Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder On the Emerald Express: Chapter 11

HINT: North is up. Do I need to add a Johnson Rod that points upward?

Sometimes they bend in the middle; it may not be trustworthy. Especially if it's been out of commission for a while.

On the map where do the Danger Tracks start??

Here's a map that I drew out using the chocolate coloring on the Peanut M&Ms (thanks, Schmelt!).

3723017034_43ebc7451c_o.jpg

I think this is right...

Here's a map that I drew out using the chocolate coloring on the Peanut M&Ms (thanks, Schmelt!).

3723017034_43ebc7451c_o.jpg

I think this is right...

I think we should explore the smaller connecting tracks first and then continue down the main line towards the "handcar." That would mean starting at the first switching station and going N/NE. See how we could go down and come back instead of traveling all the way down the line and then back to check out what we already passed?

I think we should explore the smaller connecting tracks first and then continue down the main line towards the "handcar." That would mean starting at the first switching station and going N/NE. See how we could go down and come back instead of traveling all the way down the line and then back to check out what we already passed?

I agree, let's get going! I sure hope we find something of value at the end of one of these junctions, these switch tracks are starting to get on my nerves. :wacko:

Ok N/NE it is looking at the northern most branch line first.

Say what time is it? Beer o'clock yet? I could sure go for a brew and a game of 'speaksees the truth townies' they seem to have clammed up lately, no doubt plotting something like stealing dice or schmelts nuts!

...and a game of 'speaksees the truth townies' they seem to have clammed up lately, no doubt plotting something like stealing dice...

Oh good lord no, not my dice! *oh2* Quickly, we need action, now!

We were tricked onto the train by an invitation to travel with and protect Miss Thornton and her 'valuable possession', then she didn't arrive and no one knew anything about what this item was even supposed to be.

Along the way, we were forced to stop at this hellhole where we've uncovered some kind of mysterious goings-on, and then the person we think was helping give those clues was murdered on the train while we were off chasing them down.

So what are we really doing now? Are we trying to solve a murder or just get the hell out of this place? Are we actively doing anything that leads us in either direction, or are we just eating up scenery and time as we slowly descend into madness?

I think it's time we list what we know, what we don't know, and what we're trying to do.

I think it's time we list what we know, what we don't know, and what we're trying to do.

I concur with Grease here, he knows what he's about. So, what do we know?

The group has decided to return back to the last switchtrack and head N/NE. This route is similar to the last NE line in which the wagon was found. The forest is thick almost covering the track in some areas. No sound is heard ahead save the lone chirps of a cricket. A narrow path that runs parallel to the track cuts into the dark forest. Only two people at a time, and sometimes only one may tread along the narrow path.

avoreilly.jpg

It's definately been a long time since any train ran through these parts. You guys sure you want to continue along this path?

avoreilly.jpg

It's definately been a long time since any train ran through these parts. You guys sure you want to continue along this path?

Yes, but perhaps a brave townie can lead the way...maybe Jethro!

To quote Jeb...

"My Grandpappy who some knew as "Old Rivers" use to tell me a story about how there use to be an old train that ran through the woods not fer from here, some sorta 'logg'n train. I even reckon I heard it once or twice grown'up. Never done saw it though." (as per the voice in the sky)

So Jeb, where is this loggin' train at so maybe we can get a hold of a Johnson Rod off that old steamer?

where is this loggin' train at so maybe we can get a hold of a Johnson Rod off that old steamer?

:look: This is getting really dirty.

I'll lead the way! I don't really do anything else useful, so at least I can get hurt instead of you folk!

Okay, that sounds like a good plan. Just be aware that only a few of us will be able to ride the handcar.

And sorry if you were working on a map, Herm. I had mine finished, so I just figured I share it.

Good idea. :thumbup:

What we do know:

- There is at least one murderer among us, presumably one of the town council.

- There may be a helper among us who helped stop the the train here. May be working for/ with elizabeth Rose Thornton/ Jennifer.

