Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

St. Elizabeth Parish Church - Port of Brick Royal

Looks great! I especially like the inside of the church as it looks very realistic and the roof. Can this and your other buildings be made at the same time? That would make for one great picture.

This is stunning! It's really beautiful, and the colorscheme looks great! All those details... Everything is so perfect! If all your buildings will be this be good, it's going to be a friken' awesome port!

Great stuff. :thumbup:

I like the colours used and how they are combined, the roof, the interior. I like it all.

Looks great! I especially like the inside of the church as it looks very realistic and the roof. Can this and your other buildings be made at the same time? That would make for one great picture.

Yes. The East India Building, the Royal Commons (still need cosmetic changes), Government House, the Naval Storehouse, Passage Fort, the Capstan Inn and now St. Elizabeth Parish Church are all currently in existance. I have many more planned. I hope to start assembeling the port in the fall. It's a long term project. I've just recently started Fort Monck.

It's beautiful, indeed!

Just one question: did you build a churchbell?

Great question. I haven't built a bell but I went back and forth. I probably will at some point.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Awesome! Port of Brick Royal must be very proud to have such a beautiful church. It looks a lot like the church it's based on (though your one seems taller) and also the windows give it a good look. The interior is also nice with a lot of great details, I like the benches a lot, and the table for the preacher.

That's going to be a huge project, commodore. You have built quite alot already! I can't wait to see how your fort turns out!

wow wow wow!

I love this MOC so much.

For one, the church looks well proportioned and a term that I would like to use, "LEGO scale". Meaning that if you built this church in "mini-fig" scale it would be massive, but since you built it in LEGO scale it captures the spirit of the original church and still looks normal.

My favorite part is the drawn swords outside of the church. It is such a simple idea, yet done so well. I think the church looks all the much more better because of it.

Also, admiral tunic with the plane black hat (Commodore?), do you have different ranks based on tunic, epaulettes, and hat combinations? Because that is how I differentiate my different ranks.

Being a military historian, I though it was silly to only have soldiers, one officer, and then Admirals and Governors.

-Super

Brilliant, I love the simple color scheme, matched with alot of subtle, decorative details, and a very respectable interior. The white arched windows inset behind the tan arches is really effective, and I don't think I've seen that exact configuration before. Very nice!

My only suggestion would be the addition of a bell and little bit of stained glass behind the pulpit. Even in the new world, I would assume that a church of this size would have a little bit of stained glass imported from home. Perhaps a bit of snot work with sideways oriented trans 1x1 plates?

Really well done!

I can't wait to see how your fort turns out!

I am struggling a little with my plan for the scale of the fort. As I have it imagined right now it will occupy a space 9 extra large gray baseplates and sit on top of a high bluff...It has me a little intimidated right now to be honest. I may have to do some WIP posts to come in for some help. I just received 5000 2 x 2 white bricks yesterday and 10000 white 1 x 2 bricks. I am borrowing heavily from LBaixinho's star fort design so all due credit to him so far.

wow wow wow!

I love this MOC so much.

Also, admiral tunic with the plane black hat (Commodore?), do you have different ranks based on tunic, epaulettes, and hat combinations? Because that is how I differentiate my different ranks.

-Super

I think it was Bonoparte who coined the term mini-figure illussion scale. I think all my buildings fall into this category at least to my eye. They are very large (for Lego) but not nearly large enough to be in real scale. I have been pleased with the scale but it is freaking me out about how large the final port may become. I had originally imagined it would be about 12' x 12' (including some water) but I could now see it becomeing twice that size...one day when I have more grey hair than I do now.

I try to mix it up a little as well. I usually use the Admiral's uniform for any successful officer even a Post Captain if he has done well with prize money. I usually have Admiral's with the white and black hat and white epaullets and will give them a different color feather to denote squadron color. I usually only have Admirals in white gloves as well but I thought for his wedding Sir Horatio would put a pair on. They are also an obscure reference to a scene with gloves in the books and movies.

My only suggestion would be the addition of a bell and little bit of stained glass behind the pulpit. Even in the new world, I would assume that a church of this size would have a little bit of stained glass imported from home. Perhaps a bit of snot work with sideways oriented trans 1x1 plates?

Another good suggestion I gave a lot of thought too as I built it. I may yet attempt it but I could find no evidence that this church contained any stained glass.

Thanks again for all the comments. My favorite part of the church as others have stated is the color scheme. It has such a caribbean feel. I can't take credit for that since it is a copy of a real church but I spent a long time looking through images before I saw St. Elizabeth but when I did I new immediately that I wanted it in my port.

Excellent effort Mister Hornbricker! The coulour scheme is my favourite part. Did you buy specific parts for this MOC, or did you use parts already in your collection?

This MOC has been frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com. :pir-classic:

Wow! You captured all the detail of the real church in this moc. I really like the roof and the placement of all the windows. The interior is just as fantastic as the exterior. I can't wait until your port is complete.

Excellent effort Mister Hornbricker! The coulour scheme is my favourite part. Did you buy specific parts for this MOC, or did you use parts already in your collection?

This MOC has been frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com. :pir-classic:

Thanks for the front page! I had enough tan and white bricks amd tiles (just enough to build it but don't worry I ordered more). I had to order some more of the little square white windows and tons of the dark red plates and tiles (pretty much all of those were ordered through BL. I love that dark red.

I am now focusing on my Frigate and Fort Monck (which is mostly white and classic red).

I am now focusing on my Frigate and Fort Monck (which is mostly white and classic red).

I can't wait to see the fort! Good luck, Hornbricker! ~LW 8~

I must have missed this one while i was on holiday. What a lovely design! The choice of colours are spot on and the detail with the white bricks really stands out. One of the nicest churches ive seen. Great effort Commodore!

to quote Captain Jack Sparrow...

"I LOVE WEDDINGS, DRINKS ALL AROUND!"

This is an absolutely amazing work Commodore. The likeness to the actual church is incredible, very well done.

P.S sorry if i double posted (i dont think i did) but i wrote a reply and clicked "add reply" but my browser crashed and when i came back to the topic my post wasnt there