paintballman413

Best LEGO Train Ever Made

I wouldn't overrate the bad wheels of the Santa Fe series. In case you don't know yet, the bad wheels were a production error. There are other threads where this problem has been discussed. I substituted all my bad wheels with wheels that work nicely.

My favorite is also the 10020, 10022 & 10025 especially if its done like James Mathis intended!

superchief.png

I haven't heard about the wheel problem could some one please post me a link?

As far as I'm concerned the Emerald Night is a nice engine but with out at least some more cars, its not on my list!

Edited by GRogall

As far as I'm concerned the Emerald Night is a nice engine but with out at least some more cars, its not on my list!

Interesting point. While it is a beautiful engine, tender, and passenger wagon, it could definately use a few more wagons. At the same time, how many Lego trains offered a few additional cars, with maybe the exception of the Super Chief? Many were in fact single engine sets or engine with just one or two cars.

I would still say that based on exquisite detail, the Emerald is a great model.

Emerald Night just has to win it - utterly gorgeous, and it pulled me back into Lego trains after more than 30 years away !

After Emerald Night I went out and bought the Santa Fe Super Chief from eBay - I just love the design and colours.

I'm also on the look out for a BNSF. Again, I love the colour scheme.

The one that started it all off when I was very small was set number 171 (Lego 171). It will always have a special place in my heart !

Dr. D.

Hi, for me the best Lego Train ever made, is the Freight & Crane Railway 4565 :thumbup: , I only have buy it few time ago, never when I was child, and I have a big passion for this set, at the times I was a kid, and spent long time looking at the catalogues :cry_happy: and the fantastics scenes that I can create to this all models, but I don't have any train in my childhood :sing: , now I have 5 trains, but my first was one year ago, when I cameback for the fantastic world of Lego, and one day I will create a scene, equal to the European catalogue of 1996. Good constructions. :wink:

Hi, for me the best Lego Train ever made, is the Freight & Crane Railway 4565

I actually passed this one up when available, thinking the entire train was too much the same color. Now I think it looks pretty good, esp. the engine.

EDIT: this would make a nice train review Bruno.

I haven't heard about the wheel problem could some one please post me a link?

You wanted a link? Just click here. That's where I mentioned the wheel problem. I hope it helps.

I have to agree with Hobbes. I got the 7740 for my 6th Birthday back in 1982, and it is still my favourite. It took 3 days of after school building to get it completed (with parental support). I still fondly remember the day I got it.... and I still have it. :grin: I have also got the mail car, but not the sleeping car... I will have to find it on ebay one of these days.

7740-1-1004648305.jpglego7815.jpg7819-1-1004648493.jpg
Edited by missouri_bb63

I actually passed this one up when available, thinking the entire train was too much the same color. Now I think it looks pretty good, esp. the engine.

EDIT: this would make a nice train review Bruno.

I love the engine to, it's beautiful, you say that I have try to made a review of this set? :sceptic:

As a kid i've always wanted the santa fe train, still haven't got it though

Metroliner, though I think 4564 is pretty good. Though I'd quite like 4565 if it wasn't in all the same colours.

Edited by Matt Dawson

Hard choice, 95% of the trains LEGO has done have been pretty sweet :sceptic:

One of my favorites is 4558- the legendary Metroliner

Great design and details, 11 minifigs, decent station :wub:

Also is this based on power systems? Such as 12V, 9V and so on?

Then I could pick the best from each Category

Another personal favorite and my first train 4560- Railway Express

The Emerald Night is perhaps the most detailed and well designed train set yet

Hard choice, 95% of the trains LEGO has done have been pretty sweet :sceptic:

One of my favorites is 4558- the legendary Metroliner

Great design and details, 11 minifigs, decent station :wub:

One of these days I'm going to open my Metroliner legend and build it. I've been saving it for a rainy day.

One of these days I'm going to open my Metroliner legend and build it. I've been saving it for a rainy day.

Awesome! I remember when it was released as a legend :sweet:

I especially like how they made the box art like a black & white photo.

I have nearly all the 9V train sets, and some 12V sets too. My vote goes

to 10183 hobby train. It's got everything: passenger cars, cargo, locomotives, etc.

It can be a bit of a puzzle to make as many as possible train cars out of a limited

number of copies of 10183, some changes are needed, sometimes large changes,

but the end result is very nice.

For yours truly it would have to be the Emerald Night - for it sheer beauty and detail on it !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I share Dave's opinions about the aesthetic view for the complete Santa Fe Super Chief and the technical building fot the Emerald Night ...but for the nostalgia view point I always considered the complete 7740, with the optionals sleeper and mail coach, the best train set of all time! :blush:

Because I'm great fan of the 12Volts era I have to say that lego set 7750 :thumbup::thumbup: and 7760 :thumbup: are my second best choice!

Thanks for the great topic! :laugh:

I really think the Metroliner is No 1. :classic:

The Emerald Night No 2.

And the 4564 (with the beautiful yellow Loc) No 3.

As per my opinion the best Lego train made is BNSF. It is very nice and amazing.

I like also Railway Express and Emerald Night.

The prize for the greatest LEGO train ever assembled goes to......

10020-0000-XX-12-1.jpg

The 10020 Santa Fe Super Chief

:laugh::angry::cry_happy:

Well, it's about time we Americans got one of our own expresses featured as a LEGO set.

Santa Fe is so beautiful, one day i will buy one hopefully if I can afford those ridiculous prices on ebay

Although I'm not the biggest fan of American trains, I must admit, the Santa Fe is a nice model. THough I did miss it during my off period with lego.

My favourite though has to be the Metroliner purely for the memories of wanting such a great set as a child and when I actually got it recently, I was in no way dissapointed. Its such a nice kit with great lines and a fab colour scheme.

Close second has to be the Emerald Night, mainly because its just such a beautiful looking train and provides a moderately challenging build!