Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Imperial Cannon and Caisson

th_thindexed.gif Cannon, 18-24 pounders, 2d

This was one of my first MOCs made in 2009, and I made it with the Cannon Battle set, AKA the first Pirates set I wound up with.

3324960839_1683153df2.jpg

3325800106_d6fba1c720.jpg

3325801502_1db8df5ff4.jpg

3324969251_6311d7e053.jpg

3325802984_aaabf6255e.jpg

Thanks for reading! :pir-classic:

Wow! That looks great! I would put in 2 more soldiers, if you have them, but it still is a great design! Exellent job for a first try, this is one of the best Moc of a realistic battle cannon that I've seen!

Edited by Admiral M

Oh, I probably have about 10 right now, but I was showcasing the cannon here. I still have it built, so perhaps I'll dabble in a little Pirates MOCing. :pir-wink:

Something like this would make a nice set. Well for me anyway, maybe it wouldn't be so interesting to others, but I've always been interested in having equids incorporated into the Pirate theme.

A caisson is indeed quite a nice innovation.

As would I, but since the soldiers aren't really fighting large land battles, they would only need to transport cannon by ship. I personally would like to see large scale land sites and battles, and therefor sets like this, but I doubt that will happen.

Edited by Admiral M

As would I, but since the soldiers aren't really fighting large land battles, they would only need to transport cannon by ship.

I'd tend to disagree there, soldiers may not be finding land battles against Pirates but they would be fighting land battles against other nations. I.e. England versus Spain.

Or maybe I've just played Sid Meier's Pirates too much in the past, but the game is a great example of how land battle and calavary fits into the world of pirates.

I'd tend to disagree there, soldiers may not be finding land battles against Pirates but they would be fighting land battles against other nations. I.e. England versus Spain.

Oh No! The great and terrible Debate Of Whether LEGO Will Make Real War Sets strikes again! Remember, it's supposed to be soldiers vs. pirates, and you decide who is the good guy. Most lego themes have 2 factions: Good and Evil, i.e. Castle, Agents, Space Police, and adding a third faction to pirates, and making it Reds Vs Blues Vs Pirates confuses younger children as to who is the good guy. And it violates TLG's non-violence policy. So I doubt we would see sets like this, as much as we want to see them in real sets. That's why we build what we build :classic:.

Edited by Admiral M

Remember, it's supposed to be soldiers vs. pirates, and you decide who is the good guy. Most lego themes have 2 factions: Good and Evil, i.e. Castle, Agents, Space Police, and adding a third faction to pirates, and making it Reds Vs Blues Vs Pirates confuses younger children as to who is the good guy.

You're doing a lot assuming there :pir-classic:

If you've been keeping up with the other threads you'll note there is a demand for the return for both blue coats and the Imperial Armada sub-themes.

But why is it supposed to be soldiers vs pirates? You seem to have forgotten the Indigo Islanders and Imperial Armada sub-themes. Both were running simultaneously with the Pirates and Imperial Guards sub-themes in 1996.

And it violates TLG's non-violence policy.

I don't understand why people assume something will violate this alleged non-violence policy. The specificaitons of this policy has never been available to the public and therefore the public only guesses what the policy entails.

Supposedly the policy excludes set based around torture and modern warfare, but releasing a horse in a Soldier set is no different to releasing a horse in Castle or Western set.