Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Galactic Paranoia: The Conclusion

Galactic Paranoia

~ Conclusion ~

All Good Things ...

As the suns slowly rise over the mutually agreed upon base of operations for the former Imperial and Rebel forces, it's obvious that something has changed. Smoke billows from the eastern and western wings, alarms blare in a cacophonous roar, each trying to be heard over the next, yet not a soul is to be seen. There are no lasers firing, no incoming fighters or even so much as a sign of life.

Inside the east wing of the base lie the somewhat scattered remains of Pvt. Trent "Madman" Maverick. An arm here, a leg there. His head, a few feet down the hall. Nearby, the equally shattered body of Pvt. Boden Constrek, who he was just about to execute when the bomb went off. He never saw it coming. No one did.

The west wing wasn't much better. Pvt. Quincy J. Mann lay in the middle of the hall, still burning from the explosion that had ripped through the wing and torn off half the roof. His death came quickly as the roof collapsed onto him. The fire was just insult to injury, but he never felt it.

Admiral Blaire and Commander Blazer lay in their respective beds, throats slit in their sleep.

Pvt. Danko "Whatshisname" Legovski frantically kept repeating the distress call from the base command center. He had locked the door, blasted the controls, and piled the furniture in front of it. He couldn't understand why the signal wasn't getting out, but the lack of response left him feeling more and more hopeless. "I can't believe this!"

He never had a chance to decide if he believed in the explosion that ripped apart the command center, he only had time to die.

Far away, the painting of Luke Skywalker feels a disturbance in the force.

Standing alone in the center of the base, Edner "Eddie" Flak couldn't help but grin. He had done it. He had manipulated the fools into killing each other off until all that was left was one of each and the idiot commanders. As he wiped his hands, he thought about how rich he was about to become. "Everything I've ever wanted will be mine, and all I had to do was kill a few people. Not bad. Not bad at all."

A beeping alerted him that his ride had arrived in system.

With a strut in his step, Flak headed out the base doors to an open landing platform. Looking up, he saw the ship arriving, a small shuttle, bristling with weapons. It landed softly and a ramp lowered. As he walked up the ramp, he saw the face of his old friend, Glarg, who some of you may remember as the friendly informant who revealed Black Sun's terrible plans. :devil:

unidentified_002sm.jpg

Things are not always as they seem, and neither are people. With a chuckle, Glarg and Flak shook hands and took their seats for the long trip back to the Outer Rim Guild, who had orchestrated the whole thing in an attempt to destroy Black Sun and steal their business, while making sure that the peace didn't happen either, to insure that they would actually have someone to sell weapons to.

"Did you leave the evidence we fabricated?" asked Glarg. "Of course," replied Flak, "the fools will think that the Rebels and Imperials double crossed each other, and at the same time I made it clear that Black Sun was working for both sides, which should guarantee that neither will ever trust them again. We're going to be very rich when they come to us for their future needs instead of our old competitors."

"Excellent," replied Glarg as he pulled out a pistol and shot a surprised Flak in the chest. "Shame I can't risk leaving you alive. They know you were here, so they need to find your body here." Glarg quickly dumped the body down the ramp, closed up the ship and headed back home, quite satisfied with himself.

He never saw Grand Admiral Volrik's star destroyer reentering the system, nor would he have had any time to react before his shuttle exploded into a million tiny bits of dust.

gavolrik_175x200.jpg

Grand Admiral Volrik, standing on the deck of his destroyer, the ImperialShadow, was more interested in the lovely Twilek waiting back in his quarters. "Send me a full report on all of this later, with video, lots of video, I have other matters to attend to right now," he said, as he left the bridge to return to his quarters. :devil:

Game Over.

Congratulations to Edner "Eddie" Flak, played by Escape the Fate for a job well done. You had the roughest potential win, having to walk a tightrope and maintain a balance between the loyalists and traitors without letting the game reach any of it's other endings first, and you made the most of it. Well played!

You may notice that you wear a new tag, as well. maf.gif

Thanks to everyone who played, I hope to see you again in Galactic Paranoia II: Grand Admiral Volrik's Revenge! (I am so kidding here, I'm not doing this again :laugh:)

Yes, start with a Star Trek reference in a SW based mafia game. :hmpf_bad: That´s the way I tought you! :grin:

This was definatley one of the odder Mafia games around. On that note I told Alice about the Twilek, you are likley to find a corpse and a angry woman with a rolling pin.

Great job hosting, it was a joy to read this organised chaos. :thumbup: Do it again somtime!

Stauder.

Yes, start with a Star Trek reference in a SW based mafia game. :hmpf_bad: That´s the way I tought you! :grin:

It predates Star Trek. :tongue:

I told Alice about the Twilek, you are likley to find a corpse and a angry woman with a rolling pin.

Catfight! *starts the camera* :devil:

Great job hosting, it was a joy to read this organised chaos. :thumbup: Do it again somtime!

We'll see. Maybe you should play one. :grin:

We'll see. Maybe you should play one. :grin:

I would gladly co-host/play if you have a lack of chaos and jokes...

Stauder.

I enjoyed the game. I really enjoyed being a loyal vigilante and was a little miffed when I had to change sides. I really did kill Adam and Pepper which was better than what the whole group did voting. I was turned when I voted for Quarry. Imagine that. I felt really bad about lying to Dillon, but he eventually caught on. I am not a very good liar, obviously. Thanks for starting the game JlBlue. Thanks for finishing it Shadows! You did an excellent job of taking over (as usual). :tongue:

Watch out Shadows! Apparently, I have found a rolling pin and I know how to use it. :laugh:

I thoroughly enjoyed this game, thank you I.S (and JBlue, for starting this). This was my first mafia game where I was someone other then a normal innocent person.

Now to tell you about what I did through my play through. Back when I was loyal I investigated Boden Constrek, who turned out to be loyal. It was here I decided to start up a secret alliance between those who are loyal. I hoped to get their opinions on whom to investigate, what happened during there night actions etc.

During the next night I decided to investigate Serge, who turned out to be loyal. Unfortunately before I could contact him, a night killer got to him first.

In the next night I investigated Pvt. Drake Knator, who turned out to be loyal. I did what I did with Boden, and like him, he accepted.

Over the course of the next night I heard a knock at my door. After investigating I found a datacard, and I put it in my reader. Long story short the Black Sun were black-mailing me. They threatened to reveal that I had a sister in the Rebellion, so to keep them quite I joined up. Later in the day Knator send me a private message saying 'Nestor left his quarters and went and knocked on someone's door'. This is when I believe I was in my element. I sent him a private message and he confessed, asking if I was going to tern him in. On the contrary, I joined up! I told him about the alliance, and the plan I recently hatched. I'd tell Knator and Boden I investigated Nestor (then in the resulting nights I planned to do the same for other Black Sun members), all the while investigating others and giving the names of the innocent to Nestor.

Unfortunately my death put as stop to my plans. I hope you enjoyed playing with me, and I would be glad if anybody would comment on my plan.

Congratulations Escape the Fate, very well played. :classic:

So, who's the next host? :grin:

If I hadn't been flattened by a boulder, I would be turning over in my grave right now. :tongue:

I'm pretty sure that I PMed every loyal member, telling them who the spies were. I even told one (WhiteFang, I believe), that Edner was betraying the other spies. Once I was proven right about Alice, and then killed and shown to be loyal, I figured it would be little trouble for the loyalists to win, but I guess I was forgotten pretty quickly.

Well, congratulations on a job well done Escape the Fate.

I felt really bad about lying to Dillon, but he eventually caught on. I am not a very good liar, obviously.

Actually, I think you are a very convincing liar. (I'll let you decide whether that's a compliment or not. :tongue: ) I believe a got a little lucky, being given a small clue that turned out to be solid evidence against both you and Quincy. If I hadn't known for sure you were a spy, you might have been able to convince me otherwise.

JLBlue, if you're still around, what where the "obvious clues" in the first few days that we missed? I was sure that the helmet on the ground we found the first day meant that Shadows was guilty, as his character was the only one without a helmet, but as we know not that wasn't true.

Shadows, was I actually killed by someone's action, or was I just taken out with Nester because I was watching him?

Anyway, thanks to JL for starting this, and Shadows for taking over and finishing it, as well as the players. I had fun. :thumbup:

Actually, I think you are a very convincing liar. (I'll let you decide whether that's a compliment or not. :tongue: )

:laugh:

JLBlue, if you're still around, what where the "obvious clues" in the first few days that we missed?

I don't think he ended up telling me all of them, but I remember that one was that one spy on each side was a communications officer, and as such they had a head that included a slightly hidden microphone/headset. It was a really subtle clue that I wouldn't have ever assumed was meant to be a clue at all.

I was sure that the helmet on the ground we found the first day meant that Shadows was guilty, as his character was the only one without a helmet, but as we know not that wasn't true.

I had lovely hair that didn't need to be messed up! :angry:

I would have thought exactly the same thing. :laugh:

Shadows, was I actually killed by someone's action, or was I just taken out with Nester because I was watching him?

You were killed by Eddie Flak, the triple agent. He needed to keep the loyalists outnumbering the traitors at all times until it was 1:1, and since a traitor had been voted off, he figured he could take the chance to kill you before you accused him further. As it is, I don't think it would have mattered, nobody listened to you. :laugh:

Anyway, thanks to JL for starting this, and Shadows for taking over and finishing it, as well as the players. I had fun. :thumbup:

It was a less organized effort than I would have liked, since I didn't get to plan ahead and had to sort of wing it, but I think it went pretty well. If I ever do another, I want to actually be the one to start it, pick the characters, build some standardized backgrounds, that sort of thing.

Thanks for playing!

First off this is my 100th post . This was one fun game. The first several nights I was loyal, if any of you were wondering. Sir Dillon, I murdered you, you were growing to suspicious, and had me concerned great job though, I was scared silly by you.

Also I left hints about my loyalty in my interest box, that you can see when you pm me, Millacol88 noticed it for sure. I would like to apolagize to anyone I frAmed and decirved others into voting for, it didn't feel good when I did that, especially Ricecracker, and more recently Bob.

I would like to thank Quarryman for converting me, and our long pm conversations about all sort of related stuff. Most importantly thank you Jblue, and Imperial Shadows for hosting a great and enjoyable game.

Thanks Imperial Shadows for answering all my questions, some of which were pretty dumb.

I'll post more later when I get home from work at Legoland.

I don't think it would have mattered, nobody listened to you. :laugh:

Or me :hmpf: .

I would like to apolagize to anyone I frAmed and decirved others into voting for, it didn't feel good when I did that, especially Ricecracker, and more recently Bob.

Like I already told you, you did what you were supposed to do, and ultimately you were successful. After all, it's just a game, isn't it :look: ? I'd also like to congratulate you on a game well played.

Thanks Jlblue for starting this up, without you, none of this would have happened. Thanks ImperialShadows for taking over, I'm glad you did, and that the game could be finished. Thanks for also telling me when my bending of rules couldn't work on you :laugh: . I hope you run your own game someday, and I hope to be able to play in it.

To all other participants: If you haven't realized from this and Baritones II, I am always the loyal bodyguard :laugh: , so don't kill me. Also, when I ask you to avenge my death, can't you keep you promises :hmpf: ? It might've helped a little bit.....

To Rebels: I would've won if you guys didn't vote to work together with the Imperials. I had my plan all laid out. There were six of us, I think; me, Quarryman, Hinckley, Sir Dillion, Alice and Adam. First we decided to kill ImperialShadows, though that took a few days. Then I told Quarryman to tell Sir Dillion, Alice and Adam to, along with me, kill off Hinckley. I was then going to slowly kill off the rest of them, but no, ImperialShadows has to go and ruin my plan. I would've won if weren't for you :angry: !

Thanks again everyone, I had a blast playing!

So this was the crazy mess that you have mentioned to me. :laugh:

Now I finally knows the whole sum. Geez, that was one crazy mafia game, and of course with a crazy host like Shadows, it's hard for us to be sane at the same time. :tongue: Seriously, I have lots of fun, even though I didn't have alot of fun when I was murdered in the first night, as Widanko character. I was actually the person whom know anyone true alignment, so when JBlue told me that I was dead, and both of us were thinking, how could those loyalists find out their true alignment, and that caused abit of confusions in latter days. Of course, at that time, I was investigating Hinckley, and I told Dillon and Alice about Hinckley. Geez, Hinckley was innocent, but it was a pity that he didn't last it through. There were many camo appearance with the kind permission, of Shadows, providing several subtle clues, on the remaining baddies. At the later stage, I replaced Trexxen's character as Trent. Well, this character is just a blocker... I can't do anything much constructive, except going around blocking others at some nights, which one of them includes Quincy. Boden and I were convinced that Dillon has summarised the whole situation with perfect analysis, and its unfortunate that we didn't won in the end.

I'm pretty sure that I PMed every loyal member, telling them who the spies were. I even told one (WhiteFang, I believe), that Edner was betraying the other spies. Once I was proven right about Alice, and then killed and shown to be loyal, I figured it would be little trouble for the loyalists to win, but I guess I was forgotten pretty quickly.

You have indeed tell me the truth, and if you are still alive, I wish I could duke it out with you. I took a risk, believe in you that Alice was converted at a certain stage. You are right all along, and that reinforce the thoughts of me and Boden as loyalists. Its a pity that we couldn't last against those fast switching voters.

Things ended up in a very different direction than what I had originally planned. I wish that I could have gotten the opportunity to host this at another time, when I wouldn't have to rush through everything and only keep half an eye on this and keep the rest of my attention elsewhere. I realized quickly that one needs to devote all attention to a mafia game if they so happen to be involved in it.

Maybe sometime, eventually, I'll try my hand at mafia games again.

Dumbasses. I told you it was Fark.

In the coming week I'll post a moc starring "Eddie Flak". My camera is dead right now so it will be a couple days.

After I was converted, the game became much more interesting, especially when Shadows threw a curve ball and joined the Imperials and Rebels together. Soon everyone was suspicious of me, because of the failed assasination of Dayton. Lucky for me, Adam was killed making him the guilty pilot. This saved my life, since I thought for sure I was a goner. Quincy and I soon were studying previous days conversations, trying to figure out our fellow spys in the Imperial group. I had no night action and Quincy had become a blocker after the merger, Adam was our investigator, but he died before he could investigate. Quincy was pretty sure Natman/Millacol88 was a spy, there were several we knew were non spys. So I volunteered to make first contact since I was already under suspcion in case our plan back fired, Quincy, would still be undercover, and much to our delight we were right.

I'll post more later.

Serves you all right, next time maybe you'll listen to me!

That's all I have to say.

Serves you all right, next time maybe you'll listen to me!

That's all I have to say.

:laugh:

I thought for sure that Quarry was dead in that last round of voting and then the loyalist would have won. Why didn't everyone vote for Quarry? I mean Dillon said he was a traitor and Dillon was pretty reliable since he is the one who called me out. At that point, everyone knew that Dillon was loyal and I was not. I just laughed and laughed. For the record, I tried to get them to avenge your death Ricecracker. I knew that if we killed ETF, I might be more trusted and had a better shot at winning. Plus he was a double agent, which we were pretty sure of on the first day we were told that there was a double agent.

Well played ETF! You surprised me all throughout this game.

For the record, I tried to get them to avenge your death Ricecracker.

Sure....... :hmpf: . You've all hurt me deep inside :cry_sad: .

Nah, I'm just kidding :laugh: .

Hey, Alice, how did you know I was a double traitor right away, or why did you think I was? I didnt even know until Shadows told me after the first message about there being a traitor.

I didnt even know until Shadows told me after the first message about there being a traitor.

Funny thing is, I didn't know either. I had decided that I would let the traitors turn 3 people before the power left them, and once they had, I would then randomly have one of them turn triple agent. Technically, if only 2 people had ever been turned, there never would have been a triple agent at all.

I thought for sure that Quarry was dead in that last round of voting and then the loyalist would have won. Why didn't everyone vote for Quarry? I mean Dillon said he was a traitor and Dillon was pretty reliable since he is the one who called me out. At that point, everyone knew that Dillon was loyal and I was not.

And then there was the transmission which indicated that of the four people that met outside Nester Brand's quarters during Night 6 (at least) one was a traitor, and in Day 10 I was the only one of those four left alive, and everyone else had been proven loyal. But no, I was still left alive. Very funny :laugh:

Hey, Alice, how did you know I was a double traitor right away, or why did you think I was? I didnt even know until Shadows told me after the first message about there being a traitor.

Hey ETF! It only made sense that it was someone who was turned. We were the only two who were turned and I knew it wasn't me. :laugh:

Well played, ETF. I took over Natman8000's role on day seven or eight, and was told I was a converter. I converted Alice, a vigilante. Next I was planning on converting Sir Dillon, but I was told I could no longer use my night action. I could have averted most of this and possibly even won if I had been able to turn Sir Dillon. Shortly afterward, I, along with the other Black Sun members: Alice, ETF, and Quarryman, were told that there was a traitor among us. Someone who was originally an imp/rebel, converted to Black Sun, turned triple agent for the imps/rebels. :wacko: Me, Quarry, and Alice all thought it was ETF, and we tried to sway the vote that way. Alas, Alice was condemned, and I knew that Sir Dillon would probably watch me that night, and it was possible ETF would kill me. Sir Dillon did watch me, but ETF killed him. Who killed me?

Bob the Construction man killed you (milacol88) I think. Wow Alice, I never thought about it only being someone who had been turned. Never even thought about that possibility. When we first got the transmission about double traitor, I was not the double traitor yet, I was so mad, and I thought that Shadow would only pm the spys about the double agent and leave the double agent in the dark, so I was trying to figure out who had not gotten the pm.

Come to think of it, I think the main thing that prevented this from being a good game under my rule was the fact that there were no clues. None. At all. At least, none that were humanly possible to actually detect. You guys were stuck just... guessing.

Sign in to follow this