone makes it worth it! Though i have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the front end. Pretty much just like the Ferrari's. I do like that the doors open. Nice touch. I'll definitely be picking this up!

Damn, now I'm torn! I thought the Spyder version just looked kinda bad so when I bought I was going to build the regular!

Damn, now I'm torn! I thought the Spyder version just looked kinda bad so when I bought I was going to build the regular!

So do you have it? If you do you can just change it. And if you do, you should cross it out in your sig :tongue:

So do you have it? If you do you can just change it. And if you do, you should cross it out in your sig :tongue:

I wish I had it! Hopefully I will have it in about seven days, I'm wishing to recieve it as a birthday gift.

If you do get it, just check brickshelf for pics of the spyder and coupe versions to determine which you like better

If you do get it, just check brickshelf for pics of the spyder and coupe versions to determine which you like better

Or just buy two.

This does actually look really cool, great pics too. Has anyone got any similarly awesome pics of the spider version? Quality..!