- There are four town council members and one mayor.

- Jennifer was murdered on the coal car, supposedly with that gun you're carrying, Grease.

- There is a mysterious track running through Willoughby.

What we don't know:

- Who the murderer is.

- Who the helper is (for sure).

- Where these tracks lead and their purpose.

- Where a Johnson rod and bracket are.

- Whether Schmelt has an endless supply of food or not.

What we're trying to do:

We still need a Johnson rod and bracket, and I think we need to bring back the Express. We could attempt to go to Auburn, but what vehicles would we take? And we need to get to California. While we're looking and exploring the town for these items, we're helping Mrs. Thornton with solving a mystery.

I think that's all of the important points for now. Feel free to add on.

And I was wondering... why hasn't a rescue team showed up yet? We've been here for days with no such luck. Doesn't anyone have a cell phone? Or isn't there a communications device that connects with our train route? Or is this really a mysterious island that disappears through time?

So what are we really doing now? Are we trying to solve a murder or just get the hell out of this place? Are we actively doing anything that leads us in either direction, or are we just eating up scenery and time as we slowly descend into madness?

I believe we are tryin' ta solve a murder partner. By solvin' that murder we hope to uncover this darn mystery and from that, hopefully find a way out of this fersaken town. THat poor girl who died deserves some sorta justice I say, and I ain't seein' any local force that's gonna help.

What we do know:

- There is at least one murderer among us, presumably one of the town council.

I can vouch fer Herman and Jethro not bein' your here killer that's fer sure.

And I was wondering... why hasn't a rescue team showed up yet? We've been here for days with no such luck. Doesn't anyone have a cell phone? Or isn't there a communications device that connects with our train route? Or is this really a mysterious island that disappears through time?

I don't have a phone or anything on me, but I'm pretty sure this area wouldn't have any range beyond the town.

Also, we should list injuries:

Herman - caught leg in bear trap

Bulldog and Me (Austin) - Hurt by explosive still...heh.

Anyone else?

Max was hit by a cleaver, and didn't something fall on Brakes?

Jim had a room collapse on him, and then got sick afterward. There was no real evidence as to why he got, sick, but it's possible he was poisoned somehow.

Also, we should list injuries:

Herman - caught leg in bear trap

Bulldog and Me (Austin) - Hurt by explosive still...heh.

Anyone else?

You were bit by a scorpion that somehow found its way into your sleeping bag...

Snitchman leads the way along the thick overgrown path along the train tracks. In some places, he does so in single-file with Jim Butcher and others following close behind. Suddenly, a THWACK is heard! :oh3:

Snitchman has been bushwhacked by a thick tree branch! Attached to the tree branch is a series of sharp wooden spikes that are now stuck in Snitchman's chest, with a few that have also hit Jim's side.

Snitchman immediately suffers three life points damage with one more through the loss of blood (-4 Life Points Total)

Jim Butcher suffers two life points damage from minor wounds to the side (-2 Life Points)

I hate this forest, somebody is out to kill us!! :sing:

Do you think we should do something about all that blood? :look:

Holy johnson rod! What was that? Are you guys hurt? Here...

*takes specially placed bandages fron pocket and wraps them around the wounds* How about whoever is leading this time carries a long stick on front of them?

Jim Butcher suffers two life points damage from minor wounds to the side (-2 Life Points)

Oh! My! God!

Jimbee, are you OK? Here, let me dress that wound. Do you need a sponge bath? Take off your pants.

Snitchman, stop that whiney blubbing and coughing up blood. Also, put your lung back inside your ribcage where it belongs.

Do you think we should do something about all that blood? :look:

I'm sure the rabid dogs I've heard snarling in the bushes will lick that all up pronto.

Snitchman, stop that whiney blubbing and coughing up blood. Also, put your lung back inside your ribcage where it belongs.

So inconsiderate. :hmpf: