WesternOutlaw

Train Parts Needed for Pick A Brick

traintech1.jpg

I was browsing through Lego Pick A Brick recently, and noticed the complete lack of Lego Train parts. In addition, after recently attempting to re-create an old 12V locomotive, it got me thinking, Lego should bring back some old train parts for train fans. Some might argue that Lego's Hobby Train 10183 did just that, but after looking at classic train sets, they really missed the mark. So, that brings me to the question:

What train parts should Lego bring back?

As a starter, here are some useful pieces that I think train fans would love:

- Classic Train doors in black and yellow (Hobby Train gave us red ones)

- 4x3 train windows in basic Lego colors

- 3x2 train windows in basic colors

- 6 x 16 plate with motor cutout (black and red)

- Train Steam Cylinder 2 x 2 x 1 & 2/3 Curved (part x461 -an unusual piece used in many of the 12V locomotives)

- A wheel set with large black and red wheels (similar to the wheels found in the Emerald Night set)

- Assorted train decals (in a sheet or Idea Book)

What other pieces might be useful to train fans? Share your thoughts here.

Some of the train motor side pieces would be nice, as would train windows. To be honest though, just having a reasonable selection of basic pieces in a consistent range of colours would be better. Nothing more annoying than having to change the colour of something just to accomodate a fairly standard piece only being available in certains colours.

For me I'd really like a set of the new large train wheels available from PAB. This in itself would open up the doors to more variety of steam engines in my collection.

For me I'd really like a set of the new large train wheels available from PAB. This in itself would open up the doors to more variety of steam engines in my collection.

Agreed. And I think I've already mentioned the following elsewhere: train plates (6x24 and 6x28) should be available in several colours. But there's always a possibilty of getting the other colours by phoning the customer service. I got two red train plates by phoning TLC though they're not listed on PaB.

1x3 curved slopes, in at least black, light & dark bley and white would be handy for train roofs.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=50950

Hinged Train Gates 2x4

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2873

Of course if we are going to head into complete fantasy land how about 9V track and motors.

By the way, my local Lego Ambasador has said that its almost out of the question that old parts will be brought back just for PAB so our only hope for the older parts is that they are brought back for use in new sets.

Edited by peterab

Speaking about new train wheels, at the time the first pictures of the Emerald Night were online, I thought it was called a Factory set? The weeks after the release I checked LDD many times, to see if the new wheels were available.

Of course I want to see these wheels too. A train window is also a good idea. I want them in red, please. I want the current parts in more different colours.

1x3 curved slopes, in at least black, light & dark bley and white would be handy for train roofs.

But... these parts currently exist. :wacko:

Or do you mean something different?

Your link provides a page without pic. :sceptic:

This is the part:

2873.png

And yes, I agree - I would love to see that specific part back again. :cry_happy:

Your link provides a page without pic. :sceptic:

This is the part:

2873.png

And yes, I agree - I would love to see that specific part back again. :cry_happy:

this has been replaced with one with the bulky click hinges.

- Assorted train decals (in a sheet or Idea Book)

What other pieces might be useful to train fans? Share your thoughts here.

I can help you with that ;) but, for the other parts, it would be nice to have means to make the railroad more realistic without modding (points, signals, etc. etc.), I'm afraid LEGO is not going to give us the 12V era experience very soon (or maybe some insiders know more about next year regarding that stuff).