Kaitan

[MOC] Cloud City WIP

Wow! That looks almost exactly like how it does in LEGO Star Wars II (I just borrowed it from the library 2 days ago :tongue:)! :classic:

Your fountain looks better than the game's version, as well as the wall greebles. Nice work, and I can't wait to see the whole thing!

Several other people in other forums have said it looks like the game. I do own the game, but it didn't even occur to me to use it as a reference source! :)

Even better! Wow! This is an amazing MOC and it's coming along really well! I'm not sure why you used to C-3PO's in one MOC, but this is really great! :sweet:

Wow, that's looking great! I love how it looks so smooth and studless. Also, the chrome gold C-3PO is looking shiny! :tongue:

And, stupid question, but does lobots head come in flesh or was that a custom?

It's a custom. Lobot was only made in yellow, in the Twin Pod Cloud Car set. :wink:

And I was wondering, where did you get that custom head from? The back part looks really good.

Really a beautiful and great moc.

Also have thoughts about Lobot? Is it "slide-off" water decals?

Hope there will come more very soon :classic:

Stunning Kaitan.

You sure have a lot of white parts.

Keep it up :thumbup:

Even better! Wow! This is an amazing MOC and it's coming along really well! I'm not sure why you used to C-3PO's in one MOC, but this is really great! :sweet:

Well, the reason I used two different theepios was there is about a month and a half between the first picture and the rest, and in that time I found a reasonably priced chrome theepio on ebay. :tongue::grin:

It's a custom. Lobot was only made in yellow, in the Twin Pod Cloud Car set. :wink:

And I was wondering, where did you get that custom head from? The back part looks really good.

Yep that's right, it's a custom. It's the original Lobot body with a new head and hands. I got the decals from Kam's site, www.fineclonier.com - fantastic decals!

Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words. The work continues!

Kaitan

It better!

I just frontpaged this so you'll get a lot of feedback (hopefully).

Keep this extraordinary work on. The way you take the pictures makes it really look like in the film - just the LEGO version... It's a great project!

Excellent work :thumbup:. You have progressed really far since last time and the new shots of it looks great.

Nice call of front paging this stunning MOC KimT.

Excellent stuff Kaitan :oh:! Great detail, size and accuracy! And I like that you only seems to be using new white pieces to avoid that "yellowish" look. I´ll stay tuned on your progress for sure :thumbup:!

This is progressing along beautifully Kaitan!

The populace is nice and the details lift the walls nicely, really has the original ESB feel to it.

Can't wait for more.

This is such an excellent MOC! Just awesome. It really looks like you´ve copied the movie and the computer game 1:1. Great work. Keep up building :wink:

That is really fantastic Kaitan! :oh: I love the whole structure and architecture is brilliant! Stunning job!

Keep it up. :thumbup:

Wow... it looks fantastic, that has to be one of the best SW mocs i've seen. You certainly have talent when it comes to MOC'ing.

Edited by DarkFader

I can just tell that this MOC is going to be amazing. With the amount of detail you have put into the structure and figures, it really can't go wrong.

That's looking absolutely beautiful! :wub: I must say, there's not much I like more than a nice clean looking white tile MOC. :laugh:

You really captured the Cloud City look with the sterile walls and the almost "airy" feel to the place. I'm eager to see new updates from you!

Holy Crap!! That's amazingly accurate, I can't wait to see the the FINAL product, I'm subscribing to this thread!

This is beautiful! I see you put alot of time and money into this. Please keep this updated. what is the poweer fuction for?

Great work Kaitan! You've totally captured the cool, clinical feel of Cloud City. I really like your simple yet effective 'fountain' centre piece and your plate-built walls work really, really well - I guess make it much easier to shift and get your camera in there. Love your custom fleshie Lobot too :sweet:

I'd also considered building a Cloud City diorama but haven't had the full-on motivation to do it - you've certainly set a bar for anyone who tries!