Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder On the Emerald Express: Chapter 11

I sure am glad us Mystery Maidens don't ever get hurt by anything. :tongue:

But this shack intrigues me, I'll follow Brakes and Greaseman in. Then I'd like to look around for what I can see.

I am not a maiden. I am a strong confident woman. Let's go in!

The group finds the door to the old mill along the opposite side of the river (North side). It lets out a loud squeak as it is slowly pulled open. Inside is a dim-lit room covered in saw dust and old pieces of lumber and machinery. A visible path through the dust leads toward the other side of the room to what appears to be another room. There is also a large sliding door inside the room as well as a rickety wooden staircase leading upward.

The smell inside is musty and moldy.

Let's explore the building first. Does the track run inside the building making it possible for this old logging train to be inside?

The track appears to stop near the the west side of the mill. Nearby is a sliding door with a heavy padlock.

Arin, you're so unpoetic! :tongue:

I'll go take a peek at the other room. You guys should mind the stairs, they look awfully fragile. :sceptic:

The track appears to stop near the the west side of the mill. Nearby is a sliding door with a heavy padlock.

Ah, something for me. Time to pick the lock and then let Brakes slide it open while I stand reassuringly nearby. :grin:

Ah, something for me. Time to pick the lock and then let Brakes slide it open while I stand reassuringly nearby. :grin:

Oh well. Go pick that lock. I hope nothing nasty will come out of that door though. Anyone else to brave this with me together? :look:

Anyone else to brave this with me together? :look:

Go on, then Brakes, I'll come too.

You need a rough woman to keep you in shape, IMO - getting mauled by booby-traps and all that...:grin:

I'd like to check upstairs.

Without my lungs, I'm immortal. My lungs were my only mortal part, so I have no need to fear!

I'd like to check upstairs as well, in case any more sweetbreads fall out of Snitchman on the way up.

I'd like to open the sliding door inside the main room, anyone else interested in looking too?

Well I don't quite see what all the fuss is about, so I'll help organise somethin' else; night shifts. That's right fellas, I say we get two or three people to take turns guardin' outside makin' sure nothin' mysterious happens. I would be willin' to take part, anyone else for the idea? I reckon it would be good for just in case.

I want to go up the rickety stairs with the other 2 fellas. Schmelt, can I have a handful of M&M's? Please!

Awwwww.... let's get this door open so we can run up those rickety stairs too! :sweet:

Greaseman attempts to pick the large lock on the sliding door outside the mill. CLICK! The padlock opens. Brakes helps slide the large door open just as Mark attempts to open it from the inside. They scare each other as they realize they have both opened the same door. Austin stands guard outside laughing at what just occured. :laugh:

Meanwhile, Eleanor takes a peek into the other room discovering piles of logs within, along with a large band saw.

Snitchman, Shmelt, Arin, and Herman begin climbing the rickety stairs toward the second floor. The old stairs let out a large creek before the combined weight of the four individuals cause the steps to give way. They come crashing down landing in a pile of saw dust and wooden debris! :oh3: Each receive one point of damage from the fall (-1 Life Points).

The others stand motionless in the main room.

I'd like to search for any other ways to the second floor, such as a different staircase or a ladder.

Anyone see a train? If not, let's get outta here!

You guys didn't yell WOOOOWEEEEEEE when you fell?

You guys didn't yell WOOOOWEEEEEEE when you fell?

Well, I didn't fall very far.

You know Alex, I think we would've been smart enough to have gone one at a time...but I'm clearly wrong. :sceptic:

Woah! You guys alright? :oh3:

*helps schmelt up* We better be carefull, this house looks pretty old!

I'd like to help the mayor search for other ways up to the 2nd floor.

The old stairs let out a large creek before the combined weight of the four individuals cause the steps to give way.

Too many M&Ms and Eggos, you bloated swine!

It's walnut shells and linseed oil lollipops from the snack basket for the rest of this trip!

Eleanor, can we borrow your bridal veil to twist into a reverse Rapunzel to throw up the broken staircase and ascend one by one?

Wow, man did you two give me a fright!

Too many M&Ms and Eggos, you bloated swine!

It's walnut shells and linseed oil lollipops from the snack basket for the rest of this trip!

I like nuts! :sweet: I like M&Ms too though...

Eleanor, can we borrow your bridal veil to twist into a reverse Rapunzel to throw up the broken staircase and ascend one by one?

Why not borrow the whole dress, that would make it more sturdy.

Right, I'm going to search around the house for a ladder, and Grease is coming with me. I don't want to be wandering around alone.

*Grabs Grease and drags him off*

To the stars!

Oh goodness, I hope you're all okay!

*Helps brush off some of the sawdust from Herman, brushing his his chest just a little too long :grin:*

Austin, I'd already suggested the night-watch idea! Honestly, doesn't ANYONE listen to me?! :cry_sad:

I want to help search for another way upstairs, too.

I like nuts! :sweet: I like M&Ms too though...

*Grabs Grease and drags him off*

If I'd known it was going to be that kind of party ... :wacko:

Oh, right, ladder. Those are usually outside in sheds or lying on the ground where idiots can trip on them. Maybe we could send Jethro out. :wink:

Excuse me, but you're not tearing my precious, not to mention damn expensive, dress into shreds! Besides, I left it in the train. As you can see, I'm currently in my everyday-clothes. :tongue:

And I told you to be careful with the stairs, anyway.

I want to check these piles of logs to see if there's anything hidden under or behind them, or written on them. Oh, and the saw, too.

I would like to check out the saw and see if it still functions. Then maybe we can do a magic trick with Eleanor and the Saw! Spicy!