Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

The 1st Annual Redcoat vs. Bluecoat Tournament of Retribution

If it starts tomorrow it's too bad because that's my birthsday..so we can begin today or skip one day(or just do it without me and i'll join later :pir-classic:

Feel free to start it when you want.

Of course, the longer you leave it, the more people may be recruited...

What is the first step?

Does everyone on a team post a vig?

I think in the end everyone of the team must have made something.. otherwise it's no use in participating for a team :pir-classic:

Edited by YnyklY

I don't get everything either, but I think it would be very useful if everyone gives their e-mail/msn to the teamcaptain so it's a lot easier to discuss things in you own team

Well my ones are:

Email:

I was stupid enough to put my info in here and now i can't find the edit button.

MSN:

Same thing for this.

If anyone sends spam to my Email address or sends it to others, There will be Consequences! :pir-skull:

I don't get everything either, but I think it would be very useful if everyone gives their e-mail/msn to the teamcaptain so it's a lot easier to discuss things in you own team

Don't give away our tactics buddy! :pir_wacko:

Don't give away our tactics buddy!

oops..sorry :pir-blush: Well, I think otherwise someone of their team got that idea as well. O, no ofcourse, they are redcoats! :pir-classic:

oops..sorry :pir-blush: Well, I think otherwise someone of their team got that idea as well. O, no ofcourse, they are redcoats! :pir-classic:

Exactly!

Bluecoats at the ready:

image001.jpg

:pir-sweet:

Exactly!

Bluecoats at the ready:

image001.jpg

:pir-sweet:

I see the Bluecoats are stealing the Redcoat Admiral uniform design! Thats Joey Locks uniform!

I see the Bluecoats are stealing the Redcoat Admiral uniform design! Thats Joey Locks uniform!

The torso is Blue, therefor he is a Bluecoat. Are you secretly a Bluecoat too Joey? :pir-grin:

@Commodore Hornbricker: do we have any judges yet? I'd say we need at least 5 to get an uneven vote..

The torso is Blue, therefor he is a Bluecoat. Are you secretly a Bluecoat too Joey? :pir-grin:

@Commodore Hornbricker: do we have any judges yet? I'd say we need at least 5 to get an uneven vote..

Heres an original sketch of the Royal Navy (Redcoat) Uniforms:

v2_c4_s27_ss01_03.jpg

Looks quite similar, Eh?

Looks quite similar, Eh?

Ofcourse, many nations used blue uniforms for their higher officers.

But it's not about historic accuracy here, it's just about Red vs. Blue.

Ofcourse, many nations used blue uniforms for their higher officers.

But it's not about historic accuracy here, it's just about Red vs. Blue.

Ahh, But whos Governer wears that uniform?

Im pretty sure there are Redcoat sodiers in Soldiers Fort which comes with the Redcoat Governer who wears the same uniform.

Username: Stash2sixx

Side: Blue Coats

Team Captain: Prefer not, but if needs be for another team, I could be.

Looks quite similar, Eh?

Something does look familiar. Because, like Nelson, you too will be without a hand when this is all over. :jollyroger:

Something does look familiar. Because, like Nelson, you too will be without a hand when this is all over. :jollyroger:

Dont know how your going to get near me in a few days, For I will have a 12 Mid-Section Ship of the Line with over 144 Cannons. :cannon:

Here is how things stand. We have 8 for the Reds and 7 for the Blues. If we can get one more Blue Player to sign up then we have enough for two teams of four on each side.

I never heard back from Zorro so we still need a Moderator. Also we only have 1 judge (L-space) so we need 4 more judges!

Remember each team will post just one Vig at a time and it goes back and forth so the order each team member will post their two submissions is up to the team (but you can't post back to back you take turns on your team) they don't go up all at once example: Monday one Blue Vig gets posted, Tuesday one Red Vig gets posted, Wednesday one Blue Vig, Thursday 1 Red Vig until everyone has posted their 2 submissions. So if you have a bad day just work it out with your team.

Right now the two Red Team Captains will be Commodore Hornbricker and Sir Wellington

and for the Blue Captain Green Hair and either Stash2Sixx, Admiral Bejaune or YnyklY (they all indicated a maybe) so 1st one to respond yes gets the second team captain spot for the Blue. We'll let the team captains divide up the players in secret and they can let eveyone know when they come up with their team name.

so all we need is one blue player, 4 judges and a moderator and we can get started. I'd say next week at the rate we are going for the start.

Thoughts?

edit: I forgot one thing. The rules state that for this tournament the new Governor torso will play for the Bluecoats. This is because there is no new Bluecoat torso yet and maybe not everyone has the old torsos so it increases participation and keeps it fair.

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

I shall Captain the other Bluecoat Team! So, CGH, you and I can attempt to draft in the next few days.

All Bluecoats, begin working please! Draft will be completed by Monday.

I shall Captain the other Bluecoat Team! So, CGH, you and I can attempt to draft in the next few days.

All Bluecoats, begin working please! Draft will be completed by Monday.

Cool, we do need one more blue player though...

C'mon Bluecoats, where are ya?

Cool, we do need one more blue player though...

C'mon Bluecoats, where are ya?

Seems faith in the Bluecoats is depleting. :pir-devil:

I never heard back from Zorro so we still need a Moderator. Also we only have 1 judge (L-space) so we need 4 more judges!

Being unbiased to either side of this grand debate, I would be happy to offer my services as a judge to see that the best side wins. If you need references I'm sure I could find someone to do that. This looks like an interesting venture, just what we need to get the blood boiling. :devil:

I might be able to help out, but I will be camping for 5 days next week. Let me know if that works.

Edited by Apache

Depends on when you leave. You need to post one day, and then a few days later. If you are late, our team loses points, and then you get yelled at by everyone...

Frontbeast, does that mean you want to play. Seriously, post like everyone else if you want to play, otherwise.....

Thank you.